www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 15-04-19, 22:33   #301
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

If Alicia's calling the shots maybe she should give her bud Alex Garland a call to direct.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 22:58   #302
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

If Alicia has some degree of control and wanted to film in Greenland and Iceland like she previously said she may know were the franchise will be mapped out in future instalments. I wouldn't mind a Himalayan adventure.

One thing I hope for sure is that Tomb Raider 2 will release in 2021 and showcase everything that 25 years of the franchise has encapsulated.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 15-04-19 at 23:18.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 23:20   #303
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I want this look and this attitude

https://twitter.com/caroldenvrs/stat...85377430376448

I think the dates could be:
-The end of this year they announce director.
-In 2020 they record the movie
-2021 premiere

But everything depends on many things. Roar Uthaug came on board in November 2015 and film began to film on January 23, 2017 (He had 13 months of preproduction). Although they say that the movie worked when Alicia arrived. She was confirmed in April 2016. Then the film had 8 months of preproduction since she arrived.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 15-04-19 at 23:33.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 23:34   #304
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I do hope we see some iconography mainly the duals at some point but I can take or leave the braid. I'd like to see Lara in a kick ass winter outfit if they go down the snowy location route. I'd kill to see her in a brown leather and fur fitted bomber jacket.

I wonder if they're going to have a bit of a time gap between films nothin so drastic that it's unrealistic but Alicia is officially now older than Angelina was in both films. Pretty ironic considering most reviews of the first were touting her as the "young Lara" before she turned into Jolie's character.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 15-04-19 at 23:58.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 00:07   #305
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I hope better marketing: a better poster and i want the trailer music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L-rQSVo8X8

The beginning is perfect to show a trailer full of mystery and epic
Old 16-04-19, 01:20   #306
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I hope better marketing: a better poster and i want the trailer music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L-rQSVo8X8

The beginning is perfect to show a trailer full of mystery and epic
I said it once, I'll say it again: Junkie XL absolutely needs to be back to score the sequel!

I cannot stress how great the OST of this movie was and how shameful it is that you mostly cannot properly hear it during the movie!
Old 16-04-19, 02:14   #307
Ellioft
Professor

Some things give me hope about how the thing are gonna work out for the development :

Alicia have seen the final cut of the movie in theaters so she can fixes some of the problems the first film seems to have for her and not make the same mistakes in the sequel.

Alicia seems to have a lot of creative control and a lot of actors relashionship build around her (like Kristen Scott Thomas)

Graham King was already thinking about some continuations for the story so we are gonna have something coherant and maybe he have read the critics and try to have something more supernatural and surprising.
Old 16-04-19, 03:24   #308
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I want this look and this attitude

https://twitter.com/caroldenvrs/stat...85377430376448

I think the dates could be:
-The end of this year they announce director.
-In 2020 they record the movie
-2021 premiere

But everything depends on many things. Roar Uthaug came on board in November 2015 and film began to film on January 23, 2017 (He had 13 months of preproduction). Although they say that the movie worked when Alicia arrived. She was confirmed in April 2016. Then the film had 8 months of preproduction since she arrived.
I agree with those looks because they created something new, particularly the first pic of her with the Jeep behind her.

It homages the entire canon (games, COMICS and movies) and the mix and match created a great look, it actually puts the casual clothes in the rebooted games to shame and it's so simple: statement black leather jacket, simple white tee, great fitting pants, heeled chunky boots and the best accessory: a braid.

That braid suits her more than the hair banded one where she's holding the double guns IMO.

It's also a credit to Vikander that pulling that look screams Lara Croft even though so many heroines on TV and in film wear leather biker jackets, there's no doubt your looking at Lara Croft.

These are comic book looks that would be Vikander friendly (they were drawn with an olive tanned Lara which Vikander is):

I like her natural no makeup look (can't properly sweat with makeup) but I'd love to see her costume be extra. I want that bum length braid, statement high adventuring boots, the armouring on her pants to protect her knees etc.

It truly is the silhouette that makes a look Lara Croft and it's seen by how other people dress as what they feel is a Lara Croft costume even like that skater:

The cut of the top, the type of Pants all there etc. It's just that quintessential Croft style.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 16-04-19 at 03:36.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 05:49   #309
laracroftswest
Professor

^ I definitely think comic book Lara is a great aesthetic to work from, in both looks and personality. I would like to see her style with a touch of more color though

Seeing all the discussion here has me so excited. I'm still in shock we're getting a sequel, and to have Alicia play such a big part in its development has me even more thrilled.

Also as GeekOfComedy noted, Alex Garland would be an insanely interesting choice for a director. He would really know how to pull off the weird/supernatural elements that make Tomb Raider special. Now, give him a budget to work off of to shoot in some interesting locales and I think we'd have a great film

I'm still interested to see what Ben could do with a budget too though.
laracroftswest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 09:01   #310
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Andy Park Lara Croft Comics had the best looks. It would be amazing if Alicia took her as a reference.

Alex Garland is amazing choice! Anniquilation have a great scene similar a TR1 with Lara and the dopplenganger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdeD_-d0M28

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 16-04-19 at 09:04.