www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 08-01-21, 19:06   #1
destra
Hobbyist

Default NGLE installation troubles

Hello,
I'm big and old TR fan. I always wanted to create some TR level. I watched a few vids from AgentXP and i absolutely love her tutorials on NGLE/TRLE.

I've read manual on how to install, but they are just confusing and old. I dont know. Can somebody write a detailed installation of NGLE in 2021?
Is somewhere a video tutorial?

I already installed TRLE without any problem and downloaded NGLE.
I ran NGLE installer (with big green button INSTALL) and even after having folders correct after clicking install the error message shows 'file not found. I really don't have any clue how the installation of NGLE works. Folder is full of programs and it's just confusing for someone who's absolute newbie TRLE.

I'm very sorry for trouble

Thanks for help.

PS: I'll continue in my TRLE adventure, so I made instagram, where I'm going to post my progress in editor. I'm very excited.
IG: destra.trle
destra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 19:58   #2
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by destra View Post
Hello,
I'm big and old TR fan. I always wanted to create some TR level.
Very cool, and welcome to level editing! Since you're just beginning, I personally recommend checking out Tomb Editor rather than NGLE. It's a fan-created version of the original level editor that has many of the same capabilities as NGLE, but built for the 2020s. It's also quite easy to install and get up and running, I've loved it. There's a different subforum where you can download it and get help specifically for Tomb Editor.

I still find the NGLE forum helpful for figuring out scripting and triggering, which work almost the same way in Tomb Editor.
Old 08-01-21, 20:02   #3
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

I strongly recommend you to use Tomb Editor, which is a new editor that replaces the old, less compatible with new systems and slow winroomedit and NGLE, with also a lot of new features
You can find it here: main thread, latest release
Here's also some tutorials for it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iyAf1lOlKtwslf
And here's a few videos on how it's structured: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._oejBQC4Y3DBpH
Old 08-01-21, 20:18   #4
destra
Hobbyist

Oh didn't know about that I very surprised, but also so happy that TR community is getting stronger a more passionate about classic TR. I'm playing TR4 (my first ever series) since 4 years old (now i'm 23), so I really appreciate any help.

I'll look at editor you suggested. Thank you very much. I very excited for this.
destra is offline   Reply With Quote