www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-04-19, 19:01   #311
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I'm gonna call it now:

With the end of the reboot trilogy over and the GP's response to Lara's ugly outfits and seeming desire for "true" Lara's return, SE will announce LAU remastered for PS4/X1. They will do this because they think LAU Lara is classic Lara or close enough, they'll do it for a quick quid, and to test the waters on how the GP respond.
I would be absolutely outraged if they did something like that while skimping over classic TR. That would be one of the worst things they could possibly do. For the first time in my life I might actually not buy those, the last thing I want to do is show more support for PlaySkool Tomb Raider when we've been begging for classic remasters for so long, and LAU are still very much playable now.

I don't think they'd do that though, LAU is the worst selling era of the franchise.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 15-04-19 at 19:16.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 19:11   #312
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
They might release both at separate times of the year and compare sales. If LAU succeeds then we might get another TR for toddlers, as per LAU's style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I'm sure they'll want to remaster the reboot trilogy for the next gen at first .
have they ever even talked about a 123 re-master?
Old 15-04-19, 20:34   #313
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

OMG I think describing LAU as TR for toddlers is the most honest and accurate description of the era ever. Seriously I'm not even joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I would be absolutely outraged if they did something like that while skimping over classic TR. That would be one of the worst things they could possibly do. For the first time in my life I might actually not buy those, the last thing I want to do is show more support for PlaySkool Tomb Raider when we've been begging for classic remasters for so long, and LAU are still very much playable now.

I don't think they'd do that though, LAU is the worst selling era of the franchise.
This is absolutely how I feel about it. LAU are still easily accessible, as well as cheap. If they were to remaster those games without giving actual classic TR some love I'd flip my ****. If LAU remasters were to ever happen I just hope CD would finally get some damn sense and at least make TRA's graphics on par with TRL on 360. How that game has no normal maps is absolutely baffling and lazy tbh.
Old 15-04-19, 20:36   #314
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
OMG I think describing LAU as TR for toddlers is the most honest and accurate description of the era ever. Seriously I'm not even joking.

This is absolutely how I feel about it. LAU are still easily accessible, as well as cheap. If they were to remaster those games without giving actual classic TR some love I'd flip my ****. If LAU remasters were to ever happen I just hope CD would finally get some damn sense and at least make TRA's graphics on par with TRL on 360. How that game has no normal maps is absolutely baffling and lazy tbh.
At least it doesnt have the glorified key dangling set-pieces all the time.

I suppose a LAU remaster would be nice, I just hope they come to PC if the version of Underworld included has the DLC since PC/PS3 players like me were never able to play it.

Last edited by Samz; 15-04-19 at 20:37.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 21:41   #315
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
At least it doesnt have the glorified key dangling set-pieces all the time.

I suppose a LAU remaster would be nice, I just hope they come to PC if the version of Underworld included has the DLC since PC/PS3 players like me were never able to play it.
Beneath the Ashes is better than all of LAU combined imo. Nothing grand or anything, but it felt a lot more like classic TR with the isolation, traversal paths, and a pretty good puzzle. All things considered with the simplified traversal anyway.
Old 15-04-19, 22:47   #316
Swiz19
Explorer

Considering how far Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics have ran from LAU, I doubt they will ever remaster those games or even bring any of those skins to Shadow/future games. They really distanced themselves from LAU with the reboot to the point that the series was almost unrecognisable.

I like LAU, if they remaster it I won't be upset. I probably won't buy it because the games have aged perfectly fine IMO, but still I won't be grumpy. I see them remastering the classics before anything else.

In saying all this; please please please let Tomb Raider progress finally. I'm sick of origin stories. I'm sick of remakes (pls no TR1 again). I'm completely done with the past 13 years of mummy daddy issues - 18 if you count the Tomb Raider 1 film. I'm over features being taken away just to be resold as 'new' on a later game such as swimming, grapple hooking, etc. Lets just... get a new story, get a new Lara, and make something different and adventurous. There is so much stories to be told from ancient history and mythology that I'm surprised they just haven't devoted all their focus on it thus far.

Last edited by Swiz19; 15-04-19 at 22:48.
Swiz19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 05:51   #317
veigafd
Archaeologist

I want so bad a game where Lara has gadgets to use,binoculars, flares,dynamites, they could implement the crafting system in her backpack like Tlou does. But make the supplies extremely hard to find and restrict the backpack spaces in a way that you need to think about what you can take instead of just press Action button and take 50/50 imaginary arrows

Last edited by veigafd; 16-04-19 at 05:52.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 06:29   #318
_Seth
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
I want so bad a game where Lara has gadgets to use,binoculars, flares,dynamites, they could implement the crafting system in her backpack like Tlou does. But make the supplies extremely hard to find and restrict the backpack spaces in a way that you need to think about what you can take instead of just press Action button and take 50/50 imaginary arrows
No thanks. I don't think anyone ever used the binoculars when Lara's had them apart from the two mandatory times in TR4, and I don't want any boring menu inventory space management.
Old 16-04-19, 08:11   #319
FanosCroft
Professor

Yesterday.
Old 16-04-19, 08:57   #320
killchan
Historian

Quote:
No thanks. I don't think anyone ever used the binoculars when Lara's had them apart from the two mandatory times in TR4,
It'd be cool if the game was designed in such a way.

with binoculars at the player's disposal, level designers will be free to create a more challenging map instead of the deceivingly linear traversal we've been getting since LAU.