Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 20-02-20, 17:57   #2061
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Do you happen to have an image of that? I‘m curious whether or not I think they suit Lara. I guess I could also see her wear these typical Ray-Ban glasses.
Here she is:

She looks pissed, maybe she lurked on TRF for about two seconds.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 18:00   #2062
TR1249

She looks so good

Sunkissed, glasses are sitting, hair is beautiful and tiddies sharper than a Pyramid. TR1 Lara wishes
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 18:14   #2063
MissJodieG

It really does look good. I could live with something like this.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 18:40   #2064
SnatchingEdges

She looks like the cool aunt that gives you candy but you don't want to make angry.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-20, 00:19   #2065
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
no Iypo. In your purpose opinion to try and riot.
I can’t understand anything in this post because of the sentence structure, and honestly I don’t want to try... I see the general attitude and I’m deeply sorry for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
How were they trying to riot when they clearly stated that they were only giving their personal opinion? Maybe just accept that they don‘t agree with you and don‘t want to attack you?
Ikr? Can’t I express my opinions? Some people are really weird. You know, they think that *their* laws are in effect {not directed at the person I just replied to}.

@SnatchingEdges Your description lmao Very accurate!

Let’s say that the dual pistols return in the next game. What model would you like them to be? The LU/Angelina ones? Anniversary? TRIV-V?
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-20, 05:42   #2066
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
It's clear they chose the most recognizable version of her. Maybe it even was Ubisoft's choice. That said, no need to dish SE for this, at least this is a good thing. They remember CLara exist. Now give us remakes!
Yeah, but that's classic Crystal Lara .
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 14:42   #2067
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Let’s say that the dual pistols return in the next game. What model would you like them to be? The LU/Angelina ones? Anniversary? TRIV-V?
Personally I don't really care for the model, and I am expecting that if they are present, we would have different dual pistols to use (like RotTR and SotTR have different versions of every weapon).

But I guess that the main model would either be Roth's pistols (which are closer to the classic design) or the Angelina pistols that have become the most recognisable model for Lara's pistols.
Old 22-02-20, 14:55   #2068
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Here she is:

She looks pissed, maybe she lurked on TRF for about two seconds.
They look great, Lara needs to wear sunglasses in the next game at least in the intro or something. If they remake the classics and decide to change the red round glasses for something like this I won't mind.

I don't mind if Lara uses Angelina's Heckler and Kosh USP Match model Dual Pistols, Roth's Pistols or the Classic ones. I prefer Roth's pistols just to give them an extra importance but the USP match design is legendary at this point.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 17:43   #2069
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Here she is:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3dbYwRg.png[/img
This picture alone represents the problems that the games have.
Lara in the comics is nowhere near as bad as her ingame counterpart. I even dare to say, that her comics self would be way more welcomed < by the so called 'haters'> than what we have now.

She's not doubting herself, she does look enjoying herself while on adventure, the focus isn't on her family issues, nor Trinity. (Tho, they're still there, like bad thoughts in the back in your head) The only focus is on her adventures, the myths.
It just shows how much liberty the writers had in the comics. Both in imagery (they weren't scared to put Lara into shorts and tanktop) and overall her character.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 18:09   #2070
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
This picture alone represents the problems that the games have.
Lara in the comics is nowhere near as bad as her ingame counterpart. I even dare to say, that her comics self would be way more welcomed < by the so called 'haters'> than what we have now.

She's not doubting herself, she does look enjoying herself while on adventure, the focus isn't on her family issues, nor Trinity. (Tho, they're still there, like bad thoughts in the back in your head) The only focus is on her adventures, the myths.
It just shows how much liberty the writers had in the comics. Both in imagery (they weren't scared to put Lara into shorts and tanktop) and overall her character.
I definitely agree on that, and I've been saying since RotTR that they should look more to what their comics are doing for the tone of their games.

And the big thing about reboot Lara in the comics is that she doesn't really feel like a different character from her games counterparts, it's more of a case of the comics exploring both her dark and lighter sides, which (shock) makes her a more compelling character.

I like reboot Lara a lot, I don't surprise anyone by saying that, but I can't deny that the comics help a lot in that enjoyment. CD has this actually interesting and compelling version of the character, yet don't allow for stories and narrative tones that allow Lara to show that side of her for some reason.