Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-12-19, 01:03   #28941
charmedangelin

Quote:
The Clio Awards is an annual award program that recognizes innovation and creative excellence in advertising, design, and communication
I.........I...........I.....just.......I.......... ........

*Charmed cannot compute*

I mean I......I......just.......8th........slot.......... .clownery

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222664
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223637

Last edited by charmedangelin; 06-12-19 at 01:08.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 01:23   #28942
Rai

Charmed, did you actually see the article and what trailer it was referring to? Because I really feel that particular trailer deserved it, it was fun and cute and a great idea.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 01:38   #28943
LateRaider
Inactive

i also liked the launch trailer featuring "Because I could not stop for Death" by emily dickinson

and i have a soft spot for the "become the tomb raider" trailer b/c white flag by bishop briggs fits SotTR so well

LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 01:49   #28944
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Charmed, did you actually see the article and what trailer it was referring to? Because I really feel that particular trailer deserved it, it was fun and cute and a great idea.
If that's what their bases is on then I suppose, but It's just beyond hilarious given the fact that Shadows marketing and communication has been the target of very harsh criticism since the game was announced.
Old 06-12-19, 01:56   #28945
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
If that's what their bases is on then I suppose, but It's just beyond hilarious given the fact that Shadows marketing and communication has been the target of very harsh criticism since the game was announced.
I can agree that a fair portion of the overall marketing wasn't the best, but the reward, I think, going by the article, was for Shadow of the Cute Raider, specifically. I believe it was for National dog day. Not everyone is gonna agree with SE receiving the reward, but there you go.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 02:42   #28946
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
You’re acting like they’ve won the best marketing of the century award when in fact they only won an award for that specific trailer (which is a marketing stunt).
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 03:17   #28947
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
You’re acting like they’ve won the best marketing of the century award when in fact they only won an award for that specific trailer (which is a marketing stunt).
It's just a joke calm down ma'am.
Old 06-12-19, 06:57   #28948
Chamayoo

Congrats for the awaited 1M sold on PC and the award for the cute video ! Shadow deserved some good news.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 08:12   #28949
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Square Enix Takes the Gold at the 2019 Clio Awards For “Shadow of the Cute Raider”

Lol that’s pretty cool though

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2019/12...oogle_vignette
Congratulations to SE! It was a really cute and funny video! Definitely a highlight! So well made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
i also liked the launch trailer featuring "Because I could not stop for Death" by emily dickinson

and i have a soft spot for the "become the tomb raider" trailer b/c white flag by bishop briggs fits SotTR so well
Omg yes! I actually loved every trailer. Even if E3 one was somehow disappointing in the way that they had poor graphical settings, the music made up for it!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Congrats for the awaited 1M sold on PC and the award for the cute video ! Shadow deserved some good news.
Yess!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 08:41   #28950
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Omg yes! I actually loved every trailer. Even if E3 one was somehow disappointing in the way that they had poor graphical settings, the music made up for it!.
I agree so much with this! While the marketing in general was horrendous and did the game soooo dirty, the trailers have been great, even the E3 one. The song used in it song felt so empowering and fit the mood of the scenes so good. Let‘s. not talk about the graphics in that one though.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote