www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-08-22, 11:27   #61
.snake.
Professor

Amnesia is one of my favorite games ever, and you've really nailed it. Honestly Sabatu, I would say your skills here are honestly wasted in just making it a small chapter of TR5 Ireland.

I think you could really go all out and make an Amnesia-demake TR game. Would be brilliant.

But if you are going to use some areas from Amnesia as inspiration for TR5 Ireland, then I would personally suggest sticking to the more ruined and crumbling parts of the castle (instead of the fancy pretty parts) since the island in TR5 is more abandoned and haunted.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 14:35   #62
Sabatu
Archaeologist

Don't worry, I ripped the textured must for Lara in the amnesia project but I will make a single level for tr5 too
Old 04-08-22, 17:20   #63
Tulilintu
Archaeologist

Thanks for the comments to my post, Sabatu!

Oh, one more thing that I've always hated in Chronicles: the hydras and that there're three of them side by side. It takes 127 hours to kill them even with the right strategy (changing from hydra to hydra depending on the fire in mouth, not just shooting blindly with pistols doing sideways jumps). I loved TombRaider95's Biohazard, but he had made the hydras even more unkillable in it. I really liked what Titak had done in MoA: put only one freaking hydra in the dungeons.
Tulilintu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 19:18   #64
AgentXP
Professor

Love the PS1 creepy house vibes here! Great work as always
Old 05-08-22, 22:09   #65
VenomSnakeAlex
Hobbyist

Excellent rethinking of tomb rider 5 levels I hope to see the release of the game in the future, art and gameplay of the level in Russia in the submarine dock, very interesting and not usually beautiful from the design logic, it’s already scary to imagine what levels VCI , they will be in your performance, I remember what test in 1 parts especially the level before the last one was difficult, but it was very interesting, I will wait for something like that ))
VenomSnakeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 15:53   #66
myckwill
Hobbyist

I generally do not post here, I'm more of a spectator.
But, if I may give my opinion:
I absolutely LOVED the architecture on your TR1. Everything about it was to die for. Gorgeous!

The only "issue" that I had with it, is that I found it to be too maze-y.
Maybe it was a deliberate decision, as Lara's moveset is not big on TR1. But, I cannot help to wonder how the amplitude of moves that she has on TR5 would impact the level design. I'm not a fan of having to wonder around for way too long, to find the solution to a puzzle, or a lever.

Anyway. Hope you don't take this the wrong way. And, it's your game and decision afterall. Haha

Thanks for letting us give our opinion
myckwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54   #67
Sabatu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckwill View Post
I generally do not post here, I'm more of a spectator.
But, if I may give my opinion:
I absolutely LOVED the architecture on your TR1. Everything about it was to die for. Gorgeous!

The only "issue" that I had with it, is that I found it to be too maze-y.
Maybe it was a deliberate decision, as Lara's moveset is not big on TR1. But, I cannot help to wonder how the amplitude of moves that she has on TR5 would impact the level design. I'm not a fan of having to wonder around for way too long, to find the solution to a puzzle, or a lever.

Anyway. Hope you don't take this the wrong way. And, it's your game and decision afterall. Haha

Thanks for letting us give our opinion
Thank you, well if you mean vertical areas, there won't be much vertical areas except maybe VCI since it's a skyscraper.