Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 12-05-23, 21:57   #901
HarleyCroft

Where I am most of the spiders are harmless except for 1 really camouflaged type so all of them are startling and usually cause for a hasty exit from the room
Thanks for the other scary spider fact, that's some quality fear co-miserating

I remember back before epilepsy warnings/options were a thing If an arachnid-limiting feature become the norm, I think there should be a animal-in-pain-on-screen disabling feature. I don't always have time to check the doesthedogdie website

https://www.doesthedogdie.com/
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-23, 05:02   #902
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The PS4 version is out
So it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Switch version is delayed to November.
Another delay for the Switch port? Hope they don't delay it to the point of cancellation.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-23, 11:06   #903
Vaskito

The Avengers game has a warning when you launch the game, about it containing enemy spiders (but it doesn’t have an option to change them)

-

Seb’s storyline is generally one of the most praised in the gp for this game. People are disappointed with the main story, and I’ve read a lot of consensus about his storyline being more interesting. I loved his storyline, and I loved the main storyline as well. But I’m easy to please. Both storylines kept me pretty entertained and both with interesting turn of events. I wasn’t confused with Seb’s storyline, and I don’t recall getting lots of quests from him in that way. Maybe you’ve progressed the main story a lot first? I was doing side quests before progressing the main storyline. The game spans throughout the 4 seasons, so his quests are supposed to happen in the span of in game months - but if you’ve progressed the main story first, I’d guess that wold be why you’re getting Seb’s quests in rapid succession

From a “general” perspective, this game is a 8 game. But to me, from a Potterhead perspective, it’s easily a 9 or above game. It has everything I dreamed of, and some more. I never expected an expansive world in a Harry Potter game. Only expected the castle and some random locations behind load screens. And while the world and its activities are the already overused RGP-esque type of game which brings nothing new to the already existing games, I was personally pretty happy and entertained (even with the lot of repetition in the open world activities) - I mean, I’m the person who completely adored the newest Assassins creed trilogy. Another thing that I wasn’t expecting from a HP game was the combat, and in this game I find it pretty cool and fun (narrative dissonance is always to be expected in almost any game which has combat in it). The room of requirement also a pretty big surprise with the insane amount customization it has (i’ve seen pretty crazy stuff some players managed to build). The soundtrack is on par with what was made on the movies, as well as the graphics are very pleasing to the eyes, and the magic and transitions, etc. are simply top notch. Also the third trial was such a damn cool concept!

Also, in this type of game (big rpg worlds), I never non-life the game to reach the end. I always play this kind of game in the span of multiple weeks, and that way they never wear me out. It took me like 3 months or more to finish Valhalla. Same for Odyssey. Origins took me 1.5 month, but I was very invested on that one as it was my first full AC experience and that game had completely blown my mind away

Last edited by Vaskito; 13-05-23 at 11:33.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-23, 13:32   #904
tiann

https://youtu.be/OyPQ0t3Fbcs

Recorded some broom flying, but I turned off the in-game music, and overlayed the flying music from the Chamber of Secrets movie tie-in game with a video editor
tiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 14:09   #905
DragonSlayer

The only part I dislike so far in Hogwarts Legacy is that irritating unnecessary door unlocking puzzle you have to do every time you unlock a door luckily it can be skipped.

Couldn't they have just left it at Alohamora and have the door open like it does in the movies, it'd have been amusing to see Hermione, Harry and Ron having to do that puzzle while locked in the room with Hagrid's 3-headed dog Fluffy.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-23, 17:30   #906
DragonSlayer

Hogwarts Legacy multiplayer test drops 200 players into game, does not go well
https://www.gamingbible.com/news/hog...10261-20230620

Hogwarts Legacy doesn't need unnecessary multiplayer it's fine as it is and better off without it why add something that takes away from the single player experience.

You don't always have to fix something that isn't broken by adding something that isn't needed, I remember reading somewhere when Horizon Zero Dawn was released that some guy wasn't happy that multiplayer wasn't in the game and it was something he would like to see added so that he could hunt robot dinosaurs with his friends.

Adding multiplayer to Horizon Zero Dawn would have ruined the game, he could always play Monster Hunter World that way he could get what he wants without ruining Horizon Zero Dawn with unnecessary multiplayer.
Old 12-08-23, 14:44   #907
DragonSlayer

My favourite part of the game so far Niamh Fitzgerald's Trial it's similar to the Scarecrow scenes from Batman Arkham Asylum.

My two least favourite parts of the game the Alohomora lock puzzle I mentioned in a previous post and the unnecessary restriction that prevents you from entering a location Hogsmeade for example while on a broom.

It's especially irritating when you are trying to get somewhere and an annoying bubble appears to follow me when I'm trying to get to a location that isn't Hogsmeade, I got so annoyed because of the bubble that I landed at the first opportunity I had when the bubble wasn't annoying me and had to walk most of the rest of the way.

Had fast travel been available I would have used it but I couldn't as I hadn't yet visited the area I needed to get to.

The Alohomora lock puzzle is more trouble than it's worth, the developers should have simplified it to simply saying Alohomora and having the door open, I skip every one of them.

What parts of Hogwarts Legacy do you not like?
Old 12-08-23, 18:54   #908
Yeauxleaux

The only real big criticism I have of Hogwarts Legacy is that there's really no replay value. They could have taken the house sorting so much further and had the game play out quite differently, with many house-exclusive quests, based on what house you're sorted into.

I played through it twice already and I think that's definitely enough for now, I'm now burnt out. I'll come back and play it again at some point though.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-23, 19:30   #909
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
The only real big criticism I have of Hogwarts Legacy is that there's really no replay value. They could have taken the house sorting so much further and had the game play out quite differently, with many house-exclusive quests, based on what house you're sorted into.

I played through it twice already and I think that's definitely enough for now, I'm now burnt out. I'll come back and play it again at some point though.
hi yeauxleaux i missed u
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-23, 07:39   #910
Vaskito

I think one of the biggest criticisms in general is the lack of elaboration on the "RPG elements" of the game. People dug out a lot of information from the files, which ended up being cut content, like for example being able to have a companion.

I read a lot of complaints that the game should have better RPG in general:

- Being able to attend classes outside of the plot
- Being able to sit, eat and drink
- The game should have a honor system, where bad actions would have consequences
- The house points system should be a thing
- You should not be able to freely roam on the castle at night, outside of that specific mission when you had to go to the library and had Prefects roaming around
- The world should be more lively and with more variety

It'd be nice to have those elements for sure, but also for a first attempt at an AAA game, I think they did a wonderful job. The detail put into Hogwarts alone is mindblowing, making it all make sense, all connected with no fake rooms, while maintaining most of the familiarized silhouette from the movies, it's a great acomplishment in my eyes. And then have such an expanded world outside the castle was unexpected, but very welcome. I believe the game has a lot of lessons learned which can easily be improved upon in a sequel
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote