www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 20:05   #11521
TankGirl
Historian

I get it that you can play them on pc but as a console player itís just much more convenient and less time consuming to just play them on a ps4/5/xbox/whatever.

I actually dusted off my ps3 to play TR3 and it was so extra pixelated you couldnít play without flares or messing with the tv brightness.
While i can literally play the original resident evil, tekken 2 and ape escape just fine on my ps5, even having the option to modify the screen filters making the game look better on a modern tv.
Its just seems weird how games like tekken 2 and ape escape, which theyíre safe to say to be niche games, are available to play on a modern platforms but classics such as tomb raider arenít.

Its even more annoying considering they ported them on iPhones before, if they did it for a cellphone i donít get how hard it is to port it anywhere else. Save me the excuse that the classic are ďhard to portĒ i can literally play TR96 on my iPhone browser and letís not mention how some people made it ran on a gameboy advance(!!!!!).
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:10   #11522
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Ironically, they used the android ports as a rationale for not porting the classic because they didn't sell well... Well, no **** Sherlock because they played like ass on android. The screen was more buttons than game. A game that requires precision movement like TR cannot be played on a touch screen and that shouldnt have been the yardstick with which to measure success.
Old Yesterday, 20:15   #11523
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The PSone versions of classic TR are borderline unplayable on modern larger TVS. I tried playing TR2 on my PS3 and it was just a bunch of blurs.
I've seen people say that too but I like to pretend this is as good as it can look to make myself feel less desperate
Old Yesterday, 22:21   #11524
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
I've seen people say that too but I like to pretend this is as good as it can look to make myself feel less desperate
That's admirable, but I want better for you
Old Today, 20:29   #11525
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Honestly the more I look at the TR25 stuff and their constant tweeting with fan arts of classic Lara and screen shots of reboot Lara, I just have to believe that script was scrapped.

They have done a lot of work, especially teasing the new logo, for them to suddenly throw all that work away at reestablishing TRs branding to produce something that nobody clearly wants.