Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 12-10-19, 21:10   #17991
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I kinda want Lara to flirt with an italian mathematics teacher in the next game. Who has a thing for history.
I see what you did there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yeah sure but all they did was do something the series already did from the start, it was the publisher's fault for this false perception, not Core Design.
It was Eidos’ fault from the beginning with those suggestive, disgusting ads and commercials. Square Enix fixed that right, but now they see shorts as an omen. I guess we’ll never have a balance... *sigh* :/
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 23:13   #17992
jajay119

The shorts have only ever been mentioned in a derogatory fashion since the reboot era. They were never mentioned as part of the sexualisation during the LAU era. I don’t really know where it’s come from. I honesty think it’s a TRF urban myth where fans have convinced themselves that CF thinks it’s too sexual and that’s why we won’t get them.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 23:16   #17993
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The shorts have only ever been mentioned in a derogatory fashion since the reboot era. They were never mentioned as part of the sexualisation during the LAU era. I don’t really know where it’s come from. I honesty think it’s a TRF urban myth where fans have convinced themselves that CF thinks it’s too sexual and that’s why we won’t get them.
I will never forgive CD for making Lara's short low-rise...

Especially on the Anniversary Model with her big belt.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 00:51   #17994
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
That last part of your post is what makes sense. I’ve never heard or read CD saying they don’t put Lara in shorts because they’re sexual, neither are shorts omen or whatever, when you’ve even had Lara wearing ones in SOTTR.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 01:59   #17995
Lyle Croft

The outfit Madonna's wearing reminds me of Lara's paititi outfits (but the shorts underneath)

Old 13-10-19, 06:32   #17996
laracroftswest

Lyle relating everything Lara does back to pop stars is one of my favorite things on this site
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 07:58   #17997
Caesum

Crystal Dynamics might have put more clothes on Lara but TR2013 is practically a masochist's wet dream and I'm not sure if that's a change for the better.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 16:35   #17998
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Lyle relating everything Lara does back to pop stars is one of my favorite things on this site
Oh god you should ask lance and underhoe how I relate their selfies to Lara Croft and Tomb Raider
Old 13-10-19, 19:56   #17999
scion05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
The outfit Madonna's wearing reminds me of Lara's paititi outfits (but the shorts underneath)

Ha, I remember being in the audience for the first ever, non-lip synched performance of Vogue (Cardiff, 2008). Lets just say it was a shock to hear how she really sounds singing it live in comparison to years of miming it
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-19, 15:21   #18000
Tomb Raidering

For you, Sam Lovers:

Lara has a nice voice though! She needs to start singing for real in the next game...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote