Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-05-18, 21:15   #1
Comemichiamo

Smile Just started the game. Also, bonus question inside

Hey everyone! I just got a PS4 as an early graduation present from my gf, so I immediately bought Rise so I could properly finish the series (I started catching up with all the games chronologically in October 2016).

And, yeah, I'm really loving it! Don't know why so many people here seem to hate the reboot. ANYWAY, question time.

I bought the 20 year edition the one with all DLCs already in. And... when should I start the Baba Yaga stuff? It becomes available pretty early in the story, but I doubt I should do it right now. I just reached the Geothermal Valley now, when should I start the DLC?

Also, I'd really appreciate if your answers were spoiler-free, thanks. Maybe just hint at something that happens in the story after which I should be prepared for the DLC.
Comemichiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 21:50   #2
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comemichiamo View Post
Hey everyone! I just got a PS4 as an early graduation present from my gf, so I immediately bought Rise so I could properly finish the series (I started catching up with all the games chronologically in October 2016).

And, yeah, I'm really loving it! Don't know why so many people here seem to hate the reboot. ANYWAY, question time.

I bought the 20 year edition the one with all DLCs already in. And... when should I start the Baba Yaga stuff? It becomes available pretty early in the story, but I doubt I should do it right now. I just reached the Geothermal Valley now, when should I start the DLC?

Also, I'd really appreciate if your answers were spoiler-free, thanks. Maybe just hint at something that happens in the story after which I should be prepared for the DLC.
You can do it right now and finish the dlc story. But in order to gain all documents you need to comeback after you obtain a certain item in the main game.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 01:25   #3
iWANEX
Golden

Baba Yaga has nothing to do with the main story. Think about it as a secondary task you need to do for the Remnants but longer and with its own narrative. You can do it the first time you encounter the symbol on the map or you can do it at the end of the game. It doesn’t matter.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 07:34   #4
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:

I'd say start it a bit later on when you get more required gear for Lara. Trying to stay spoiler free, but it will make it easier for you and you won't have to keep coming back.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 10:59   #5
witek86

Quote:
when should I start the Baba Yaga stuff? It becomes available pretty early in the story, but I doubt I should do it right now. I just reached the Geothermal Valley now, when should I start the DLC?
I installed the Baba Yaga DLC after completing the main campaign. At one point, I believe the developer borrowed music and some animations from a part of the main campaign you probably haven't played yet, so my advice would be to play it after finishing the game.

I want to avoid spoilers so I won't say more, but I can give you more details on this opinion once you finish the game

Last edited by witek86; 14-05-18 at 11:02.
witek86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 12:34   #6
Yeauxleaux

I did it straight away I think. It's not connected to the main story at all, it's literally just an optional side quest.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 18:56   #7
kathrynnn

I did Baba Yaga after I completed the main game, because I wanted to complete the main story first, but you can do it whenever you like.
kathrynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 19:05   #8
annacroft

You can complete the story element of Baba Yaga completely now if you wish, I love Baba Yaga it was such an amazing DLC! However, if you wish to collect all documents etc, you will only be able to collect them all later on, when you obtain a certain item in the main story. If you try to get all the documents now, it will give you a "Missing Gear" message. Don't worry though, it doesn't take too long at all until get that "Missing Gear"
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 07:39   #9
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
You can complete the story element of Baba Yaga completely now if you wish, I love Baba Yaga it was such an amazing DLC! However, if you wish to collect all documents etc, you will only be able to collect them all later on, when you obtain a certain item in the main story. If you try to get all the documents now, it will give you a "Missing Gear" message. Don't worry though, it doesn't take too long at all until get that "Missing Gear"
I've played Baba Yaga for the first time maye a month ago, and LOVED it to bits
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 14:47   #10
_Seth

I'd recommend playing it immediately after it unlocks as you acquire a lot of XP which will help with the rest of the main game.

Everyone's talking about the missing gear a if it prevents you from accessing a lot of areas. You just won't be able to acquire like two documents, lol. No big deal. The XP injection definitely makes it worth just doing it as early as possible.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote