www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-10-18, 12:43   #981
laracroftswest
Professor

4/10 to me treks into the "unplayable" territory (save your shade), which this game is not. I don't think I've ever played a game and said it was bad enough to warrant that. Seems a little harsh.
laracroftswest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 12:47   #982
Mani_Man
Professor

Edge doesnt seem to be that weird to me, they seem to have a rather good idea of the games.

Which makes it so weird to see a 4/10.

No matter if you hate the game, the reboot or the style etc...there is nothing that excuses a 4/10...objectivly the game is no 4/10...simple as that.

At its worst a 6 but to be a 4 it needs to be far more broken and messed up than it simply is.
There is nothing to discuss about it, if you go with a 4/10 then thats simply because you dont like the game and not because its objectivly a bad game.

Giving Shadow a 4/10 is destroying your reputation because it simply isnt as broken or messed up in terms of gameplay, story etc as a 4/10 makes it seem.

That just has to be accepted and people need to be honest enough to admit that.
6 maybe, 7 should be standard...but 4 is showing just that someone doesnt like the game.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 12:49   #983
Hazelphoenix
Archaeologist

Edge is known for being eDgY, they usually give controversial scores to successful titles just to stir the pot, I wouldnít mind them too much. Nothing new to see here, letís just move on.

ďDonít feed the trollĒ
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 12:52   #984
2001LC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Edge is known for being eDgY, they usually give controversial scores to successful titles just to stir the pot, I wouldnít mind them too much. Nothing new to see here, letís just move on.

ďDonít feed the trollĒ
I agree! It's IMPOSSIBLE a 4/10! Anything below a 7 is total bull****.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 12:53   #985
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Edge doesnt seem to be that weird to me, they seem to have a rather good idea of the games.

No matter if you hate the game, the reboot or the style etc...there is nothing that excuses a 4/10...objectivly the game is no 4/10...simple as that.

At its worst a 6 but to be a 4 it needs to be far more broken and messed up than it simply is.
There is nothing to discuss about it, if you go with a 4/10 then thats simply because you dont like the game and not because its objectivly a bad game.

Giving Shadow a 4/10 is destroying your reputation because it simply isnt as broken or messed up in terms of gameplay, story etc as a 4/10 makes it seem.

6 maybe, 7 should be standard...but 4 is showing just that someone doesnt like the game.
That's your opinion, you don't get to define what is "objectively" a good score. Shadow has a lot of problems. Some of those problems mean a lot more to some then others. For example some care more about story and some care more about gameplay. If the story sucks, which is does, then the reviewer will give it a lower score. Where as if someone cares more about certain gameplay elements that factor will lead to them either rating the game a higher or lower score depending on what was offered.

There is no such thing as an unfair score when it comes from reviewer to reviwer. Review scores are always subjective. Whether or not the collective conscious will agree with that reviwer will depend on their own experiences with the game.
Old 11-10-18, 12:56   #986
Hazelphoenix
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
I agree! It's IMPOSSIBLE a 4/10! Anything below a 7 is total bull****.
Itís not the first time they pull this crap, canít recall the other games right now but it occurred in the past.

They thrive on their controversial opinions, thatís just how they are. Not saying itís inherently bad, just not something to take extremely seriously. Shadow has a lot of flaws, but is nowhere near 4/10 material.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 12:58   #987
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post

ďDonít feed the trollĒ
Who told you that??
BTW. They gave both reboot and Rise an 8.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 13:00   #988
the_end90
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post

I agree: 4/10 is something You give to a game that has very evident problems which Shadow have not.
I think a correct evaluation would be 7/10
Old 11-10-18, 13:01   #989
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Who told you that??
BTW. They gave both reboot and Rise an 8.
Lol, they're only trolls when low scores come on. If they gave Shadow a 10 everyone will want to write them a personal thank you thread for such a score.
Old 11-10-18, 13:07   #990
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
EDGE magazine gave it a 4/10.
Anywhere we can read the review?

I do like the cover though. They could have gone with dual guns and a braid and all that for Lara, but they chose not to. Laura isn't iconic with her bow and mullet hair. Lara was with her braid and dual guns. Eventually someone else will steal those traits, and it'll become associated with them instead of Lara Croft. That image of Lara with her dual guns and braid is aging and will soon be gone if they keep going with Laura and the reboot universe.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote