Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-08-13, 20:54   #391
tombraiderxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Considering its an MTV show...
such ludicrous thinking to judge it solely on that.

The show's been getting really positive reviews from critics.

It's actually a really good show. That and Awkward. MTV's ONLY good shows. His acting is also pretty good. Everyone's acting is pretty good in Teen Wolf. I'd say he could be a pretty good Drake.
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 22:21   #392
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
It's called Halo, and it's awesome.
It's called mostly every Xbox game

All I see are uninteresting characters and designs in metal bulky clustered suits with some fat ass gun which are just so "Hey dude look at this awesome male character he's so awesome because he looks so dangerous because he has abnormal body part that make him look big and cool and everything i'd love to be. Hey where's most of the woman in this game? Who cares this is a mans world, they're probably in the kitchen HAHAhaha...a ah a ha a" no. That's why the only game that interested me was Quantum Break because it had more humanable characters. It's the first Xbox game that looked interesting to me.

Last edited by Valentino; 11-08-13 at 22:22.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 10:53   #393
Dia2blo

^ Two of those are actually Halo, one is not even an Xbox One game, and there is a lot more depth to it than people give credit. Halo is incredibly character driven, and has more of an emotional plot than a lot of other games. That trailer was targeted at fans who will understand the context, of course to anyone else it would just be Chief walking through a desert...

Gears of War is also a good game, but yes, it's full of "dudebro" characters, but then it is a creation from Epic games. I could say the same about Unreal Tournament on the PS3 etc.

As for Titanfall, it's made by the guys who made CoD, I don't think it's fair to classify it as a game.

What about Killzone? Resistance? All the other similar games on Playstation. Ironically Halo is the one that started the trend of Sci-Fi shooters, but the difference being because it is actually a good game!

If you don't like Sci-fi, fine, but a lot of people do. Also this is completely off topic, and I don't know why I'm arguing to be honest.

Last edited by Dia2blo; 13-08-13 at 10:58.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 11:49   #394
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
If you don't like Sci-fi, fine, but a lot of people do. Also this is completely off topic, and I don't know why I'm arguing to be honest.
You're not arguing I understand you're point. I'm just trying to give an idea from my point of view that's all.

Anyway...

There was a video over on IGN talking about overrated games. U3 being one of them. Does anyone agree?
I don't agree it's overated, but I do think U2 is better. Someone posted in the comments this (I hope they don't mind me posting it)

Quote:
If you thought Uncharted 2 was too similar to 1, then you must have hated 3. It's structured almost exactly the same as 2:
1. At the beginning there are flashbacks (Not too big of a deal, right?)
2. Soon after that Drake and Sully are in a jungle area (2: Borneo, 3:France)
3. While in the jungle area, Drake and Sully find some clues and are then confronted by the villains
4. Drake and Sully narrowly escape from the villains
5. While in a new area, Drake and co. enter another secret area and are ambushed by the villains' henchmen
6. Elena and Nathan get to a cargo area and Elena drives Drake close to a moving vehicle. Drake proceeds to jump on it
7. The moving vehicle gets into an accident and Drake nearly survives
8. Drake is stranded in an area with harsh climate
9. He is saved by a native
10. Participates in a car chase to get close to the villain
11. Reach hidden city
12. Fight supernatural enemies
13. The End

I'm not bashing you for liking 3 better than 2, but I just wanted to make a point. It's your opinion at the end of the day. I really wanted to like Marlowe, but she never really felt threatening to me. Especially since Talbot did the majority of her work, and she's hardly in the game. A lot of interesting things are brought up in 3, but they're dropped soon after (The card in Cutter's clothes, Drake's true ancestry etc). I really hope that for Uncharted 4 they delve deeper into these points brought up in 3.
While I've always said that U3 follows the same structure as U2, it didn't bother me toooo much because I still had fun playing it and seeing a different story play out but I didn't realize there was this many similarities.

(starts at 11:55) http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/08/12/...verrated-games

Last edited by Valentino; 13-08-13 at 11:51.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 12:59   #395
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Looks-wise he's almost perfect. I've never seen anything he's in though, so I can't comment on his acting.
He's a really good actor, but I don't think he would be able to capture Nate's personality and his voice sounds too young for Nate.
Quote:
Considering its an MTV show...
You've clearly never watched it.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 16:06   #396
Tommy123

I think its ironic that IGN of all people is talking about uncharted being overrated since they hop on calling anything from the series perfection faster than i run to a sale at the mall.

I am a fan of uncharted do not get me wrong but i also feel that the series is really over-hyped. When you take Uncharted apart it is actually pretty simple and does not really do anything really innovative besides having a good narrative.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 16:30   #397
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
I am a fan of uncharted do not get me wrong but i also feel that the series is really over-hyped. When you take Uncharted apart it is actually pretty simple and does not really do anything really innovative besides having a good narrative.
Pretty much, the gameplay is just Gears of War with platforming & set pieces.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 16:44   #398
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
You're not arguing I understand you're point. I'm just trying to give an idea from my point of view that's all.

Anyway...

There was a video over on IGN talking about overrated games. U3 being one of them. Does anyone agree?
I don't agree it's overated, but I do think U2 is better. Someone posted in the comments this (I hope they don't mind me posting it)

While I've always said that U3 follows the same structure as U2, it didn't bother me toooo much because I still had fun playing it and seeing a different story play out but I didn't realize there was this many similarities.

(starts at 11:55) http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/08/12/...verrated-games
I'm not sure if I'd say UDD is overrated as I've heard a lot of people criticise it. I certainly do think that it wasn't a great game, though. The worst Uncharted game so far (along with Golden Abyss).
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 16:51   #399
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I'm not sure if I'd say UDD is overrated as I've heard a lot of people criticise it. I certainly do think that it wasn't a great game, though. The worst Uncharted game so far (along with Golden Abyss).
UDD just feels like they were like "well uncharted 2 was so good lets just put sand in there instead of snow" Not to mention how Elena and Chloe were just copy and pasted in there.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 17:22   #400
Murphdawg1

I never have been interested in this series. I did give the Uncharted 2 beta/demo a try but didn't like it and then gave the Uncharted 3 multiplayer a try since it was free to download but didn't like that either.
Murphdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote