Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 08-08-19, 07:59   #1
mizuno_suisei

Arrow Frames per second

Is TRAOD hardcoded at 60fps? I cant seem to run it any lower. Even via fraps 30fps, game pulls 60.

I'm on a really low end laptop and also really surprised it's running quite well! Except I think the FR is causing a minor slowdown.

To the devs - is there an FPS value I can change hex wise?

Or does anyone know of a way to even MORE optimize AOD besides the games settings
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 10:59   #2
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Is TRAOD hardcoded at 60fps? I cant seem to run it any lower. Even via fraps 30fps, game pulls 60.

I'm on a really low end laptop and also really surprised it's running quite well! Except I think the FR is causing a minor slowdown.

Or does anyone know of a way to even MORE optimize AOD besides the games settings
The only way you can change FPS in AoD is with the Framerate mode in the settings. If it is in "fast" game will run at unlocked framerate, if it is in "smooth" game will run at 30 or lower but it is very unstable and has a lot of issues.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:48   #3
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:

Now that here is a very nice technical question you've asked about relating on to the refresh rate for AOD on the PC version only.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 03:05   #4
mizuno_suisei

I agree TRExpert, because I actually just ran TRAOD on a better PC yesterday and realised 30hz was an option. Only 60 on my little notebook. Fraps recorded at 30 really nicely.

The frame rate compensation settings just made it really bad. I dont think it's a precise setting literally just compensation for those dropped ones.

Thanks!
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 18:58   #5
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
I agree TRExpert, because I actually just ran TRAOD on a better PC yesterday and realised 30hz was an option. Only 60 on my little notebook. Fraps recorded at 30 really nicely.

The frame rate compensation settings just made it really bad. I don't think it's a precise setting literally just compensation for those dropped ones.

Thanks!
You're so welcome from my own regards!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote