Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 22-04-21, 17:16   #11
UroshUchiha

Wow these are coming so quickly, I love it all.
Is it just me or is there a little bit of the grey line on her nose in those last images?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 17:23   #12
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Wow these are coming so quickly, I love it all.
Is it just me or is there a little bit of the grey line on her nose in those last images?
Thank you

Not to worry, that's just the way light bounces off Lara's nose. Here's another angle:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	969.2 KB
ID:	3627  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 04-03-24 at 12:15.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 17:59   #13
ATombRaiderFan

I would like to share with you guys an interesting issue that I've been stumped with recently. The process in removing artifacts usually involve moving parts of the texture image a few pixels as a time in photoshop. However on this occasion I ran into this issue. See the image below.

See image below.

The pink square is the texture that is used for Lara's inner corner of the eyes, 1) is where the devs placed the pink square but it is in the wrong place, 2) is the correct place and where I've copied the pink square onto. It took some time and after comparing this texture to other equivalent textures from other models I was able to determine a pattern where it's likely to be positioned, but not always.

This particular issue affect Catsuit, Snowsuit, and both Special Forces models.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	3628  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 04-03-24 at 12:15.
Old 27-04-21, 17:12   #14
ATombRaiderFan

Update:

All Lara models have been inspected and many artifacts are removed. Texture files are now available via the download link for anyone who might like to have a look or perhaps to build on the fixes even further. I've also created a list of changes that went beyond my usual methods of editing.

1) The Special Forces model have two different lips textures, one small and one average size. The small lips texture is used but doesn’t fit and causes artifacts around Lara’s mouth. I’ve replaced the small lip texture with the average size lips.

2) The face texture that is used for Suit and Special Forces models is smaller in size than the typical Lara face. This causes grey artifacts around the forehead - see the image in post #10. I’ve imported the Legend face texture (typical size) to replace both of these. The typical face is a little richer in colour but the difference is hardly noticeable.

3) The face texture for Sport model is a mess of two faces overlapping one-another. I’ve removed this and imported the Legend face texture as a replacement. The texture replacement is 1:1 identical.

4) All but one texture file is unique to each model catagory. The odd one out is called TRL.EXE_0xB10CADA2 which is used for both Biker and Swimsuit models.

Thank you all for following this project and making comments as this thread went on. You guys kept me motivated and determined to finish this project in short time. Also I've snuck in an additional fix to Lara's journal which can be viewed in the first post.
Old 27-04-21, 19:25   #15
noonbob

Wow this is amazing. Well done, and thank you for your time and effort
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 05:37   #16
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Wow this is amazing. Well done, and thank you for your time and effort
Thank you for your comment, and you're most welcome!
Old 28-04-21, 06:51   #17
Boobandie

So any idea as to why Legend and Anniversary have such bad UV mapping problems? It seems like the kind of thing that would be caught when polishing the game.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 07:55   #18
UroshUchiha

Once again, thank you so much for your work here. This is an essential mod for this game in my opinion and should be included here if someone from the forums contributes to PCGamingWiki https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_Legend

If I get the time to look into it and see how the process goes I'll try to do it myself cause everyone playing TRL should use this.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 17:16   #19
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Once again, thank you so much for your work here. This is an essential mod for this game in my opinion and should be included here if someone from the forums contributes to PCGamingWiki https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_Legend

If I get the time to look into it and see how the process goes I'll try to do it myself cause everyone playing TRL should use this.
You're very welcome and it was my pleasure to do this. Thank you for suggesting that this mod is worthy of pcgamingwiki

BTW this mod have been updated with an improvement to the Rutland profile fix. As a demonstration I've coloured the rectangle part of the texture (top left) which affects the pc screen, in green. You can see in the screenshot below that the desk legs and hanging lights are also affected. This is how the Rutland fix previously worked, but with transparency.

See image 1.

The new fix goes further and nails down the exact pixels within the rectangle area of the texture which affects the pc screen, and again coloured green as a demonstration. There are still tiny parts of the desk legs and hanging lights affected by this. See in the second screenshot.

See image 2.

I think this is an acceptable trade-off because Rutland's profile picture is an important plot point. Download links have been updated to Version 1.1.

[Edit] Just to summarize the changes above. Basically the pc screen, hanging lighting and desk legs use the same part of the texture which is the black rectangle. This part needs to be changed to a blank alpha image so that Rutland's profile is visible during the cutscene. But this also makes the desk legs and hanging lights become transparent. I've identified the small area within the black rectangle which almost exclusively affects the pc screen, and hence the other objects are largely unaffected now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0.01.png
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	3629   Click image for larger version

Name:	0.02.png
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	3630  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 04-03-24 at 12:17.
Old 08-05-21, 00:52   #20
JAMJOOM

Default love this

good job
Really, the computer version contains many technical errors
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote