www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 04-09-19, 01:53   #341
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
What has the forums come to, where people need to clarify these things.
Itís embracing who it is, I suppose.

Tbh, remaking AoD isnít a terrible idea necessarily, but it would be a ballsy one for a studio to take on.
Old 04-09-19, 04:43   #342
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Itís embracing who it is, I suppose.

Tbh, remaking AoD isnít a terrible idea necessarily, but it would be a ballsy one for a studio to take on.
Unfortunately, history has shown that Crystal Dynamics is not a ballsy company.
Old 06-09-19, 23:18   #343
Utopian13
Hobbyist

I am one of the people who REALLY loved AOD for what it was. I loved the mature and dark theme, the soundtrack of the game is the best in the franchise imo and I actually liked the RPG elements that were put into the game. The story was also very good and it is a shame the game was forced to release unfinished and the end did not make much sense. I enjoyed the level design too, although the game certainly needed more tombs and Lara itself was very enjoyable, because in AOD she was a flawed character. The only real issue I've had with the game was Lara's control and movement while aiming as well as few glitches in Kurtis' area (then again, I never played the game in it's initial release so the version I own with steam might be patched).
In theory, I would be okay with the idea, but since I love the game so much, I am afraid what a remake would do to it. I suppose it could be good gameplaywise, but looking at latest trilogy, I am afraid they would water the story down and Lara would not have any flaws or personality at all. I suppose it depends on the company that would make it.
I doubt it would happen tho.
Utopian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 15:57   #344
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

@Utopian13,

a remake/reimagening of AOD wouldnt affect your current version and love of the game. it makes no sense to think that future version would destroy that memory you once had. you can always go back to those versions and enjoy them for what they were. i havent seen the lion kind 2019 because i liked the original one and what ive seen in the trailers and music clips isnt interessting for me. i didnt like IT from the 80s so i saw the remake, both RE 1 and 2 are superior or equally good to the original... so yeah... you get my point.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 23:23   #345
Utopian13
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
@Utopian13,

a remake/reimagening of AOD wouldnt affect your current version and love of the game. it makes no sense to think that future version would destroy that memory you once had. you can always go back to those versions and enjoy them for what they were. i havent seen the lion kind 2019 because i liked the original one and what ive seen in the trailers and music clips isnt interessting for me. i didnt like IT from the 80s so i saw the remake, both RE 1 and 2 are superior or equally good to the original... so yeah... you get my point.
Great point! A remake/reimagining would not affect my love for the current AOD. I am simply a bit cautious. AOD remake would have the potential for a more mature Lara tho.
Utopian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 03:25   #346
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I always have so much fun playing AOD but unfortunately making a remake even remastering this game can't happen either. That being said, maybe there will still be an opportunity to finish with the HD remaster textures since the past 3 years (2016) to begin with. So I believe that was when the HD remaster textures was uploaded into this fan tribute core design site if any of you remember when exactly it started to be on there.