www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 04-12-20, 19:06   #1
JennyS1701
Hobbyist

Default Controller Problems

Greetings!

I finally managed to get a hold of a copy of The Lost Artefact. I installed it, fired it up just to see if it was running okay and everything seemed fine.

When I sat down to play it I plugged a mic and controller into my laptop and fired up the game only to discover a wee problem: the game was in small screen and there was no sound.

The no sound thing is a common and easily fixed problem with Tomb Raider 3: go into the config file and change the 0 to a 1. It was already at 1. Eventually I pulled out my mic and controller, fired up the game again and everything played fine.

Scientific-methoding* the ahem out of this problem revealed that the game plays fine with the mic connected but not the controller. I've never encountered this problem with any of the other PC versions of Tomb Raider so I'm a bit flummoxed. I noticed the joystick** was at 0 but changing it to 1 had no effect.

I should say that I was using a PS2 controller with a usb adapter, which has never caused a problem in the pst. I also tried a bog-standard usb controller and got the same results.

Any one got any suggestions?

I'm really not a keyboard person, and would much rather play with a controller, but if that's my only option, so be it.

*Is that a word?

**When did we stop calling them joysticks and start calling them controllers?
JennyS1701 is offline   Reply With Quote