Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 01-03-19, 16:01   #71
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
It was quite dumb of the aliens to invade a planet that is two thirds water and they would be if it rained or there was a tsunami so much for intelligent life on other planets, I predict that after the aliens were defeated sales of water pistols and garden hoses and water cannons rose significantly just in case they came back, or you could just dig a massive ditch around the house and fill it with water, just line the bottom and sides of the ditch with cement so the water won't be absorbed by the earth.
Or spit in their face...

Though probably the humidity in the air would kill them as soon as they step into earth's atmosphere. Yeah, that was truly one of the dumbest things ever in a movie, and that says a lot.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 18:51   #72
Cat Woman

Default Chucky Movies

Not sure if these were popular or unpopular, but could not sit through them.

Child’s Play (CHUCKY) A horror franchise cantered on a series of 7 films by Don Mancini.

Child’s Play, Child’s Play 2 and 3, Bride of Chucky, Seed of Chucky, Curse of Chucky, and Cult of Chucky.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 02:18   #73
TrustyBow

Power Rangers (2017). I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I get the whole cringey teen angst complaints but I thought it made their characters interesting. The action was super short but it was entertaining.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 16:21   #74
Cat Woman

All The Planet of The Apes movies. I really liked them, but some of my friends thought they were boring.
Old 04-03-19, 14:35   #75
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
All The Planet of The Apes movies. I really liked them, but some of my friends thought they were boring.
YES! They're so good

Well, Conquest and Tim Burton's are both a little boring and War wasn't nearly as good as Rise and Dawn but oh my gosh when I gave the series a chance a couple years ago it changed my life
It's such a fascinating study in humanity and I'm crossing my fingers for a fourth in the Reboot series

(I agree with the Chucky series too! They can be sort of hit-or-miss but I loved the first two Child's Play movies and always catch the new ones when they come out. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming reboot where he's more of a killer robot instead of possessed by a serial killer though I'm really going to miss Brad Dourif's hilarious voice )
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 14:44   #76
johnanonymouz

Catwoman 2004
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 14:57   #77
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
It was quite dumb of the aliens to invade a planet that is two thirds water and they would be if it rained or there was a tsunami so much for intelligent life on other planets, I predict that after the aliens were defeated sales of water pistols and garden hoses and water cannons rose significantly just in case they came back, or you could just dig a massive ditch around the house and fill it with water, just line the bottom and sides of the ditch with cement so the water won't be absorbed by the earth.
Honestly I didn't even care about that aspect much when I watched it. Now that I know how much people were bothered by this I guess I can say they have a point.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:06   #78
DragonSlayer

Independence Day Resurgence, the first time I saw it I didn't really like it, I watched it again a few days ago and it's not as bad as I remember sure it's not as good as the first movie but it's good nonetheless.

The new mothership looks like compared to the mothership from the war of 96, I wish they had kept the original design of the alien ships while updating them a little bit instead of drastically changing the appearance of the ships.

The reason why I didn't really like it the first time was because I was watching a poor quality download that was mostly dark in some scenes, I couldn't find a better quality download at the time.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 20:09   #79
Cat Woman

Another one was Mysterious Island. The stop motion monsters are magnificent, especially the giant bees. . (Based loosely on the 1874 novel by Jules Verne.)
Old 05-03-19, 20:17   #80
Blackmoor

Titanic - It was good in its day and is still a guilty pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
Alien 3 (Assembly Cut, that is). It went back to the horror roots of the original after Aliens turned the series into an action/war film. It's sick and depressing and it's got the second most beautiful aesthetics from the series and a powerful ending. I rate it above Aliens.
Alien 3 is a great film and underrated by some.

If they made just a few tweaks to it, it'd have overshadowed Aliens imo. They needed to flesh out the prison system a bit more I think, that's where it falls over - I don't care about most of those criminals. Despite that, it's still a good film.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote