www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 19-12-20, 06:07   #1
Richard_trle
Explorer

Default Problem with ConditionNG

Hello there!

In my map there is a secret room with a Revolver in it, if the player grabs it can make a fight at a later stage of the map easier.

I put another revolve in that "fighting" room, because the person can miss the first one and I consider it is redundant that the player would find both weapons.

I tried to make a ConditionNG, which checks if the Inventory is missing the SIXSHOOTER_ITEM and I put the trigger to the weapon on it.

However it is not working, the item doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong?
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 11:08   #2
Krystian
Archaeologist

I would do it the other way around: check that the revolver is present in the inventory, and if it is, remove the second revolver from the level (A14, use the "Remove immediately" Extra option).
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 08:12   #3
Richard_trle
Explorer

Well, I still can't make it work and I don't know why.

I tried to setup a trap which stops the player from progressing through the level if they do not pick up an item,

So I put a ConditionNG

It moves a bunch of Teeth Spikes

However it does nothing, I tried exporting the script, no avail, what am I doing wrong?
Old 23-12-20, 09:50   #4
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

Afaik you can only have one trigger after the condition, so I'd put all those 3 ActionNG triggers in a triggergroup

Also, are you using Classic Inventory plugin? Because that plugin uses different condition triggers for the same behavior, but you have to use those specific triggers to get inventory stuff to work
Old 24-12-20, 17:21   #5
cornchild
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
Well, I still can't make it work and I don't know why.

I tried to setup a trap which stops the player from progressing through the level if they do not pick up an item,

So I put a ConditionNG

It moves a bunch of Teeth Spikes

However it does nothing, I tried exporting the script, no avail, what am I doing wrong?
Is that your trigger setup? If so I think I see the issue.

Your Condition Trigger should be Inventory. NOT present <#> Inventory Item. A C1 trigger not a C2. Then your other triggers will work just fine if the condition is met.

Hope this helps!
cornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-20, 05:48   #6
Richard_trle
Explorer

The spikes are actually set up (always active), if the player picks up the puzzle item, then the spikes recede

The order is ok, the trigger is somehow not working on time
Old 25-12-20, 10:58   #7
Joey79100
Professor

To make sure it really is the condition that is not working, there is a simple test you can do: remove all the existing action triggers, so there is only the condition, and then add a Flash screen flipeffect instead.

If it flashes when it should and doesn't flash when it shouldn't, then the condition is working, and it's the action triggers that do not. In this case you'll probably have to find an alternative Action trigger (some objects have specific behaviors that do not necessarily cooperate with simple activation/deactivation).

If it is the condition that is not , then... as Lore asked, are you using the Classic inventory plugin by any chance? This would probably be the reason why.