Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-12-18, 17:58   #391
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Don't go in guns blazing unless you have the right kind of weapon. Also if you happen to trigger enemies make sure to scramble around like crazy until you find cover to heal, then take out the enemies. They don't take a lot to go down and if your able to aim quickly you can easily pull off head shots. Also put a lot of distance between you and the enemies. I notice that they are less accurate with shooting when they aren't up close. Combat has been surprisingly easy for me.
I know.....that's what everyone is saying about Shadow but I've had the opposite experience! For some reason I struggle way more in this game than I did in the previous two when it comes to encounters. Thanks for the tips.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 21:00   #392
charmedangelin

So I just died in the last combat section after being introduced to the Piranhas. Took a whole hour to get there. I strung the first guy up in the tree, but they saw me stringing the second guy up.

Nope not mad at all.

charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 21:19   #393
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post

Deadly Obsession is (in my opinion) really the way to go here, if you like a fair challenge and can handle a bit of "frustration".
I might have to agree with this statement. I'm currently on my third playthrough (First on DO) and while I'd be lying if I said I haven't been getting frustrated, I'd also be lying if I said this wasn't the most fun in a game I've had in a while. This is as close to a classic experience as it gets. The level of immersion is insane.

My opinion of the game changed on a second playthrough and I think it's improving even more, playing on deadly obsession.

Quote:
Honestly it's not as hard as I imagined it to be. It feels like the perfect challenge for a game like this. Honestly this should be normal mode.

Uhhhh, what? lol Didn't realize you were a masochist, Char
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 21:51   #394
LaraCroftSotTR

Quote:
So I just died in the last combat section after being introduced to the Piranhas. Took a whole hour to get there. I strung the first guy up in the tree, but they saw me stringing the second guy up.

Nope not mad at all.

I died there too. ^^ Everything is easy till a few trinity soldiers spot you while not having a good cover. ^^ Even Thanos showed more mercy. Heroes at least had time to say something when Thanos snapped his fingers. And even then you had a 50% chance of surviving.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 21:54   #395
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
I died there too. ^^ Everything is easy till a few trinity soldiers spot you while not having a good cover. ^^ Even Thanos showed more mercy. Heroes at least had time to say something when Thanos snapped his fingers. And even then you had a 50% chance of surviving.
This is so true, as soon as Lara touched the ground she was lit up like a Christmas tree.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 02:43   #396
Gothlegend

Okay so I've been trying to trek through this disaster of a mode and although I love the game...this is a bit ridiculous in terms of combat, it's amazing. A good challenge for the intermediate encounters. But obstacle wise, it just doesn't lend itself to be as unforgiving as it is given some of the mechanics just not working. I would have preferred somewhat of a tighter checkpoint system just given how the game is structured.
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 09:06   #397
LaraCroftSotTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothlegend View Post
Okay so I've been trying to trek through this disaster of a mode and although I love the game...this is a bit ridiculous in terms of combat, it's amazing. A good challenge for the intermediate encounters. But obstacle wise, it just doesn't lend itself to be as unforgiving as it is given some of the mechanics just not working. I would have preferred somewhat of a tighter checkpoint system just given how the game is structured.
I'm getting more nervous when climbing than shooting too.
Although it happened very, very rarely to me (Lara not doing what she's suppost to do),
I still fear Lara could just fall to her dead - probably out of fatigue.
But it really works kinda similar to those treasure chests in Dark Souls.
You only have to experience it once and you simply don't feel completely safe anymore - and that's somehow really exciting.
(When playing on deadly obsession.)

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 11-12-18 at 09:12.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 00:05   #398
Gothlegend

It definitely makes me realize how accustomed we've become to checkpoints in games. I used to reload the classics at my last save no problem but now, I incidentally have to get used to it again I enjoy the challenge! although frustrating lmao
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 00:25   #399
Lyle Croft

Quote:
It definitely makes me realize how accustomed we've become to checkpoints in games. I used to reload the classics at my last save no problem but now, I incidentally have to get used to it again I enjoy the challenge! although frustrating lmao
I played the classics on PC...so it was save anywhere...none of the silly save crystal stuff!
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 02:05   #400
Legends

Quote:
How brutal the classics were was part of what made them so fun. You had to calculate your every move. All that is gone now and everything is basically done for you.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote