www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 28-06-20, 02:03   #3271
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil 4

Went back and finished Professional, now another game with 100% trophies (hopefully the REmake includes a Platinum)
Old 28-06-20, 02:42   #3272
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

TLOU2

10/10
Truly an amazing experience of a story. I loved every second of it.
Old 02-07-20, 22:04   #3273
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil 3 (PS4)

Several times, platinum included.

I have to admit it grew on me after replays.

The first time I was like "what the hell was that!?".

I believe it's a terrible remake. But it's a good game overall, so it's an 8/10.

Resident Evil 2 Remake is miles better. Undoubtedly.
Old 05-07-20, 09:28   #3274
Shirley_Manson
Professor

So I completed Rise for the first time and... I think the game is pretty enjoyable, but - the story is horrible. Konstantin and Ana are weak antagonists and boring too. My main gripe is with Jacob who is essentialy a horrible person imo. The fact that he is "good" when Lara meets him doesn't change the fact that he lied to his people for centuries and was essentialy a slave driver who forced people to pray in torture devices. Yuck.
The gunplay is allright, but a bit too floaty for my tastes. The platforming is greatly improved and expanded in comparison to TR2013. The challenge tombs are great, I wish the game had more of them, or better yet was solely comprised of series of tombs.
Also I had no big problems with Lara's personality this time around because Lara didn't turn into a sobing, crying mess in every cutscene, not everythimg was some big personal drama. She was actually pretty composed during the game, whereas in TR2013 she just felt like a burden.

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 05-07-20 at 09:43.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 21:34   #3275
rewak
Professor

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Pretty good! It was fun and the story was great if a little rushed in the end. I loved all the characters and would like to see more of them. The Uncharted meets Dark Souls gameplay was an interesting choice and set it apart from other Star Wars games. The technical stuff though, much problems. The controls kind of sucked. Clicking the right stick to use things is weird. Mapping the block button to the same button used to pull off special moves led to me pulling off the moves rather than blocking a lot. You can remap controls but there's always an overlap with other functions. Some mechanics like the wall run sometimes don't work correctly so I had to redo a few sections a couple of times to nail them precisely, thankfully it checkpoints you before you do any of these. The insane amount of pop in and slowdown made it feel unfinished, I played on Xbox One S but I hear the standard PS4 version has the same issues. It's a really good game hampered by weird control choices and technical issues. It only cost me £20 for the deluxe edition which is fair, I got my money's worth and I would replay it, but you can feel it wasn't 100% ready even after patches have come out.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 05:18   #3276
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Desperados III

Damn this one is one hell of a masterpiece. Very underrated!
Old 11-07-20, 02:58   #3277
TombRager
Archaeologist

Combat Task Force 121. It's an FPS game. Not innovative or anything but I found it pretty fun, too bad it is ten missions short, so I completed the game in three or four hours.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 03:16   #3278
rewak
Professor

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

The story took a little bit to get going but when it did I was completely hooked. Weaving a sequel and prequel together works so beautifully, a risky move and it totally paid off. This was everything I wanted from another Deadly Premonition story! Even managed to slip a little D4 tidbit in there. The only downside I have is there's not a lot of side quests to do which means you don't quite attach to the minor characters the way you did in DP, but apart from that I'd say it absolutely holds up next to the first game. Technically I played on a Switch Lite and there was some slowdown and a few times the shoulder buttons would just stop responding for a minute but that's all, nothing game breaking and it never crashed like DP Origins did. Even if it did the game autosaves for you so it had a safety net. I'll take a few technical hitches with this, I've been waiting nearly 10 years for a sequel and it's a miracle it even happened at all! If you like Deadly Premonition this won't disappoint.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 05:06   #3279
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

End of such an amazing game! A true masterpiece from Ninja Theory with only 20 developers!!

The sound effects of this game is different than any other games that I have played before and it is beyond amazing! Combat is cool with boss fights are challenging! Visuals are stunning! Voice acting is top notch!

Puzzles are tricky and sometimes makes you wander a bit! Some of the level designs are absolutely gorgeous! Like following the voices in the dark is really something that has barely been seen before and very challenging!

Senua's story is unbelievably good! It's groundbreaking portrayal of mental illness is something that has never been seen in a video game! The impact of it is really mesmerizing! And finally the Vikings setting is really beautiful!

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 9.3/10 from me!
Old 12-07-20, 22:49   #3280
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Erica

Overall, a nice enjoyable Crime Thriller. The Platinum was the only thing that was tedious. No chapter select, meaning if you mess up a choice for a trophy, you have to replay the entire game again.