Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 01-08-22, 18:40   #15391
Richard_trle

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Ah that may be the case, i've been meaning to test it on other objects (like switches being moved between rooms)

Regarding the trapdoor, it's placed in the lower room? It shouldn't flicker as long as it's placed in the room where it opens into.
When I place it in the lower room Lara is unable to stand on it
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 19:19   #15392
TimJ

Maybe try to put a dummy trigger?
TimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 09:20   #15393
LoreRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
When I place it in the lower room Lara is unable to stand on it
For sure you have some rooms height problems, whenever a trapdoor has no collision (or even randomly crashes the game) it means that one of the two rooms has either the floor too deep or the ceiling too tall compared to the portal

To make sure, just untick "Draw all rooms" to see the single room and check that out, otherwise you can see if floor/ceiling height values match between the two rooms (you can see them at the bottom of TE)
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 18:56   #15394
YumaS2Astral

Is there a way to force Lara to switch ammo in a certain weapon?

I am asking that because, a couple of days ago, I have asked if it was possible to add a new weapon when you have already filled all your weapon slots.

After a couple of days, and after analyzing what NateH96 has done on its TR1 and TR2 conversion projects, I think I have finally discovered a method that allows me to force Lara to equip a weapon, while "disguising" that weapon as another weapon, thus effectively allowing me to create more weapon slots:

Using the trigger $2000,53,$000A, I force Lara to draw the weapon she has currently selected. Using the trigger $2000,246,$0607 and $2000,246,$0606, I force Lara to have the currently selected weapon be the crossbow.

There is also the trigger $2000,340,$4C04, which is a bit more complicated to explain. It swaps CROSSBOW_ANIM's meshes with ANIMATING16_MIP's meshes. ANIMATING16_MIP in my game is actually the GRENADE_GUN_ANIM imported to that slot. This means I am effectivelly switching the crossbow animation's meshes with those of the grenade gun.

There are also a script line that makes Lara unable to switch ammo when selecting the crossbow in the rotating menu: Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_CROSSBOW, CINV_FACTION_CONFIRM, CINV_ACTION_EQUIP, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_ACTION_CHOOSE_AMMO, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FACTION_DISABLE, IGNORE, IGNORE

The result in-game is that I have Lara visually holding the grenade gun, but it is actually the crossbow, and it shoots bows (Crossbow's projectiles). This disguised crossbow is shooting the ammo 2 from crossbow (Poison Ammo) as opposed to the ammo 1 (Regular Ammo). Lara cannot switch either ammo, and they will have different properties (e.g. damage done, for example)

There is an issue, however.

I also want to use the actual crossbow in-game, with its ammo 1 loaded. The issue is, I don't know how to force Lara to load the ammo 1 from crossbow when selecting the actual crossbow, or load the ammo 2 when selecting the grenade gun.

This means that if I already, for example, selected the ammo 1 from crossbow, and then I attempt to select the grenade gun, I will have Lara visually holding a grenade gun, but shooting ammo 1 (which is meant to be the crossbow ammo).

I don't want this. I want to force Lara to switch ammo when selecting either weapons. In short, I want to force Lara to switch ammo whenever she selects what is essentially the same weapon, but activated with different commands.

I know this is possible because NateH96 did this on its projects, but analyzing the code, I don't seem to find what trigger he used to force switching ammo.

Is there a way to do this?
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 20:37   #15395
justin

Aky's first plugin has a flipeffect to Load a specific ammo into the crossbow (508), hopefully that is what you are looking for
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 03:19   #15396
YumaS2Astral

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Aky's first plugin has a flipeffect to Load a specific ammo into the crossbow (508), hopefully that is what you are looking for
I've look into the plugin, and indeed, it exists, thanks for the recommendation!

There is an issue, however. Even after installing the plugin, for some reason, I can't see this flipeffect option in the list of flipeffects.

This may have to do with the fact I am using Tomb Editor... Maybe I need to try to ask in the Tomb Editor forum, what is the issue?
Old 05-08-22, 12:29   #15397
justin

Ah, yes, you will need to export the command into a triggergroup. I usually copy the command from NGLE to paste into my script (it's a pain, but it works).

TE doesn't support plugins from the trigger window, but TombIDE still supports it and since it compiles with NG_Center, the triggergroups will still work.

Just be sure that the plugin# is the same in TE and NGLE. I think it's the first # in the triggergroup command, like 01 or 02.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 17:10   #15398
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaS2Astral View Post
I've look into the plugin, and indeed, it exists, thanks for the recommendation!

There is an issue, however. Even after installing the plugin, for some reason, I can't see this flipeffect option in the list of flipeffects.

This may have to do with the fact I am using Tomb Editor... Maybe I need to try to ask in the Tomb Editor forum, what is the issue?
For a longer explanation, see:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=226284
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 19:58   #15399
YumaS2Astral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Thanks!

I initially had issues because I didn't know that I had to write a Plugin= command with an ID matching the number in each trigger (the first value, the number before 2000/8000/etc). I actually had Plugin= commands in my level but they had the wrong values, but I fixed it.

Now I want to talk about another thing. Not exactly an issue, but a curiosity.

What makes it hard to implement the TR2 Dragon in TRLE/NG? Is it the fact that it uses two slots instead of one? I've been using TokyoSU's plugin so that I can have all TR1 and TR2 enemies, and I have noticed the TR2 Dragon isn't avaliable, and never has been.

I also have played NateH96's TR2 TRLE Conversion to see how the dragon would work in TRLE, just to learn that it is not there, and that the level "The Dragon's Lair" actually uses a mortal (killable) version of the TR4 dragon mutant. Looking at the assets, the TR2 dragon is there, but it isn't programmed to appear in-game.

Last edited by YumaS2Astral; 11-08-22 at 01:37.
Old 11-08-22, 05:07   #15400
Richard_trle

I'm facing some issues where variables stop working, does it has to do with any limit? Such as moveable limit?

I have a puzzle that uses 4 variables, incrementing its value by one each time a shatter is hit, it works fine if Lara starts at the puzzle room

but if Lara goes through the whole level the incrementing stops working

I don't know what to do, if there is no fix or workaround I will split the level
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote