www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-11-20, 04:15   #3371
techno-atom
Explorer

The last game I fully completed that I had never played before was TLOU Part 2. The last game I beat that was a replay was Shadow of Tomb Raider.

I'm currently working on AC: Valhalla but these games tend to be like 200 hours long so it'll be a while.
Old 24-11-20, 16:54   #3372
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Beyond: Two Souls. It was overall a nice experience, with gorgeous visuals, and I liked the story up to a certain point near the end. I think that the game puts Jodie through too much hardship. Like... everything has to go south for her every 10 minutes and
when you get to the ending you find out that dying was the better alternative altogether, so what's the point of fighting for survival anyway? Just kill yourself and all your wishes come true, and those people who you miss will all die eventually, so even that sorts itself out.
Old 28-11-20, 22:04   #3373
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, with the 7 DLCs.

22 hours and 2 minutes

Loved it from beginning to end (again). Though I am ashamed to admit I forgot about Q'orianka's existence (?)
Old 03-12-20, 00:59   #3374
Los Angeles
Relic Hunter

RE3 Remake. It was alright. I enjoyed RE2 a bit more.
Old 03-12-20, 02:10   #3375
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
RE3 Remake. It was alright. I enjoyed RE2 a bit more.
Just a bit?
Old 03-12-20, 08:56   #3376
killchan
Archaeologist

Phantasmagoria

A classic and very successful FMV point-and-click horror adventure.

It has a very intuitive route, distinctive rooms (it's that good you don't even need a map even though there are so many maps), a skip walking animation feature, she's hot and I liked the fact that the game lets you progress even though you haven't collected every key item you need - in fact there aren't many mandatory steps - ... but then the final chapter triggers a multibranched quicktime chase and if you don't have everything you need to BEAT the game, you need to , well, get to a point where you can fully acknowledge that you're missing something (basically , you have to get to the furthest dead end of all, which is good, I like dead ends) and start a new profile and use chapter select in order to start that chapter from the beginning and explore the manson more thoroughly, since during the chase you won't even be able to explore the majority of the rooms, so you need to know ahead of time that you need to get some stuff BEFORE you trigger the chase.... Like, bruh, I get it , it's a 1995 game but DAMN
If this game was remade today, there's no way they would let you trigger the final chase before you find that key item, or prevent you from finding it during the chase.

Last edited by killchan; 03-12-20 at 09:06.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 03:05   #3377
Ashnod
Professor

CONTROL

Finally got the stupid bugged Vending Spree achievement to get my 100% completion by restarting the Endgame save. GRRRRRRR. Encountered several bugs and had a few crashes.

Saying that, though. Pleasantly surprised overall. Didn't like the AWE Expansion that was so Alan Wake focused, but enjoyed the main game and the Foundation Expansion.

The gunplay and power schemes were fun to play with, and a lot of the level design beautiful, and many of the puzzled entertaining. The combat and constant respawns do get tiring after a while.

I'm not quite sold on the ending; feels like they stumbled a bit there, but if I was satisfied for roughly 95% of the ride, that's a win.

Would definitely love to visit this setting and cast again.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 04:25   #3378
xdesperado_
Historian

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Really enjoyed the gameplay, especially with the venom powers in combat situations.

However the story was just alright I suppose. The final mission could have been a bit more interesting.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-20, 23:16   #3379
xdesperado_
Historian

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

I was a little late to the DMC party, but now I can say I've completed one of the games. Now I plan on going through 1-4 properly.

In the past I've always enjoyed hack & slash games (such as God of War & Bayonetta)
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-20, 22:48   #3380
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Bayonetta

Don't really know what to say.
Good game, very fun combat, Bayonetta herself is a ****ing badass, the way the game treats itself seriously when it needs to, it's all amazing.

I totally recommend it on anything except the PS3. That port sucks.