Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 30-04-19, 22:10   #471
Tonyrobinson

So back on topic. Anyone else checked out Amy's work yet? I have to say her films are good but I can't tell what Tomb Raider will end up like because everything she has done so far has been so vastly different than what I expect of this.

She doesn't have big blockbuster credit I always style writing to her name which isn't necessarily a bad thing but if they include horror and dramatic moments she will probably do a great job.

I do want the supernatural elements to be inroduced in the sequel, it is going to have to be organic to the storytelling and not seem out of place, a film more akin to The Descent could work. It would play to Amy's writing style and steer te franchise in a darker place were it could introduce more of those psychedelic elements. She writes weird paranormal scenes really well, if they do the supernatural elements this time it's going to be unique atleast.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 30-04-19 at 22:12.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 22:53   #472
Portugalraider

Still want to see the movies Amy scripted, but being very versatile and having some awards does look like signals of a possible good script.

However, not having blockbuster experience might be worrying, not because of her talent, but because blockbusters are micromanaged to a fault, and some writers (and directors, if Ben is on board as we suspect) don't work well with that sort of artistic limitation. But her versatility might also be good for that. If she can adapt her writing to different genres, she might be able to adapt to those sorts of blockbuster limitations.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 23:19   #473
SoraSakai
Inactive

They’re pretty good. They seem to mostly take place in minimal locations. I think it’ll all take place in a series of tombs with inspiration taken from The Descent.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 07:00   #474
Ellioft

So she have written paranormal stuff hmmm interesting to know maybe it can lead somewhere. Usually studios doesn't hire someone without knowing what they have done before. My two cents for this concidering Amy have done critical sucessfull movies in U.K maybe they are going on the road of something more british flavored than american.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 08:03   #475
FanosCroft

Can't wait to hear the next bits of news, but I'm sure it's gonna be a while.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 08:14   #476
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Can't wait to hear the next bits of news, but I'm sure it's gonna be a while.
Well you have a “source” apparently lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 08:36   #477
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
So she have written paranormal stuff hmmm interesting to know maybe it can lead somewhere. Usually studios doesn't hire someone without knowing what they have done before. My two cents for this concidering Amy have done critical sucessfull movies in U.K maybe they are going on the road of something more british flavored than american.
They tried that with the first film too, the opening was very British. Graham hired Roar because he wanted more European flair too although I don't feel that showed through enough once they got to Yamatai.

I'm hoping that Amy will change up the formula for this and we get something different again. All of her previous films have pretty much been set in one location in very claustrophobic atmosphere. I wouldn't mind personally f this majority of this film took place with Lara being trapped in a Tomb or caves or in some sort of wilderness environment and being a proper survival film.

As I've said before I wanna see survivalist Lara because we didn't get an awful lot of her in the first film. If this is a film set in the snow I wanna see Lara make campfires, create shelters and roast animals on a spit whilst patching up her own wounds.

For anyone that wants to see Amy handle horror do a YouTube search for the Kill List tunnel scene it's got heaps of atmosphere and is genuinely pretty terrifying. I can't post it here because it contains violence and nudity.

In an interview with Ben Wheatley he said that Amy writes films knowing that she will be the one to edit them too so she regains more creative control. I can't say for definite it will be the case with this film but if Ben directs then I expect it will be.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 01-05-19 at 08:44.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 11:52   #478
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Well you have a “source” apparently lol
I do, I don't see what's laughable about it with this "lol" my sources were proven right many times, & I meant news like who's gonna direct the film and where are they shooting, info that insiders won't reveal.

Last edited by FanosCroft; 01-05-19 at 11:53.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 13:05   #479
Portugalraider

Fanos, stop lying, we all know you don't have a source.

You actually are either Alicia or Graham King and we all know it!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 16:08   #480
PinkyPromise

I just hope that with all the money earned with bohemian rhapsody Graham King spend a lot more money in the movie and especially in a good trailer, advertising and posters that are not TT on Twitter for fake neck
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote