Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-04-19, 10:18   #1
Heisenberg

Default 8th Tomb Slot...

So we all are aware that there is an 8th Tomb slot, and seeing that 7 7 7 Season Pass is over by April 23d, the question is this, new content for free or $4.99+?

I see a lot of debate about this and I want to discuss it in a thread dedicated to it. Not uncovering what it is but is it in the season pass or not? Maybe Morrigan can let us know too.

As for my opinion, I bought the Croft Edition because it was said to include everything aside from the Statue and bottle opener and flashlight objects of the Ultimate Edition. Thus, the Croft Edition owners should have the 8th DLC.

I think, whatever it may be, may be exclusive to Season Pass owners or as a free update for everyone as fanservice due to the backlash of the Tribal outfits and at times, lackluster content and anger and dissatisfaction the SP made the majority of fans feel.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Heisenberg; 19-04-19 at 10:20.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 10:31   #2
E.Carnby

Season pass was a huge content (7 tombs, 7 outfits, 7 sklills), I just have one complaint. Outfits. Thematically, it fit into Paititi and the tombs. It made sense but it was not aesthetic for my eyes and taste.
However, if the eighth DLC will be sold separately, without including the season pass, I will not be angry. But it is a paradox that Croft edition is without Croft stuff. Simply rename it to Paititi edition from now.

I'd like EM to take more time (3 months at least) and make the whole manor. All floors, gardens, underground, attic, simply everything. I hope it will not just little $ 5 content.
Perhaps Croft Manor will be released one year after release (september) and it will be like as part Shadow of The Tomb Raider Game of The Year Edition.

Last edited by E.Carnby; 19-04-19 at 10:37.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 10:49   #3
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
Season pass was a huge content (7 tombs, 7 outfits, 7 sklills), I just have one complaint. Outfits. Thematically, it fit into Paititi and the tombs. It made sense but it was not aesthetic for my eyes and taste.
However, if the eighth DLC will be sold separately, without including the season pass, I will not be angry. But it is a paradox that Croft edition is without Croft stuff. Simply rename it to Paititi edition from now.

I'd like EM to take more time (3 months at least) and make the whole manor. All floors, gardens, underground, attic, simply everything. I hope it will not just little $ 5 content.
Perhaps Croft Manor will be released one year after release (september) and it will be like as part Shadow of The Tomb Raider Game of The Year Edition.
I am still strongy against this DLC being something extra to pay for and so should we all be. I'd have waited for this Final final final edition of the game to get it. Also, it isn't GOTY.

If they make this DLC something extra and not in the Croft Edition and/or season pass I will be disappointed and truly let down.

Hope that will not be the case.
Old 19-04-19, 10:58   #4
Rai

You know what I totally forgot to check the list when I played the other day.

I dunno, I'm gonna remain sceptical and believe it was automatically generated as part of a list. For me that's the best way rather than get hyped for something that may not be a thing.

On the off chance it is a thing, I think it will be included in the season pass as a special extra, just like Blood Ties was.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 11:38   #5
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You know what I totally forgot to check the list when I played the other day.

I dunno, I'm gonna remain sceptical and believe it was automatically generated as part of a list. For me that's the best way rather than get hyped for something that may not be a thing.

On the off chance it is a thing, I think it will be included in the season pass as a special extra, just like Blood Ties was.
I hope so too.
Old 19-04-19, 11:40   #6
Mikky

Oh yeah, the 8th slot that is definitely, without a doubt NOT the Croft Manor. Like, we have no confirmation at all. Hahahaha.

Nah, I'm not worried at all that we'll have to pay for it. It will be exactly how it was with Blood Ties: people who already owned the season pass didn't have to pay for it.

On the off chance that they DO charge extra for it, sure, y'all be angry about it but you'll still pay anyway so... Good luck with that.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 11:51   #7
Jamise_Croft

I'm sure that the DLC8 will be with the season pass
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 12:24   #8
EzioMaverick

I don't get why are we even discussing this,
They have no planned roadmap for any content after season pass and they are not gonna piss off season pass owners or croft edition owners by charging whatever that comes next.

Multiple companies have done this in the past, given content out side of the season pass for free.
Here are two examples that i remember.

Bf4 premium was over. We still got additional three maps for free, additional camos, guns etc.
The division season pass was over, we got new legendary mission modes, a whole new area for pve and multiple global modifiers as events.

They are not gonna charge anything, else lizard wouldn't have called it a "Fan service".

Fan service happens when devs go out of their way to give you free content which is exactly what is happening here.
EzioMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 13:57   #9
AntRaidsTombs

I believe it’s two tombs in the last part of the DLC
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 14:00   #10
Robwood

Let's look at the facts.

1. There is a slot for an eighth tomb.
2. There was a 9.2 GB file that has yet to be justified. Computer players never got this file.
3. Morrigan has confirmed that there will be further DLC released after the 23rd (one outfit).

A. It's reasonable to presume that the eighth slot is intentional, as one DLC cycle (UPDATE: now two!) has passed and the slot is still visible. If it was a mistake, then chopping it off for the next release would have taken no time at all (if anyone programmer savvy thinks otherwise, then please explain your thoughts on the matter). Why tease customers with additional content that won't exist? Given the mounting tension concerning old issues yet to be resolved and the extremely poor reception the wardrobe has received, leaving such a mistake in would only serve to ignite the flames even further and they can kiss future money goodbye.

B. I'm no programmer, but I think 9.2 GB is too big a number to justify with bug fixes alone, especially since we still got the 3 GB file for the DLC that came before the release of the next DLC (both the 9.2 and the 3 were installed before The Price, if I recall correctly). Additional content is now sitting in our consoles waiting to be accessed and it's massive--the size of three DLC crypts and tombs.

C. Logically, something else will be released after the 23rd. If not, then EM would be rushing to get this final attire out the door by that date. They therefore have more work ahead of them.

In concern with point C, if all that would be released after the 23rd was going to be nothing more than bug fixes, then I don't see how that alone would be enough to justify delaying the final costume. It would be far more reasonable that we were going to get something more noticeable to go along with it. Whether that be an additional clothing pack or something grander is up for conjecture.

In concern with point B, I don't think that the 9.2 GB file is being used to supplement the path DLCs that were released afterward. Every DLC beforehand stood well enough on their own. Even though some of the later ones introduced new mechanics, we've seen that EM waits until they can get everything working before they release it, so it's feasible to infer that the large file isn't being used to support the smaller files, as there are no indicators for it to behave as a foundation for any of the DLCs. Most probably what's sitting on our consoles now is a new area that they're building upon as they go along making the DLC and fixing issues. Remember that computer players didn't get this 9.2 GB file--they're hiding something and they don't want the word getting out too soon. Also, as this file is already on our consoles, it would be very bad business indeed if they locked it behind a paywall, so I doubt we'd have to fork over extra money in order to unlock it.

In concern with point A, if we were to see a new hub area, then it makes sense that it would take up one spot, so the eighth slot would naturally be used in order to access it from the main menu just like the DLC extras. If it continues to follow suit with the DLC, then this content will also be available in game. If not, then it's Croft Manor. Either that or chapter replay and/or endurance mode, or some other content along those lines, including the possibility that the final DLC will have two challenge tombs. (UPDATE: that possibility is now gone as we know that The Path only has one accompanying challenge tomb.)

This is what I'm able to determine with what seems to make sense from an outsider's perspective. As I lack the esoteric knowledge (both as a programmer and as a fly on the wall at EM) necessary to fill in the blanks, I can't say with any certainty that what I've presented is, indeed, the case. However, if I haven't hit the nail on the head, then I'm reasonably sure that I at least came pretty close.

Last edited by Robwood; 14-08-19 at 21:46.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote