www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 14-04-19, 05:41   #2141
turneraider
Historian

^

When you select the portal, make sure that the open curtain button is pressed at the top of the editor. That should allow Lara to pass through it, and Add should be the right setting to make the texture transparent..

Hope that helped.
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 10:28   #2142
Matie
Professor

Ah, you mean Toggle Opacity 2 (textured and traversable)? It is pressed, but Lara still can't go through the portal, it looks like as if there was no waterroom below those non-transparent water textures at all, even though it looks okay and transparent in the editor.

Edit: oh, this is weird, water or no water, this 1 click deep room underneath just doesn't work, in-game it's like as if it was not even there at all.

Last edited by Matie; 14-04-19 at 10:36.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 11:17   #2143
turneraider
Historian

Hmm.. That's weird, check your level settings? See if the paths are correct?
Old 14-04-19, 11:35   #2144
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

^ honestly paths has nothing to do with portals not working properly with no collision
Looks like a TE issue, better show it to Monty so that he can investigate that

Last edited by LoreRaider; 14-04-19 at 11:36.
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 11:38   #2145
Dustie
Relic Hunter

How did you set it up?

I have shallow ponds like that where triangles "meet" and it works, but maybe yours is a borderline case considering the portal only consists of triangles.

When setting this up I always create upper geometry first, then I create a plain room below and create a door to make sure TE creates a correct opening, taking upper room's floor geometry into account. Once connection is correct, I shape the room below.
Dustie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 11:54   #2146
turneraider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
^ honestly paths has nothing to do with portals not working properly with no collision
Looks like a TE issue, better show it to Monty so that he can investigate that
Yeah I know that, I just thought that maybe she was outputting the level in the wrong place or something :P
Old 14-04-19, 12:00   #2147
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Try the following:

Preparation before adding a new water room -
0. Clear any portals that might still be connected to the square you are trying to create a new room under
2. Flatten the floor section (I notice the ground is uneven)

3. Now, use the axe icon on the desired square. This should automatically create a portal connecting the new room to one above.
4. Select the new room and from the dropdown menu on the left, choose 'water'
5. Staying in 3D view, click on the water room square and choose toggle opacity 2 (the curtain icon mentioned above)
6. Go into Face Edit or Lighting view, select a water texture and before applying, use the double sided icon and 'Add' from the dropdown menu in the texture panel for transparency.
7. With the pencil or paint icon, apply the texture selected in the panel
8. If you didn't already at step 4, At this point you might want to add glow or movement effects for the water, this can be found in the dropdown menu next to ambient light.

As Dustie said, I find it easier to alter room shapes after connecting rooms. Its a bit dicey when you try to connect rooms with uneven floors or ceilings. The flatten floor option is ideal for this. Doesn't take long to reshape as desired afterwards.

Last edited by Reggie; 14-04-19 at 13:09.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 13:03   #2148
Matie
Professor

Ah, it's working now! The solution was rather simple, for some strange reason "force solid floor" was applied on those squares. It became suspicious when not even a simple 4 clicks box room would work with a flat surface. I think it happened during the map conversion, I loaded the first save from right after the conversion and the floor already had that attribute. Oh well, it's fixed, all is well

Thank you so much for all your help It's going to come in handy when creating portals to waterrooms and such.
Old 16-04-19, 04:58   #2149
Tjw croft
Archaeologist

Location: Atlantean Incubator Egg; Pre-Hatching Sequence Initiated

So I'm probably being an idiot, and I'm swinging into this blind, but I seem to be unable to actually test my levels. When I build and play, instead of going into the level like it did the very first couple of times when I was messing around, now it's going to the main menu, and upon entering the level select page of the main menu, everything says "MISSING". There is also no music playing in the title flyby. I don't know what I did wrong. Could someone help me?

Edit: Oh! And upon trying to load a missing level, the game crashes. That part doesn't surprise me though.

Last edited by Tjw croft; 16-04-19 at 05:00.
Tjw croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 05:42   #2150
Boobandie
Professor

Check that the path and names of the level file are correct under the Level Settings. It may be outputting to the wrong folder.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote