www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 10-01-21, 18:58   #14581
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Honestly, I'm fuming but I found the reason why it wasn't working. Apparently I got the switch from trsearch package and it was brokent there LOL. I have replaced it with the same object, but from settomb wad and it works now. Honestly lmao... Anyway thanks for help!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 00:56   #14582
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

I'm playing around with the HYDRA. I looked through the history of this thread and found out that the OCB to make the fireballs burn Lara is 1536, but I don't know if there are other OCBs or where more info about playing with the Hydra could be found.

I found a post from 2 years ago -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I am afraid but hydra features are weak, really, and I think we have not discovered yet how to modify them with scripts or plugins.
But wondered if there was any more recent info about getting the Hydra to have stronger magic attacks?
Old 12-01-21, 11:45   #14583
AkyV

Sorry, as far as I know, nobody was working on the hydra.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 12:38   #14584
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Sorry, as far as I know, nobody was working on the hydra.
No worries Is there a list of its OCBs somewhere? Iíve found references to 1 and 2 (to make heads on the same square work as a pair) and 1536 (the make it shoot fire rather than magic), but I donít know where the full list could be found. The NGLE Manual has the info about 1 and 2 but if it mentions 1536 I must have missed it.
Old 12-01-21, 14:24   #14585
A_De
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
No worries Is there a list of its OCBs somewhere? I’ve found references to 1 and 2 (to make heads on the same square work as a pair) and 1536 (the make it shoot fire rather than magic), but I don’t know where the full list could be found. The NGLE Manual has the info about 1 and 2 but if it mentions 1536 I must have missed it.
May be your NG-Center is outdated? Because there actually is a clear reference for hydra OCBs:
Quote:
OCB 1 or OCB 2
--------------
If you place 1 or 2 in OCB of Hydra you'll work with a pair (a couple) of Hydra objects.
In this situation you should place both hydra in same sector, setting in first object the OCB = 1, while in other object set OCB = 2.
In game the two Hydra will be (a bit) moved, to stay on two opposite corners of same side.
Another feature of hydra's couple is that both hydras will be inclinated a bit in opposite way to create a sort of "V" letter.

Remarks:

* When you work with couple of Hydras you cann't chose the facing, since the engine will force the starting facing to South (in ngle view).

* If you omit 2 and 1 in OCB, the Hydra will work like single object and it will keep the facing and position set in the project.

OCBs for Missile type
---------------------
The Missile should be the energize ball shot by Hydra to hit Lara.

You can choose only a single of following values, and then you'll add it to (further) "1" or "2" for couple setting.

0 OCB (Missile 0)
If you don't add meaninful values for Missile Type, you chose the first missile type.
Missile 0, is an energic ball of green color. It creates a little damage to Lara. (shockwave)

256 OCB (Missile 1)
Green Energize ball, but this will burn Lara.

512 OCB (Missile 2)
Yellow Energize ball. Little damage

768 OCB (Missile 3)
Azure Energize ball. Little damage. This ball curve a bit to reach Lara.

1024 OCB (Missile 4).
Azure Energize ball. Almost the same of 768 ocb, but in this case the ball doesn't curve.

1280 OCB (Missile 5)
Yellow Ball, little damage.

1536 OCB (Missile 6)
Fire Ball. It burns Lara

1792 OCB (Random Missile type)
If you set 1792 like missile type, the engine will choose in random way the missile type.
This means that, in same life time of same Hydra, it could shot different kind of missiles.
The player will be able to recognize the most dangerous balls for their color or layout: the Missile 1 (green color) and the Missile 6 (fire ball).

Other OCB settings
------------------

2048 OCB (Disable Fire)
The hydra, before shooting an energize ball, shows a little fire.
This fire is not very beauty to see, because it will be showed in a weird position of Hydra's body, anyway it could be useful for player to understand when the shot is coming soon.
If you add the value 2048 to OCB, the little fire will be no more showed.

4096 OCB (Disable Missile)
If you add the 4096 value to OCB, the hydra will no more shot energize or fire balls.
Also with this limitation the Hydra will be able to hurth lara usign its big beak.
I use hydras in my level, but don't use OCB 1 or 2. OCB = 256 makes hydra shoot green energy ball like SETHA slot, unfortunately that blue fire is not savegame stable. Other type of missiles are too weak imo, and also look ugly. I think that the most useful values are 1536 for fire missile and 4096 to disable that fire with some condition and global trigger.

Last edited by A_De; 12-01-21 at 14:27.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 03:53   #14586
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Thank you A_De, I think I must be looking in the wrong place. Still learning my way around NG Center and how to use it's resources through TIDE.

I'm having a problem with a rotating static item (well, two actually). I have the following script line attached to a one shot trigger in my level:

Parameters=PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM, 1, IGNORE, 18, ROTH_CLOCKWISE, $8000, $100, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 129, IGNORE
Parameters=PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM, 2, IGNORE, 43, ROTH_CLOCKWISE, $8000, $100, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 129, IGNORE

The items rotate just fine . . . but then they both rotate again after a little while, I think when Lara crosses the trigger again, even though it's setup as a one-shot. I didn't see a place in the script to make it happen only once, but is there something I might be doing wrong that makes the item rotate more than once?
Old 14-01-21, 07:52   #14587
Quanayn
Hobbyist

Default Help with kick doors!

Hello!

I'm trying to add a kick door/push-pull door to my level. My target WAD is cleopal, and using Wadmerger I've tried copying the kick door from city.WAD and copying over a door I downloaded from trsearch. Both times, I get this issue where the door and the static door frame show up as Lara's pelvis. I'm using the revised cleopal WAD, so Lara's "open door" animation is in place. Could I get some help please?? :

Last edited by Quanayn; 14-01-21 at 07:54.
Quanayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 10:45   #14588
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
The items rotate just fine . . . but then they both rotate again after a little while, I think when Lara crosses the trigger again, even though it's setup as a one-shot. I didn't see a place in the script to make it happen only once, but is there something I might be doing wrong that makes the item rotate more than once?
I assume you placed both triggers in one sector, the problem is you can't do that :/
Also, remember that if you place the same flipeffect or action trigger on multiple squares, the trigger will act one shot for every single sector it's placed on, so for example if you place one trigger in 4 squares but still set as one shot, it will trigger 4 times because it's placed in 4 different squares

So, there are 2 ways to fix this issue, the easier workaround is to use a rollingball, where you place the 2 flipeffects in 2 different sectors, both set as one shot
The second is to use a triggergroup, with both triggers set into it, and use the flag tgroup_single_shot, so that you're sure it will work one shot (I think you can check how that flag works in the reference list)
Old 14-01-21, 11:47   #14589
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
So, there are 2 ways to fix this issue, the easier workaround is to use a rollingball, where you place the 2 flipeffects in 2 different sectors, both set as one shot
The second is to use a triggergroup, with both triggers set into it, and use the flag tgroup_single_shot, so that you're sure it will work one shot (I think you can check how that flag works in the reference list)
Wow this helps immensely, I had no idea that FlipEffects worked that way. I'll see if it works with the rolling ball, but I think I'll need to learn trigger groups - I've never set one up before, only copied and pasted pre-made scripts.
Old 17-01-21, 09:33   #14590
Richard_trle
Explorer

I have a issue with ladder to crawl script, there is a certain room that is causing the game to crash.

The room in question is a 3x3 room 8 clicks in height, with a central portal which is 1 click below its surface level

There is a raising block in the lower room that once triggered allows Lara to reach the upper level, however if I use the grab->crouch to peep into the room, the game crash,

There is also a crash log file that the game generates,
https://pastebin.com/qwSbNeZJ

Last edited by Richard_trle; 17-01-21 at 10:30. Reason: crash log, just in case
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote