Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 26-01-17, 15:06   #11
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I had no idea of what how you've coded it, so I wondered if you would have been able to create constants (PARAM_) to add a curve to the movement. Indeed the sun has not been coded in a really realistic way, but with plugnis it would be possible to do it. But it's probably much more work, and you already did something really interesting.
Okay, I thought it again, and it is possible to do two/three directions at the same time, in one progressive action, for a 2D/3D line/curve:

For example:

Frame__Coord X__Coord Y__Increment X__Increment Y
0______1000_____1000____1____________2
1______1001_____1002____1____________2
2______1002_____1004____1____________2
Etc.

But it should be heavily controlled. I mean, eg. "stop at coordinate (47500, 85140)"? - It is not easy to calculate and follow properly. 3D (47500, -52400, 85140) should be harder.
I suggest those one directions for tiny movements, like:

1. Move north to 25500.
2. Then move west to 12460.
3. Then move north to 28200.
Etc.

Besides, if you use the sun for a "general reason", then those one-directed, "harsh" movements should be enough.

One more thing:
I need increasing increments for a curve:

Frame__Coord X__Coord Y__Increment X__Increment Y
0______1000_____1000____1____________2
1______1001_____1002____1____________3
2______1002_____1005____1____________4
Etc.

But increasing increment means increasing speed (increment/frame) in this example.
So I need some better control for a nice curve.

As for a circle, it could be more harder, I probably need a nice algorhytm for the proper increment ratio.

Conclusion:
- Two-/three-directed lines are not really useful, due to the hard control. Probably an AddEffect is better for a helicopter light. Or a LIGHT object, that copies the actual coordinates of the helicopter.
Or even these multidirected lines for the sun, if the helicopter moves in a well-described way, so you can add several tiny one-directed lines for the sun.
- The proper algorhytm for a well-controlled curves and circles must be a future thing. Or perhaps somebody with better skills will do it soon.

Quote:
I did not even think about things like the lighthouse (Titak will be happy!).
If I made someone happy with my developments that definitely makes me happy!
______

EDIT:
Okay, I add another trigger, for 2D/3D linear movements, but you can stop it only immediately or timed, no chance to stop it with coordinates.
Perhaps it is useful if you move the helicopter directly through the top of the sky, not changing directions.
Or if you use an Organizer, so sun movements can follow the hardcoded (?) helicopter movement-changes.

Last edited by AkyV; 26-01-17 at 15:12.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 16:44   #12
Titak

I do indeed have a lighthouse in one of my levels, but it is not drawn on the horizon, it is an object in one of the rooms.
The thing I ran into when trying to make a lenseflare object do its thing (be a lenseflare) was to only make it do the lenseflare thing when the light was rotating towards Lara. Failed miserably... Can't untrigger a lenseflare it seems... And rotating it does not help either: it does not cast the lenseflare in a certain direction.

Anyway, seeing this makes me think something might be possible with a plugin.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 18:59   #13
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Okay, I add another trigger, for 2D/3D linear movements, but you can stop it only immediately or timed, no chance to stop it with coordinates.
Added, and works like a charm.
Now you can move the sun even in two or three (north/south, east/west, vertical) directions (linearly!) at the same time - but you can stop it only with timer or another trigger to abort, coordinates are not parameters for abortion.
Coordinate-based stop only for moves in one-direction.

EDIT:
If you say to start moving X direction while it is already moving in Y direction, then I say choose this method: move the sun in one direction with the first trigger till it should move in one direction, then stop it and use this other trigger right away to start moving it in both directions at the same time.

Last edited by AkyV; 26-01-17 at 19:16.
Old 26-01-17, 22:00   #14
Paolone

I'm so happy and ... shocked.
Happy that you had been able to use plugin skills in so short time and shocked because it's incredible that you had not any knowledge about programming until a month ago.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 23:35   #15
AkyV

I got trained when scripting.
Thank you!
But I need to admit what you can see there is not a little piece of my knowledge but almost all of my actual knowledge.

And I am sure if I step further, then further zillions of questions will show up I need to ask, or else I will be stuck again. However, I will not be available always here, just like you, my big hope is if time goes by, then the knowledge of the community will be big enough to help even each other any time. (Just like sapper and Krystian also helped.)

How horrible it could be in the first days when TRLE was released, and almost the manual was your only help. (And the same thing naturally with the first days of TRNG. I could imagine: "here is some guy, Paolone or who, who updated the Room Editor". "Is it something new about TREP?" "No, I don't think so".)

Last edited by AkyV; 27-01-17 at 00:48.
Old 27-01-17, 13:01   #16
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I got trained when scripting.
Thank you!
But I need to admit what you can see there is not a little piece of my knowledge but almost all of my actual knowledge.
Indeed, when I described the "advanced level builder" class, I meant own who used advanced scripting for years, since triggergroup and organizer required already a programming logic. Next step, that of plugin programmation, doesn't change that logic but only its syntax and the its tools.
I hope also other advanced level builder will try this chance, perhaps own because encouraged by your amazing results.
Quote:
And I am sure if I step further, then further zillions of questions will show up I need to ask, or else I will be stuck again. However, I will not be available always here, just like you, my big hope is if time goes by, then the knowledge of the community will be big enough to help even each other any time. (Just like sapper and Krystian also helped.)
I agree, it was my own thought and hoping.
Now knowledge of whole trle comunity is really very good and I hope that, also with plugin tools, it could increase furtherly.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 21:05   #17
AODfan

(There are some weird audio issues in the video but it sounds fine in the game)

I only need to add some blood when she's hit but I think it's pretty much done now
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 13:40   #18
Titak

Good job!
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 13:55   #19
Gancian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
I only need to add some blood when she's hit but I think it's pretty much done now
Wow, great! I did remember someone was working on the rolling ball physics from TR1!

Do you think you could apply the same plugin or a similar code to also re-create the blade discs from TR2?
Gancian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 16:38   #20
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
[/youtube]QjPTsXDoV_c[/youtube]
(There are some weird audio issues in the video but it sounds fine in the game)

Maybe ad a "thud" sound when the balls hit the wall?

Also, you gotta love how she dies just because she got hit in the leg by the ball

Last edited by Dustie; 09-02-17 at 16:40.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote