www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 13-03-21, 19:32   #71
Robsters85
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Quite a lot of visual glitches have been fixed by combining the best versions of the level files and by fixes done by nakamichi. The game has A LOT of visual glitches though so a lot of them still remain. For my remaster project I'm picking up where nakamichi left of with fixing these glitches, but the problem is that I can't fix them all with the knowledge and skills I have. I'm remastering all the level files in a very thorough and precise way (a combination of fixing glitches, remaking textures and improving the look of the game in areas that need improving while staying as faithful to the original look and textures as much as possible) and I have already fixed a lot of glitches that were never fixed before. So even when I'm finished with my remaster there will still be remaining glitches, and those are glitches that can only be fixing by altering level geometry (adding, moving or removing geometry, fixing UV texture coordinates and fixing vertex colors). I'm documenting all the remaining glitches carefully and I hope that someday nakamichi will come back in to bust those last glitches and the game will finally be glitch free.

I'm working steadily on the remaster and I definitely want to release a part of the project by the time the month of AOD's celebration arrives. So stay tuned!
Sounds great such a shame after this long it still needs fixing just goes to show how broken this game is 😔 i hope you can fix them all but as a previous posts have pointed out all these fixes need to be put into a one off easier installer 🙂
Old 13-03-21, 20:49   #72
TRJTA
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsters85 View Post
Sounds great such a shame after this long it still needs fixing just goes to show how broken this game is �� i hope you can fix them all but as a previous posts have pointed out all these fixes need to be put into a one off easier installer ��
Yes a all in one installer and a collaborative effort with all other essential fixes by other members of the community is definitely something I want to realize. Installing the game with all these fixes right now is too complex for many people.

Last edited by TRJTA; 13-03-21 at 21:28.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 21:57   #73
Robsters85
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Yes a all in one installer and a collaborative effort with all other essential fixes by other members of the community is definitely something I want to realize. Installing the game with all these fixes right now is too complex for many people.
Wondering given the game this broken after this long is there anyway just to simply import the levels into a new more stable engine which mite remove a lot of the problems?
Old 14-03-21, 05:20   #74
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsters85 View Post
Wondering given the game this broken after this long is there anyway just to simply import the levels into a new more stable engine which mite remove a lot of the problems?
Importing the models alone unfortunately doesn't cut it. There's animation systems, cutscenes, and - most of all - logic to be ported over to the new engine. Each and everything you see and hear on screen (with the exception of static environment models maybe) has a special behaviour coded into it, that cannot simply be copied to a new engine. The way enemies behave or Lara reacts to certain items in her environment is crucial to the feel of the game - and recreating those (without having access to the source code) is a VERY cumbersome and nearly impossible task - at least in reasonable time.
Old 14-03-21, 05:51   #75
Robsters85
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Importing the models alone unfortunately doesn't cut it. There's animation systems, cutscenes, and - most of all - logic to be ported over to the new engine. Each and everything you see and hear on screen (with the exception of static environment models maybe) has a special behaviour coded into it, that cannot simply be copied to a new engine. The way enemies behave or Lara reacts to certain items in her environment is crucial to the feel of the game - and recreating those (without having access to the source code) is a VERY cumbersome and nearly impossible task - at least in reasonable time.
Yh shame i wonder if any ex core employees could give the source code given there version of anniversary was leaked
Old 14-03-21, 14:28   #76
Delroj
Hobbyist

Thanks @JoelCaesar for the link
Delroj is offline   Reply With Quote