Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-07-19, 20:22   #31
trfan16

Lara's Dream - 9/10 - I'm not usually a fan of flashback segments, but this one was very enjoyable. It was actually nice to be able to play in the Croft Manor in the Reboot universe (still haven't played Blood Ties from Rise yet). Croft Manor looks absolutely stunning. I hate that there's no mode yet where you can freely roam it. But back to Lara's Dream. The library puzzle was a nice puzzle and I enjoyed viewing each of the historical exhibits in the library. On the downside, these type of scenarios are only fun on the first playthrough. But I actually enjoyed the flashback scene and it was a nice break from the main game.

Kuwaq Yaku - 6/10 - I found this to be the most forgettable part of the game. At this point in the game, Jonah is already getting on my nerves. I don't know why, but it feels like he's always babysitting Lara in this game. And I actually liked him in the previous two games. Luckily, you get to ditch him once you enter the town part. The reason why I gave this level a low score is because I'm a little tired of the shantytown looking hubs in the game. The town portion felt boring with nothing to do. I did enjoy the Path of the Living part of the level at least. And the ending parts of the level where the Trinity soldiers are killed by a mysterious force was pretty unsettling as well. Would've liked this area better if it wasn't for the town portion.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 21:16   #32
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
Lara's Dream...On the downside, these type of scenarios are only fun on the first playthrough.
Well, you can always amuse yourself once you get to the puzzle room by arranging the chess pieces into interesting patterns.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 22:10   #33
veigafd

Lara's dream - 5 - No replay value whatsoever, and it's as linear as it can be.
Kuwaq yaku - 9 - What breaks for me is the lack of gameplay in the village itself, where it's just artificial gameplay features, like documents and relics scattered around a big empty area, that just looks pretty, and that's it. And as I say, the game shines when you are free to do what you want, specially find the tombs.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 06:43   #34
BlackWolftr

Cozumel 9/10 cool colorful level. Only at the beginning Lara went so slowly that I got irritated. It was also nice to jump over the girders.

Peruvian jungle 10/10 I really liked this wilderness. No civilization, full of panthers and nice views.

Laras dream 7/10 The mansion is beautiful but very linear.

Kuwaq Yaku 7/10 A big level where nothing happens. But I liked the village so much that I increased my rating.

Trial of the eagle 8/10 Very arcade level. But I like it there.

Paititi 9/10 The largest level in reboot history. It is full of optional quests from residents. Most relies on: bring this and that.

Belly of the serpent 4/10 A short level with one puzzle

Temple in Mountains 6/10An ordinary shooter and that's it.

Cenote 10/10 A good level that is spooky. It's full of strange sounds and those yaaxil.

Oil refinery 9/10 Very fiery level.

San Juan 10/10 Its my favorite level. It has a great atmosphere and is interesting.

City of the serpent 10/10 I love this level.

Last edited by BlackWolftr; 06-07-19 at 14:11.
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 13:23   #35
Chamayoo

Thanks all for reviewing and voting.

Now it's time to vote for Trial of the Eagle and the Hidden City (Paititi)

Poll n°3 - Trial of the Eagle & Hidden City >> VOTE <<
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 12:32   #36
Chamayoo

I'm sorry to post twice in a row.

The fourth poll is open.
You could vote for Belly of the Serpent and Mountain Temple >> Right now <<

The previous polls are still open :

1. Cozumel
2. Peruvian Jungle

3. Lara's Dream
4. Kuwaq Yaku

5. Trial of the Eagle
6. The Hidden City (Paititi)
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 05:21   #37
Prinz Eugen

Cozumel 10/10

Peruvian Jungle 10/10

Lara’s Dream 5/10

Kuwaq Yaku 6/10

Trial of the Eagle 8/10

Paititi 7/10

Belly of the Serpent 6/10

Mountain Temple 7/10

Cenote 10/10

Oil Refinery 9/10

San Juan 8/10

City of the Serpent 8/10

From my voting it is clear that I like the more open levels, where you explore, alone, just you and your surroundings, away from civilization, with Peruvian Jungle being one of my favourites. San Juan is also a nice place though
Prinz Eugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 20:13   #38
tachyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
Lara's Dream - 9/10 - I'm not usually a fan of flashback segments, but this one was very enjoyable. It was actually nice to be able to play in the Croft Manor in the Reboot universe (still haven't played Blood Ties from Rise yet). Croft Manor looks absolutely stunning. I hate that there's no mode yet where you can freely roam it. But back to Lara's Dream. The library puzzle was a nice puzzle and I enjoyed viewing each of the historical exhibits in the library. On the downside, these type of scenarios are only fun on the first playthrough. But I actually enjoyed the flashback scene and it was a nice break from the main game.
I loved it as well. It is supposed to be a dream, and therefore, had it been any longer, the grown up Lara would need to be in a coma, on life support, for the duration.

I wish there would be a full-fledged game with the adorable little Lara. Honestly, ever since the reboot I've found the TR games to be too intense for my tastes, with truly gut wrenching death scenes. Bad enough to be killed by wild animals, but to be eaten alive ... shudder.
tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote