Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-06-21, 16:43   #21
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Oh by the way Reborn, do you still plan to release your edits to Sasho's restored beta level, or will they be part of this anyway? I noticed in the video in the Parisian Back Streets portion that the level doesn't end at the bottom of the ladder like it usually does.
For the default version, I'll release a version that doesn't have full access to the cut section but can visit some parts of it (I want the default one to be as polished as it can be so I don't want people visiting the area with the missing geometry etc.) but I will release an extra version as well with full access to that area for those who want it.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 18:41   #22
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
For the default version, I'll release a version that doesn't have full access to the cut section but can visit some parts of it (I want the default one to be as polished as it can be so I don't want people visiting the area with the missing geometry etc.) but I will release an extra version as well with full access to that area for those who want it.
Sounds good. I'll probably try out the extra version anyway out of curiosity. But for regular playthroughs, the default will probably be standard for me. As you mentioned, more polished plus the main area has most of the benefit from the added dialogue now anyway.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 19:35   #23
LateRaider
Inactive

wow, this is amazing, reborn! this is really making AoD feel more lived in. so excited for the release.

it gives me a new perspective on the comm chatter in TR:L too. it's like an extension of this cut ambient dialogue in TR:AoD.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 19:48   #24
red_lion

Just.. wow. Reborn It would be nice to see the audio restored in AoD. Lara should say a lot and Kurtis too.

I am eager to now how you did it. Because you need to add the trigger of the audio in the rmx?
Could you write a tutorial? Because knowledge = power

Last edited by red_lion; 21-06-21 at 19:50.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 20:36   #25
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Just.. wow. Reborn It would be nice to see the audio restored in AoD. Lara should say a lot and Kurtis too.

I am eager to now how you did it. Because you need to add the trigger of the audio in the rmx?
Could you write a tutorial? Because knowledge = power
This is mostly done by editing existing triggers rather than adding new ones (not sure how adding new ones work at the moment). I may write a full tutorial once this mod is out but to explain in simple terms (by using RMXTool by Sasho):

Triggers that have the ID of 70 and the hash value of 2079308532 are for playing voice lines. The first option value is for the subtitle that pop ups and the second one is for the sound that will play. Both of these values roughly (but not exactly) follow the text file of the game so if we set the subtitle value to 1 for example, it will be "Expelled from Heaven, the Watchers walked amongst men, and upon the Earth bred a curse - an abomination of shadow." since that is the first one in text file.
Old 22-06-21, 01:04   #26
mizuno_suisei

Sent author PM re AWD files.

I desperately need to be in the loop if a secondary AWD unpacker is created omg. Needs to be put to bed hahaha

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 22-06-21 at 01:05.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-21, 20:16   #27
PostArcade17
Inactive

Edit simple:

"Lara: Excusi moa. Also excusi moa two."
---‐
Lara: "Do you know the name Bouchard?"
Kurtis: "I'm just a stranger around here."
Lara: "Don't let me distract you from your paper."
₩₩₩
Maybe I missred other K. and C. documents in the forum...

Last edited by PostArcade17; 23-06-21 at 21:13.
PostArcade17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-21, 12:32   #28
Brendanlovesu1

this is fantastic
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-21, 12:49   #29
reborninshadow

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for the kind words

So we've been making changes and testing the first level PARIS1 with TRJTA and while testing, he's been reporting some strange graphical issues happening but when I'm testing there aren't any issues. I want to test this further so I need a couple more people to test it and see if they're having graphical issues as well. If anyone is interested, please pm me.
Old 24-06-21, 17:16   #30
_Seth

Just a thought; it is really important to remember that not everything cut from AoD would automatically have been something Core would have wanted to have kept in. There's every potential that they would have willfully cut stuff on purpose for whatever design reasons, so don't go too crazy.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote