www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 06-04-21, 04:59   #1361
ANoDE
Golden

This is gonna be fantastic

My favourite parts are the fixed streched textures on non-square blocks (it just looks soooo much better), the enhanced water effects (baking the torch reflections into the texture was a GENIUS move!) and the added foliage effect. Simply wonderful.
Old 06-04-21, 09:44   #1362
scion05
Tomb Raider

It's looking fantastic. The only thing I would say is unfortunate is the slight loss of colour in some of the textures... TR3 is the most colourful of all the games, and the lighting match with the textures created some incredibly vivid landscapes which I feel is slightly lost here. Otherwise, pretty excellent
Old 07-04-21, 01:17   #1363
JOHN30011887
Student

Looks great, look forward to using it when Tomb3Main happens
Old 07-04-21, 18:12   #1364
GiovanniLucca
Historian

I updated the first page of the thread with the status of the development. Since this information was only on the website of the project (offline now) I thought that would be nice to share here:

STATUS OF THE DEVELOPMENT

I separated the remaster work in three phases:

PHASE 1:
Remake all textures of the level based on the original game's texture. This phase is the most time consuming, because find or create from scratch high resolution textures that is as much close as posible to the original ones is a very hard task to do.

PHASE 2:
Add more details by modifying the level's file. In this phase I can add more foliage on the forests or more geometry to the buildings of the game.

PHASE 3:
Remake all the lighting respecting how real world lighting works, like darkning areas where the light is occluded by something. This was very poorly done in the original game, and by redoing it, you can expect much more imersive levels. This phase is also very time consuming.

Old 07-04-21, 19:34   #1365
Heartache
Professor

looks astounding. great job. cant wait to see more
Old 07-04-21, 21:15   #1366
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
I updated the first page of the thread with the status of the development. Since this information was only on the website of the project (offline now) I thought that would be nice to share here:

STATUS OF THE DEVELOPMENT

I separated the remaster work in three phases:

PHASE 1:
Remake all textures of the level based on the original game's texture. This phase is the most time consuming, because find or create from scratch high resolution textures that is as much close as posible to the original ones is a very hard task to do.

PHASE 2:
Add more details by modifying the level's file. In this phase I can add more foliage on the forests or more geometry to the buildings of the game.

PHASE 3:
Remake all the lighting respecting how real world lighting works, like darkning areas where the light is occluded by something. This was very poorly done in the original game, and by redoing it, you can expect much more imersive levels. This phase is also very time consuming.

Thanks for the update - and thanks for the amazing work that you are doing.
Is your plan to release the remaster in packs still valid? Because I'd love to get my hands on this sooner than later
Old 07-04-21, 23:19   #1367
GiovanniLucca
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Thanks for the update - and thanks for the amazing work that you are doing.
I'm glad to be on board of this crazy ride!
Can't wait for you all to play the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Is your plan to release the remaster in packs still valid? Because I'd love to get my hands on this sooner than later
Yeah!
The remaster will be release by regions: India, Nevada, South Pacific, London, Antarctica.

I was in doubt if I should release a demo only of the Jungle level, to contribute to the Tomb Raider 3's month celebration or wait a little more and release the India levels Pack. So I made a poll on the project's twitter account and for my surprise the diference between the options was very little, so I decided to wait and release as initial planned. When all India Levels are completed.
Old 08-04-21, 09:53   #1368
TombHackR
Golden

I absolutely love these HD textures you have made.

The contrast is just perfect, like others have said it really makes Tomb Raider’s environments look very detailed instead of just wallpapery like with most HD textures. And the colour grading too really makes it ‘feel’ like Tomb Raider 3 .

I cannot wait to play this myself.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote