www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-04-21, 21:26   #36261
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Insidious View Post
The last game I just played was the PS3 HD "remaster" of Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator.
OOops I'm currently playing R&C 1 Remaster. Amazing and fun game!
Old 07-04-21, 21:28   #36262
Fantasy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
That's impossible
I only played for two hours or so, so I didn’t get very far. I should probably give it another go because I did enjoy what I played
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 21:59   #36263
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I only played for two hours or so, so I didn’t get very far. I should probably give it another go because I did enjoy what I played
It has an amazing start and then it does go a bit slower, I'd say. If you can make it past those less actioney sections, the game is all yours. So yes, you must absolutely give it a chance. It only gets better and better as you make it further into the mysteries of the world and its inhabitants. There's an emotional side to it too, evoking thoughts and feelings the players don't even know they have. And most important of all, gameplay rules with its many styles and fast-paced action.
Old 08-04-21, 10:16   #36264
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Started playing the original Final Fantasy 7 again. It is the Steam version of the game that I'm using. It has been so long that I forgot what I was doing.The old turn based system is fun. The game has a good sound track that just fits with the game. One thing is for sure, Cloud and Tifa all the way.

Maybe some day in the future I can play the remake. Though I have reservations about the combat system. I should say the characters look good but I hate Tifa's thigh high socks and ugly skirt.
Old 08-04-21, 10:33   #36265
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Started playing the original Final Fantasy 7 again. It is the Steam version of the game that I'm using. It has been so long that I forgot what I was doing.The old turn based system is fun. The game has a good sound track that just fits with the game. One thing is for sure, Cloud and Tifa all the way.

Maybe some day in the future I can play the remake. Though I have reservations about the combat system. I should say the characters look good but I hate Tifa's thigh high socks and ugly skirt.
I've only played the remake and intend to someday try the original, although I do have difficulty going too far back in terms of old games.

For me, it's Cloud and Aerith. I didn't dislike Tifa in the remake but I felt that Cloud was more into Aerith.
Old 12-04-21, 11:42   #36266
killchan
Archaeologist

I just finished Dead Space after years of procrastination and now shiftly moved on to Dead Space 2, now in Chapter 7.

Played on normal with keyboard and mouse these games are pretty easy.
I know for a fact that harder modes are OVERKILL so I'm looking forward to that.
These arsenal and progression system scream replayability.

I didn't like the idea of the silent protagonist in the first game: it felt like a cheap self-insert slot for the player. GG but there's some roughness that got fixed in the sequel.

The second game seems more aware and confident of its potential as an horror TPS. Almost no tasks, way more combat , disturbing moments and enemy types. It has an actual character as protagonist too! I don't like Stross, or in general, the idea of characters that the story wants me to believe they're helpful or even KEY when they're obviously not reliable.

The first game felt too task-driven: you hop off the train, go in there, kill the baddies, complete the (very cool , don't get me wrong) task, hop on another train, leave. It all plays well but the "chapter completed" message as you hop on the next train made me say "Uh? That's it?" more than once, and I don't think that's too good. I think the game made me go through the same areas more than once, but I never really had to pay attention, so I think that nothing was lost in the adoption of the linear structure for DS2.

Last edited by killchan; 12-04-21 at 14:21.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 15:09   #36267
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Kirby Triple Deluxe, homosexual super Mario. It's fun and I love swallowing all those monsters. The levels are a bit too long though.

Oops and Professor Layton, that one with the Miracle Mask. I have solved all puzzles so far but I always implode with the the ones that involve clocks and hours.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 12-04-21 at 15:12.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 17:21   #36268
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Thinking of replaying Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on PC I remember loving that game so much back in the day
Old 13-04-21, 07:16   #36269
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Thinking of replaying Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on PC I remember loving that game so much back in the day
it reminded me a lot of Remember Me: fun combat, trash guided platforming, gimmicky puzzles, good presentation, nice story.
Old 13-04-21, 20:22   #36270
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

20 hours into it and I'm loving it!