www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-07-22, 13:59   #1401
UroshUchiha
Explorer

I have not replayed AOD in hmm 3 years now I think? So my next playthrough is going to be glorious!
The video for v1.2.0 is absolutely jaw-dropping! Especially the water improvements! I love love love the change. Water always felt so gelatinous in AOD, giving me Creeper World vibes. Now it looks so good.

I can't quite figure out what visually changed in 5:04 section. I think the graffiti, road signs and map look sharper now?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-22, 14:32   #1402
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I can't quite figure out what visually changed in 5:04 section. I think the graffiti, road signs and map look sharper now?
The tree in that shot sways slightly now.

Before, many of the trees around Parisian Ghetto weren't using the animations made for them, so they were completely static. You might've noticed the ones around Cafe Metro swaying occasionally, then becoming static after you left.

All of those issues are now fixed.
Old 25-07-22, 15:09   #1403
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

This game is looking closer and closer to what was intended. Especially when you look at screenshots on the back of the box and see some of the missing content there.

I wonder if one day someone will be able to make an AOD level editor so that people can restore the cut levels from AOD as well some day.
Old 28-07-22, 23:56   #1404
KIKO
Relic Hunter

I had the chance to play AOD again and made a few more notes

Margot Carvier's Apartment
- The escape cutscene triggered and I could hear Lara open the door at the same time she was approaching the window. Perhaps moving the cutscene trigger a bit forward could fix this?
- I like that you added a deleted item. What a nice surprise.
- The cutscene skip is the best. So thank you so much for that!!!

Parisian Ghetto
- The transition between the abandoned train area and Janice's area was pretty awkward.
- I would suggest adding the line "This door is locked, I'll need a key" to the stage entrance door and the garage door. That should give the player something to remember later when they get the key from Bernard or Pierre.
- I would move the pawnshop door to the door next to the staircase if you can, for the same reasons you moved the stage entrance door.

Rennes Pawnshop
- I love that you added the option to buy an MV-9 or ammo. A nice reward for exploring and finding items to pawn.
- I think there should be a different sound when trying to buy the weapon when you have no money.
- When Lara doesn't have enough money to purchase the MV-9 or anything to pawn she should say "possibly both but not right now" and then "come back when you have something to trade"

Willotree's Herbalist
- Even though he gives a clue about the Doorman, what do you think of placing a health item somewhere on the floor? Could make this area a bit more worthwhile, especially for the veterans.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 18:52   #1405
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Hey @reborninshadows

Are there any updates you could share with us about next release?
Iím still looking forward for it
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 02:43   #1406
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsecolo View Post
Hey @reborninshadows

Are there any updates you could share with us about next release?
Iím still looking forward for it
No ETA right now on the next release, but there's a lot cool stuff going in that you guys will enjoy for sure.

I know the wait can be excruciating, but just trust me when I say it will be worth it.
Old 04-08-22, 14:15   #1407
CroftRaider89
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
No ETA right now on the next release, but there's a lot cool stuff going in that you guys will enjoy for sure.

I know the wait can be excruciating, but just trust me when I say it will be worth it.
Hello, I'm a French fan of Tomb Raider and I have a question about Angel of Darkness : I seen that Vector-R35 will have new textures in the inventary, like USP Heckler and Koch Match in Legend, Underworld and the two Angelina Jolie's movies. When these modifications will are available, please ?
CroftRaider89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 01:44   #1408
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftRaider89 View Post
Hello, I'm a French fan of Tomb Raider and I have a question about Angel of Darkness : I seen that Vector-R35 will have new textures in the inventary, like USP Heckler and Koch Match in Legend, Underworld and the two Angelina Jolie's movies. When these modifications will are available, please ?
Those are actually part of a separate upcoming project, TRJTA's Definitive Edition project, which will incorporate this mod (Restoration Project) into it as well. It will basically be an "Ultimate Edition" for AOD.

The texture replacements you're referring to here will be released in that project, as well as many other high resolution texture replacements across the game that are also vanilla-friendly.

Hope that answers your question!