www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-05-22, 06:26   #21
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 3,521
Default

This project just made me realize Charles is never spoken of by name in TR: Chronicles... Huh. Justice for Jean at last, it seems. Thanks for this, ATRF. I'm happy to see more mods for TRV.
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-22, 11:27   #22
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
This project just made me realize Charles is never spoken of by name in TR: Chronicles... Huh. Justice for Jean at last, it seems. Thanks for this, ATRF. I'm happy to see more mods for TRV.
You're very welcome!

I've noticed too that Charles' name wasn't mentioned at all. Interestingly, the only namedrop Charles Kane ever gotten gamewise was during the LAU trilogy.

ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-22, 14:15   #23
Jathom95
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: United States
Posts: 1,164
Default

Not surprising though, really. Charles Kane was added very, very late in development as a stand-in for Jean, as we all know nowadays. Jean actually made it all the way to beta before they had to remove him, and there were even some beta versions of the game that leaked out that still had him in the game.

They probably just hoped no one would notice since they really didn't want to be working on Chronicles in the first place.
__________________
"Rodents, I wouldn't wonder. *Big* rodents."
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-22, 08:50   #24
_Seth
Professor
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: England
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
there were even some beta versions of the game that leaked out that still had him in the game.
This really blow my mind and doesn't get talked about enough. Core seriously released a beta product, which had silent FMVs, to general circulation. Do we even know what territories it was released to or anything about the fallout?
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-22, 09:45   #25
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
This really blow my mind and doesn't get talked about enough. Core seriously released a beta product, which had silent FMVs, to general circulation. Do we even know what territories it was released to or anything about the fallout?
Actually the beta FMVs do have audio - they're mostly either the TR1 main theme or TR4 jeep music, so basically placeholders. The Core logo FMV has the usual music. Edit: On some versions of beta there's dialogue in the first cutscene between Winston and Father Patrick, but there's no dialogue for the news reporter on the tv.

(Sorry my bad for saying the beta FMVs had no audio, I kinda wrote the op in a rush.)

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 15-05-22 at 10:09.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 12:54   #26
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 511
Default

Good news everyone, perryloo have successfully modded Jean-Yves into the TRC title screen, I think his model was imported from TR4.

I've tested the Title.trc level mod and everything seems to be in perfect working order. I'd recommend using this level mod alongside the FMVs from this project. This way we can have a faithful restoration of Jean-Yves in TRC.

Grab the mod here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post

Screenshots for: PSX Beta | PC Vanilla | PC Mod

ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-22, 10:26   #27
Ameliorator
Student
 
Ameliorator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 104
Default

Hey, Iím just catching up with everything on here and this is fantastic! I saw that youíve done the same with subtitling the AoD FMVs and you did a great job there too. This is great to see
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-22, 10:53   #28
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
Hey, Iím just catching up with everything on here and this is fantastic! I saw that youíve done the same with subtitling the AoD FMVs and you did a great job there too. This is great to see
Welcome back Ameliorator

Thank you for your thoughtful comment, I appreciate it. All the classic games need subtitles imo. I'm also planning to add subtitles to the TR4 movies as well, but first I'm actually remaking the videos for this project because there's room for improvement
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-22, 12:58   #29
Ameliorator
Student
 
Ameliorator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Welcome back Ameliorator

Thank you for your thoughtful comment, I appreciate it. All the classic games need subtitles imo. I'm also planning to add subtitles to the TR4 movies as well, but first I'm actually remaking the videos for this project because there's room for improvement
Aw thank you haha

I was wondering if you would be doing the rest of the classics but just TR4 is fine by me lol. I always found it strange that the TR2 FMVs donít have any dialogue but I like it. It makes them feel really stylised and it leaves more room for imagination. These Chronicles ones look good but if you think you can make them even better then Iím looking forward to seeing that
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-22, 13:58   #30
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
Aw thank you haha

I was wondering if you would be doing the rest of the classics but just TR4 is fine by me lol. I always found it strange that the TR2 FMVs donít have any dialogue but I like it. It makes them feel really stylised and it leaves more room for imagination. These Chronicles ones look good but if you think you can make them even better then Iím looking forward to seeing that
Actually it's more of a technical update for the TRC videos, visually these won't be different. I'm using a different approach with combining video and audio using a video editor, previously these were combined using the bink converter. The video editor allows me to combine video and audio with more precision which is why I'm re-doing all the videos. I'm also working on the subtitles again so that they sync with the voices even better.

I'm actually happy TR2 has no dialogues because that means less work for me XD But yeah you do have a point about leaving room to imagination
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.