Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 20-08-19, 16:46   #121
ian2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
Thank you! Is there a legal way to obtain the iso?
The only legal way to get the game onto your PC would be to buy the physical version and make a backup using a Blu-ray drive.
ian2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 14:17   #122
mind

Does anyone have good settings for keyboard and mouse?
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-19, 17:33   #123
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
TL;DR
To wrap things up for however is reading this first post and doesn't wanna read everything in the thread: since v0.0.7-8000+ Anniversary runs, well, flawlessly in the emulator, just a few dips in the FPS in heavy areas (35 fps min in 4K). (Most areas are way over 60, about 100 average, somewhere even more than 200.) Next up is Underworld, which is mostly averages between 30 and 70 regarding FPS. The worst one to emulate of the trilogy is surprisingly Legend, which generates a lot of shader cache (like, Underworld generates less cache in the full game than Legend does in one whole level lol) and runs 20-50FPS.
Updated first post for newcomers to see.
Also to update: the emulator is pretty stable with the trilogy now, I played all three titles from beginning to end without any issues.
I'm planning to record Legend videos some time, but like I said many times before it is slowest of the three. I'm also planning to do graphics comparisons between the RPCS3 and PC version, and maybe between RPCS3 and PS3 to see how much better it looks. Also a performance comparison between the native PC version and the emulated one.

I've also been trying to optimize my settings to make them run faster. For me, a 12 thread CPU user, found that:
-Multithreaded RSX is better off,
-SPU threads to 4

There is about 5-10% difference in performance comparing 720p to 4K (maybe 5K works well too, even 6K, I will test), but going beyond that degrades performance drastically. (With a GTX1070)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
Does anyone have good settings for keyboard and mouse?
I tried setting that up, unfortunately it's a pain to play them with a mouse and a keyboard.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-19, 19:24   #124
Deathly Karma

Yassss! I love your videos, I've beaten the whole trilogy but I wish the shader cache issue was fixed, it takes me an hour to boot up legend alone.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-19, 20:28   #125
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
Yassss! I love your videos, I've beaten the whole trilogy but I wish the shader cache issue was fixed, it takes me an hour to boot up legend alone.
Thank you! Yes, I get your point. Honestly considering how fast shader cache compiles (at least in Anniversary), you're better off deleting all shader cache if you have too many and want to play again. Legend is basically a mess (again lol) when it comes to shader cache, both in compile times and quantities.
Old 26-10-19, 23:25   #126
UroshUchiha

Looking forward to those comparison videos!
I only recently did my TR marathon from the first one to TR13 and I don't feel like going through LAU so soon, but those videos would make me excited for my future runs
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-19, 23:17   #127
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Looking forward to those comparison videos!
I only recently did my TR marathon from the first one to TR13 and I don't feel like going through LAU so soon, but those videos would make me excited for my future runs
Thank you, means a lot!!

I tried Xenia too, and the manor loaded!! (but nothing else...) Legend and Underworld doesn't load either.
So I quickly made a short comparison video on the three versions we have on PC

Comparing the lighting, the PC version is the outsider here; has more lighting effects and more details, but almost zero shadows, except the one that Lara casts. (But not on Lara.) Also some level textures are higher quality. (at least in the Manor) RPCS3 and Xenia looks very similar in terms of lights, still the Xenia one has weaker, barely visible shadows. Only the RPCS3 version has a better Lara model with higher textures, and specular maps. And finally Lara casts a shadow on herself. Wow.

EDIT: full res pics guess game
lol honestly no cause theyre in order

Last edited by GFY2013; 28-10-19 at 10:26.
Old 28-10-19, 10:33   #128
UroshUchiha

This video is a gem! I only text Xenia from time to time to see if TRU DLCs work.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you enable Anti-Aliasing in TRA the shadows get disabled. if you disable Anti-Aliasing the shadows appear.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 10:58   #129
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
This video is a gem! I only text Xenia from time to time to see if TRU DLCs work.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you enable Anti-Aliasing in TRA the shadows get disabled. if you disable Anti-Aliasing the shadows appear.
Me too, it'd be a dream to play Lara's Shadow on PC
Yes that's correct, but Lara still won't have any shadows on her, just on the ground, which is weird.

EDIT: got Legend running in the Xenia Canary build! Let's see how it compares graphically to the RPCS3 one.

EDIT again: video is live

The XBOX360 version appears to have higher quality textures (2:34), more foliage (2:47), while the PS3 remastered version has higher quality shadows (3:23) and more shadow effects (0:42, 2:56) in general.

Last edited by GFY2013; 28-10-19 at 19:44.
Old 29-10-19, 17:26   #130
IncultaWolf

Thank you for making these comparison videos
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote