Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 10-10-19, 22:12   #1511
Deathly Karma

Ngl, hardly anyone will use this tool unless you support the most used formats like .obj, so that it can be used in Blender and Maya. Literally no one uses Sketchup.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:42   #1512
Joey79100

It's not about being harsh, but about facing reality: supporting niche formats instead of widespread formats it like shooting yourself in the foot. Only a handful of people might use the tool, and then it will be forgotten. To make a community live, you have to support widespread formats. TRLE suffered from this for far too long, fortunately this is changing with Tomb Editor, so let's not repeat the same mistake if you want to bring people's interest.
Besides, there is a reason Blender is requested. I have personally never used it for real, but I heard recently it got much better. It's free, open, actively being developed.

I'm not trying to say you have to support it, in the end it's your choice obviously, but just because you specifically don't like Blender doesn't mean it sucks, and you'd have much more success and help the modding community a lot more if you supported it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:52   #1513
nakamichi680

I don't remember if Sketchup allows you to export projects to obj. If the answer is yes then you're criticism is pointless.
In any case, OBJ isn't that great for exporting AoD's geometry: it doesn't natively support vertex colors, binormals, bitangents, multiple uv sets and complex materials.
Before starting writing my exporters three years ago I had to face this issue too and after my comparisons between several 3D file formats it turned out that the best one for capabilities and compatibility is FBX.
Then, if your target is Maya the answer is even simpler: Maya ASCII (way better than FBX but limited to Maya only).
That's why I'm supporting these two formats in my level exporter.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 13:00   #1514
sasho648

It doesn't even matter what I support since the engine has a hardcoded limit of collision objects.

Last edited by sasho648; 11-10-19 at 13:03.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 14:04   #1515
nakamichi680

It will matter once we figure out how to rebuild collisions
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 21:31   #1516
Samz

So I was thinking of messing around with that old incomplete AOD level editor.

Whats the tool for converting the level files? the link the editor gives is dead.

I think I asked this a while back but I lost interest at the time and cannot find the old post.

Can I just use the GMXunpacker? is that the same tool/does the same thing?
Also I know there were downloads for less shiny Kurtis/Lara but I can't find them, I was hoping to link them to a friend getting into TR when he gets to AOD.

Last edited by Samz; 12-10-19 at 09:00.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 02:28   #1517
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Well... **** me gently.

I won't judge you for your beliefs, but this is nonsense.
I have no idea these links you've posted is something you know, or just found it after a random search, but:

- I don't know why you bring the 7th period up, when Eidos took TR away in the 8th and Crystal released TR7 in the same period.
- You saying it's because "the purple white stars!" Did you red your own links?
(bolded part is important)

This doesn't strike me as something negative, but positive. Also a chinese fortune calendar has nothing to do with the outcome of AoD. NONE.

Also, you've mentioned, your delusional thoughts, yet you keep repeating them, but adding some Feng Shui to it.
Let me tell you something: It's not only Eidos' fault. Stop blaming them for everything.
Not Eidos (currently Square Enix) or Core Desing (more like its memory) nor Crystal Dinamics owes you. None of them. That's delusional.Hovewer, finally got it...

You see yourself as a messiah, a prophet. (That's why you take all the credit for yourself -your own words)Because, you are spreading this... stuff. (That's what you are trying to teach with this calendar)
At the end of the day, they has no relation to one another. I don't know when, or how did you came with this; but you should really sit down and read actual articles on the matter; because it seems, you are not capable to listen to us.

Also, the franchise got rebooted in 2013, when the latest trilogy's first part came out. TR7 might be a different approach, but not a complete reboot. (Which is 8th period, btw.)
I have studied so much about the periods. Anything can change from any moment from the universe. That's why Eidos have created all of that drama as it effected the Tomb Raider franchise's fortune by rushing this game out of the door from Core Design and replacing the production of the franchise out of Core Design's hands and to give it to Crystal Dynamics as it does have so much to relate in the purple white flying stars regardless. I know what I'm talking about. And I never tolerate for any of you to criticize against my own beliefs very negatively.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 16-10-19 at 02:51.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 03:11   #1518
michaeldt

So I just had a quick skim over the last 10 or so pages of this thread.

Erm... not sure what to say, just woke up- wasn't ready for this kind of nonsense.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 03:19   #1519
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
So I just had a quick skim over the last 10 or so pages of this thread.

Erm... not sure what to say, just woke up- wasn't ready for this kind of nonsense.
Eidos Interactive have took the production of the Tomb Raider series out of Core Design because they've caused so much drama to effect that part of the franchise's fortune from the 7th period. That's why everything had to change with the Tomb Raider franchise from 2004 as that year represents the very beginning of this period as we're in the 8th period. The 19th & last year into this period will be 2023. I believe that they're finally going to release a new Tomb Raider game into the very beginning of the 9th period which will start in 2024.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 16-10-19 at 03:21.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 03:35   #1520
michaeldt

ok
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote