Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-03-20, 07:18   #191
JoelCaesar

Emulators are legal, however, downloading the files for the games off the internet is considered piracy.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 11:22   #192
UroshUchiha

I was playing a bit with Xenia today after a very long time and I managed to include the DLCs, install the Title Updates and so far the DLCs are bootable. Of course it still crashes/freezes as soon as I try to move around and the graphics aren't being loaded at all.
Not sure if there's an option in the emulator that could fix the graphics but they look like this on Direct3D 12 and ROV 2x. Trying to use Vulkan outright breaks my graphic drivers and I have to restart the PC to fix it.
I remember in the past it was required to use Protect Zero set to false but from what I can see that is no longer required.

https://imgur.com/a/V4QNuR9

EDIT: Protection Zero set to false is required for the Canary build from what I can see. Also Canary build didn't want to work with the patched .xex I used in the Master build, but it did work when I replaced it with the unpatched one (still had the unextracted Title Update in Xenia's content folder though so maybe that's why it worked?) Canary does a bit better with the graphic rendering for me, but not by much.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 18-04-20 at 12:00.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 12:53   #193
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Emulators are legal, however, downloading the files for the games off the internet is considered piracy.
Not if you own the game. Some games are just not easily transferable to PC without specific hardware, so for this reason downloading is okay as long as you own the game already.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 21:14   #194
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Not if you own the game. Some games are just not easily transferable to PC without specific hardware, so for this reason downloading is okay as long as you own the game already.
I agree with what you're saying but actually, copying files from an X360 to a USB card is pretty easy. My console is literally original and it let me copy both DLCs without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I was playing a bit with Xenia today after a very long time and I managed to include the DLCs, install the Title Updates and so far the DLCs are bootable. Of course it still crashes/freezes as soon as I try to move around and the graphics aren't being loaded at all.
Not sure if there's an option in the emulator that could fix the graphics but they look like this on Direct3D 12 and ROV 2x. Trying to use Vulkan outright breaks my graphic drivers and I have to restart the PC to fix it.
I remember in the past it was required to use Protect Zero set to false but from what I can see that is no longer required.

https://imgur.com/a/V4QNuR9

EDIT: Protection Zero set to false is required for the Canary build from what I can see. Also Canary build didn't want to work with the patched .xex I used in the Master build, but it did work when I replaced it with the unpatched one (still had the unextracted Title Update in Xenia's content folder though so maybe that's why it worked?) Canary does a bit better with the graphic rendering for me, but not by much.
Maybe it broke in newer commits? I had no issues with graphics back when I tried it.

EDIT: i see you're using upscaling 2x, upscaling breaks it. Turn it off.

Last edited by GFY2013; 18-04-20 at 21:20.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 23:52   #195
JOHN30011887

Im just glad i got the dlc's to work but for now this aint playable so iv put it aside for now till the emulator matures more

I get less than a min then audio buzzes realy loud then crashes, reminds me of the old days of a blue screen crash sound lol
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-20, 23:30   #196
JOHN30011887

Just an update on what i said before, i retested since its been a while and with latest update of xenia emulator i have been able to play lara's shadow perfectly (apart from shader caching stutter) for over 2 hours now, still cant use the better x2 upscaling though as it looks broken but at least it doesnt crash every few seconds to minute anymore
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 14:03   #197
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Just an update on what i said before, i retested since its been a while and with latest update of xenia emulator i have been able to play lara's shadow perfectly (apart from shader caching stutter) for over 2 hours now, still cant use the better x2 upscaling though as it looks broken but at least it doesnt crash every few seconds to minute anymore
That's great news. Personally I'll wait for more updates before I dive into the DLCs again. Been a long time xD
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-20, 23:22   #198
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Well!! I definitely do love for this idea to happen. So how is it possible to get these fun extended chapters of Underworld released? I especially LOVE TO PLAY LARA'S SHADOW as well as that's my favorite extended chapter too. Maybe there's a way how to port it for PC. Is there?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 04:23   #199
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Well!! I definitely do love for this idea to happen. So how is it possible to get these fun extended chapters of Underworld released? I especially LOVE TO PLAY LARA'S SHADOW as well as that's my favorite extended chapter too. Maybe there's a way how to port it for PC. Is there?
Unfortunately no not at the moment and porting it would hard because the PC and Xbox have different formats and different archetypes. they have to convert and no one has done so.
GaviCroftREmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 23:29   #200
JAMJOOM

Default here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Keep dreaming
all we can do is make similar as xbox outfits mods
i made this one today after try it on my xbox one x
red drysuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8spg-8zGREc&t=81s
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote