Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 07-05-23, 19:15   #1
ajb94

Default Why Cant i save?

playing lost artifact and when i try to save it just exits the menu and wont save. In set up theirs an option for PSX save system or PC save system, neither work, both have save screen in the passport book but when i click action it just exits menu to keep playing. Also neither versions have save crystals in the game when i did the all ammo cheat
ajb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 23:13   #2
fallenangle

Are you sure when you click to save it is actually on the Passport Save page or is it, perhaps, on the default Passport Load page?

When you Save it should save and then automatically return you straight back to the game position you were in when you saved. That is normal so, from your description, it sounds as though there is nothing wrong.

I think if you check the Passport Save page you will find your new save was actually made. It is easy enough to check as they are all numbered saves.

Last edited by fallenangle; 07-05-23 at 23:19.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 23:29   #3
ajb94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
Are you sure when you click to save it is actually on the Passport Save page or is it, perhaps, on the default Passport Load page?

When you Save it should save and then automatically return you straight back to the game position you were in when you saved. That is normal so, from your description, it sounds as though there is nothing wrong.

I think if you check the Passport Save page you will find your new save was actually made. It is easy enough to check as they are all numbered saves.
nope, when i open the passport to the save page, im on empty slot 1, press action, and just exits and returns to game. it wont save, i took a video but idk how to post here.

I been playing TR since 1996, literally, i never had this problem, but with PC im not surprised
ajb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 02:58   #4
mizuno_suisei

I've been trying to help Alex via messenger with this. I've set him up with the tomb3 project to run TLA. root is not read only, psx saving is disabled in config tool. He's shown me a video where pressing action in the save slot- the text flashes but nothing happens. Saves folder is present.

Pretty unsure about this one.

Update, what a coincidence. I've just had someone else contact me with the exact same problem for tomb3proj TLA.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 08-05-23 at 03:07.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-23, 00:21   #5
fallenangle

Could it be an issue with where the saves are being made?

This is the info I have which may be relevant:-

Tomb Raider Games Saves Location: APPLIES TO ALL TR GAMES (1 - 5).

If both of these are true:

- the game is installed in C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\........... ;
- AND you have User Account Control turned on (those yes-no questions which appear every time you install something), then your saves will be in:-

C:\Users\*insert username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider

Otherwise (UAC turned off and/or the game installed anywhere but C disk), it will just be in the game location.

If you run all the games as administrator it will save to the actual game folder rather than the ....AppData\Local\VirtualStore.

So, assuming the Windows version being used still supports that path it might be worth checking the VirtualStore location to see if your saves are being made there.

TBH I do not know if it is actually possible to launch TR3:TLA and have the saves made to that alternative location but I can not think of anything else to explain the problem.

Last edited by fallenangle; 09-05-23 at 14:58.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-23, 02:14   #6
mizuno_suisei

Very thorough explanation fallenangel! The issue here was actually not related to default savegame location, but rather something different from the tomb3 project that has now been solved but, your post may prove helpful for forum lurkers in the future
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote