Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 12-08-19, 20:52   #11
relevance

My choice - Daniel Pemberton. But Junkie and Clint Mansell are great too.
relevance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 22:08   #12
NoahCrofRaider

I would not be at all opposed to Junkie XL returning. The movie’s soundtrack was fabulous. I’m not really familiar with many composers though, so I don’t have other ideas.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 22:20   #13
Tonyrobinson

Junkie XL could return but I want a better sound designer if he does. His score was great but terribly utilised during the film. I wouldn't be opposed at all to Alan Silvestri returning to score.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 22:50   #14
PinkyPromise

Yeah! The best of "TR Cradle of life" was the score. Pandora's Box was a great theme.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 14:30   #15
michaeldt

How would you all feel if Alan Silvestri were to score it? I thought his work on Cradle of Life was great

Edit: Just seen the posts above me
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 14:44   #16
Ellioft

I have send him a mail today
I wanted to know if he can release the missing tracks.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 15:15   #17
_Seth

I listened to Junkie XL's score from the last film standalone and it was very, very flat and unmemorable. Alan Silvenstri returning would be a dream:

_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 17:01   #18
za.parry

I mean the dream would be Hans Zimmer, but that’s probably unlikely :,-( My second choice would probably be Junkie XL, I think he did pretty good with TR. He’s made sick stuff, and his theme for Batman in BvS was phenomenal. If they take the movies version of Lara down the same “dark” path, he’d be able to convey that incredibly.

Not to get off topic, but did anyone feel like Junkies score for TR was almost too classical at times? Especially Karakuri Wall. I can’t say what would’ve been a better substitute, but I just thought those overly classical tracks weren’t fitting for the vibe of TR2013 or the movie.

Last edited by za.parry; 14-08-19 at 17:11.
za.parry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 18:15   #19
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by za.parry View Post
Not to get off topic, but did anyone feel like Junkies score for TR was almost too classical at times? Especially Karakuri Wall. I can’t say what would’ve been a better substitute, but I just thought those overly classical tracks weren’t fitting for the vibe of TR2013 or the movie.
Not really, no. I mean, if the movie more closely followed the games (at least in the aspect of Yamatai being a whole kingdom, and not just a prison/reclusion place) a score with a more Japanese instrumentation would have perhaps make more sense. But that is something that even TR2013 missed with its soundtrack, which most of the time was too "Generic Hollywood" for its own good.

Movie Yamatai was instead very "Pacific Island" and so it uses of native percussion instruments, that aren't really that common in classic orchestras and felt very appropriate to the sort of environment they went with. The OST also has a good, yet subtle use of synthesizers during the whole soundtrack, that makes it feel even less "classic". At least IMO.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 22:14   #20
Tonyrobinson

Path to Paternal secrets and the theme with Lara with Lu on the boat were my favourites, they created a pretty good vibe. To me it sounded exactly like what a Tomb Raider film should sound like.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-08-19 at 22:38.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote