www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 19-12-20, 22:09   #1
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Default Problem with ImportFile command

It's me again, but this time, asking on behalf of Lima and for his Dark City Part 2 project.

If you played Dark City Pt. 2 DEMO, you know that Lara occasionally makes a comment about something. In the DEMO version, these comments appeared as on-screen texts.

This time, the idea is to add Lara's voice (short audio tracks) to these comments. Therefore, Lima uses ImportFile command to import these short audio tracks in the Script.bat file. We both followed Titak's instructions on this to the last detail.

As you can see in the Script, Lima created a folder named OGG, which contains these imported audio files.

Only the first four Imported audio files play in game when the game is started. The fifth audio file won't play no matter what you do. Also, all the subsequent audio files don't play in game.

Note: the same problem occurs when these imported audio files are stored in the main TRLE folder. Also if another audio file is selected as ImportFile 5, which excludes the format as the cause.
The size of these five audio files (aggregate) is some 3MB, so that is also excluded as the cause.
Refer to the Script in the screenshot for other details.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Old 19-12-20, 22:21   #2
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Croft View Post
We both followed Titak's instructions on this to the last detail.
Based on what I see, those are not my instructions. I've never used the ImportFile= command.
So I can't help with this now either.

Not even sure why using it would be preferred over simply having the files in the Audio folder and triggering them with one of the sound flipeffects.
(or better yet: export those flipeffect triggers, put each one in a TriggerGroup= and add TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT to it to make sure it does not play every time Lara steps onto the trigger. Place an F118 trigger for the TriggerGroup in the map)

Btw, the Cust_New_Sound_Engine command is not needed anymore if Lima is using a newer TRNG version.
Old 19-12-20, 23:13   #3
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Hi, Titak

Concerning the "instructions" of yours... Actually, the instructions are authored by AkyV, and you quoted them here:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79194

My mistake for misquote.

And concerning the Audio folder question... Well, Lima is crazy about sound and audio, because he's a musician. The available slots in Audio folder are already reserved for more important tracks than Lara's comments Therefore, he needs all other means available in TRNG (also eagerly waiting for a plug-in which enables more than two channels)...

Concerning the suggestion about TriggerGroup, this is exactly what Lima used in the script. I added a screenshot from that section of the Script. One TriggerGroup activates the text and the corresponding Audio in the Script and the Editor calls that Group (both triggers). This works for the first four such thoughts, but not for the fifth or sixth.

If this cannot work, he'll probably give up on the audio comments in Dark City Pt. 2, but that would be a great handicap for the game.

Old 20-12-20, 11:05   #4
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Croft View Post
The available slots in Audio folder are already reserved for more important tracks than Lara's comments
How many audio tracks does he have already?
My game is 17 levels long now and I'm up to track 171 with some gaps here and there.

The audio flipeffect triggers allow for triggering up to track 255.
Are all those tracks used already?

Either way, sorry, can't help with the ImportFile command.
But I'm pretty sure someone else will know.
Old 21-12-20, 05:19   #5
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

Wow, you've got 17 levels so far... I swear, I screamed

Well, many things are planned for DC 2. For instance, many dialogues, Lara's thoughts, guardian angel's instructions, plus hints, audio tracks for foreground and background, and Lima needs everything NGLE can give him.

I hope someone will know how to solve this issue. The problem still stands: ImportFile beyond slot 4 won't work...
Old 22-12-20, 08:05   #6
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

I remember someone asking for this feature a few years ago, maybe there's something that could help? https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=219586
Old 26-12-20, 20:32   #7
Nina Croft
Hobbyist

LoreRaider, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the problem is still not solved.

ImportFile command works with only first four files, and then it simply refuses to import other files.

The problem still persists