www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-07-19, 06:50   #61
Evil Doggos
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
Oh, for Christ's sake. I advocate for free speech, you know, like Americans are supposed to be able to do (1st Amendment) and you call me a Nazi.

The truth trumps your feelings. That's it. Giving way to the sentiment of the moment and tossing truth by the wayside is very, very dangerous. Why can't you see that? Original point of this thread, BTW.

I have nothing in common either with Stormfront Nazis, they are nutters like you, just on the other side of the political spectrum. They don't like free speech either, not if they get to be in charge, anyways.

Oooh, #CheckYourPrivilege. What a catchy phrase. Let's all do that, base our political beliefs around catchy phrases, emotional outrage and identity politics. What could go wrong?

Plenty to fear here, from certain elements on the left.

Oh, and FYI, I am NOT a Trump supporter, I didn't vote for him. He's an ass. An ENTERTAINING ass, I'll grant you, but still, an ass. If you look at all my posts about the election and after, all you'll find that I said was in effect it's better to have him flailing about in the presidency than that serpent goddess Hillary Clinton. And IMHO, that is still true.

You are best to just talk to your toilet instead. At least toilets can flush ****.
Old 24-07-19, 08:04   #62
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
He didn't say anything about ideas, he specifically said us as in people as in we don't deserve to live.

You can try to spin it, but he also justified violence against us. There is nothing to clarify as it's all there is plain text.

I wouldn't mind carrying on a conversation about ideals, but I can't participate when someone thinks I don't deserve to live in any context. Especially not with someone who doesn't even have an ounce of compassion and empathy for anyone else, but themselves. Constantly throwing my personal situation at home in my face as if it's something to be proud of.
Lie, simple as that.
I checked and not once did lance say anything down that lie...as usual you cant handle people pushing back and so you lie and smear with personal attacks and vile behaviour.

And you dont even know the word empathy, alone your xenophobic attacks show that, the other personal attacks at users and political figures round up the picture quite nice.

Learn compassion and empathy before trying to tell people they lack something you can not even understand.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 08:09   #63
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Lie, simple as that.
I checked and not once did lance say anything down that lie...as usual you cant handle people pushing back and so you lie and smear with personal attacks and vile behaviour.

And you dont even know the word empathy, alone your xenophobic attacks show that, the other personal attacks at users and political figures round up the picture quite nice.

Learn compassion and empathy before trying to tell people they lack something you can not even understand.
Is this bait?

Yes it is, is it getting tiring, absolutely. You also seem to lack a bit of compassion and self awareness.

You love to carry yourself with this smug and high and mighty attitude. I've seen several other call you out on your superiority act, it's getting old and just not interesting at all.

Where did I lie? I even bolded exactly what was said. But of course you defend it, hell you agree with every bit of it. You always have and always do.

I stand up to wrongs when I see it, several people around here can attest to that. I don't slam people with personal stuff, especially stuff that is very emotional and traumatic like Lance does and proudly boasts about how they don't care.

Don't even try to claim I lack that which is clearly lacking from their posts.
Old 24-07-19, 08:25   #64
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Is this bait?

Yes it is, is it getting tiring, absolutely. You also seem to lack a bit of compassion and self awareness.
Self awareness? No...lack of compassion, sometimes.
But i dont make a illusion about it, not like you.
I dont claim to be super compassionate or empathic when in reality im not.
Do i have empathy for xenophobics, racists? No and i dont see why i should.

I have empathy and compassion for good and decent people no matter the race, color, heritage, sexuality etc...i know that is for you a foreign concept but it is.

Quote:
You love to carry yourself with this smug and high and mighty attitude. I've seen several other call you out on your superiority act, it's getting old and just not interesting at all.
Yeah im getting bored by that too because it never works...because it comes from toxic people like you who just cant handle it when people stand up to their bully tactics.

And yeah, im awesome...dont see why i should think of myself lower than i am.

Quote:
Where did I lie? I even bolded exactly what was said. But of course you defend it, hell you agree with every bit of it. You always have and always do.
You bolded and ripped his post out of context in a vile and disgusting smear attack...but at the same time you let the rest of his post in to see for the people exactly the context and meaning of what you try to twist into a personal attack.

Quote:
I stand up to wrongs when I see it, several people around here can attest to that. I don't slam people with personal stuff, especially stuff that is very emotional and traumatic like Lance does and proudly boasts about how they don't care.

Don't even try to claim I lack that which is clearly lacking from their posts.
You stand up to wrongs when you see it fit and not universally.
As long as it can give you an edge where you can look down on people...that is when you stand up to wrongs.

You see racism when it fits but when it doesnt "Exactly what was racist in what he said again?"
You care about muslim women, unless it is not helping you...then they are for the missinformed sharia law you try to get going.

So yeah, you lack compassion and empathy.

EDIT:
Quote:
Blah blah blah

Boring and more of the same nonsense.

You've made a joke of yourself so many times that not a thing you write I can take seriously.

Call me when you get a better attitude *yawn*
Truly sad to see people having the chance to talk to others worldwide over the internet, and just use it to be mean bullys.
Just pathetic and sad.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 24-07-19 at 08:48.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 08:32   #65
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Blah blah blah

Boring and more of the same nonsense.

You've made a joke of yourself so many times that not a thing you write I can take seriously.

Call me when you get a better attitude *yawn*

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post

EDIT:

Truly sad to see people having the chance to talk to others worldwide over the internet, and just use it to be mean bullys.
Me a bully? Look out folks, here comes the "whah BuLlY" card that Mani Man is quite famous for. Like all those other people you called a bully just because they disagreed with you?

*Yawn* pull a new trick please, this is so tiring.

However what would be considered bullying is your constant personal attacks towards me, but not even I'm that disingenuous to mislable anything like you constantly are good at.

If only I had your expertise in pushing false narratives.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 24-07-19 at 08:40.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 14:42   #66
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
He didn't say anything about ideas, he specifically said us as in people as in we don't deserve to live.

You can try to spin it, but he also justified violence against us. There is nothing to clarify as it's all there is plain text.
Iím not spinning anything. You deliberately didnít bold his entire post in the quote and are trying to pass something off that isnít true.

Like I said, Iím not defending him or agreeing with him, but being honest about what someone says when you claim they attack you is important. This is a lot of whatís wrong with politics today. One side deliberately takes something out of context like you to make the other side look evil, crazy, and/or stupid. Itís ridiculous it happens on both sides. Doing here where it doesnít belong isnít right. Be better than cheap, partisan political attack ads.
Old 24-07-19, 14:47   #67
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
The free speech loonies think they can get away with saying anything without sparking any backlash.
So now I'm a loonie, for wanting people to be able to speak their minds freely... okaaaayyyy.

Insofar as "problems faced by low-income black communities" goes, speaking truthfully, I think you're basically screwed. White people don't really want to help you. Even liberal white people don't, though they love to TALK about helping you.

So, what are you going to do?
Old 24-07-19, 14:55   #68
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
So now I'm a loonie, for wanting people to be able to speak their minds freely... okaaaayyyy.

Insofar as "problems faced by low-income black communities" goes, speaking truthfully, I think you're basically screwed. White people don't really want to help you. Even liberal white people don't, though they love to TALK about helping you.

So, what are you going to do?
It unfortunately goes both ways for both sides.
Thatís why we got one side of crazies who hate the system and wanted to destroy it by voting for Trump and the other side of the field with Bernie and AOC who care about people and want to help them.

Black people voting liberal for years still havenít improved their lives.
Same with all these small town Trump supporter people voting Republican for years and it never made a bit of difference to them. They still live in a small town, with their jobs leaving, and nobody gives a **** it seems.

We just gotta find the right candidates that speak to the people and not the wealthy or their donors.
Old 24-07-19, 18:31   #69
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
We just gotta find the right candidates that speak to the people and not the wealthy or their donors.
In my opinion the entire US democratic system needs a massive overhaul. The US was the first modern democracy, but that means it's pretty outdated by now. They need to start counting the individual votes rather than the states: that way you will no longer have the cockeyed situation were Wyoming with it's less than a million people has the same amount of representation as California with a population and economy the size of France's.
Counting states rather than votes also means a republican living in a democratic state has pretty much no representation whatsoever and vice versa.
I also think they need to allow more parties than just two and let them rule as a coalition. If two parties agree on the same thing there is no room for alternatives.
They also need to have election days on saturdays or sundays so more people show up to vote.

But then again that's never gonna happen because the people who are in charge now got in charge because the current system works fine for them.

As for political correctness: yes it is important to be political correct in many cases, but as always the radicals have taken things too far and pushed them into absurd levels to the point that the backlash has rightfully started. Political correctness should also never go at the cost of factual correctness.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 19:14   #70
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Oooh, #CheckYourPrivilege. What a catchy phrase. Let's all do that, base our political beliefs around catchy phrases, emotional outrage and identity politics. What could go wrong?
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain