Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 27-11-20, 00:42   #5441
lance6439

Wait. Adding onto that list of people with the best ideas: Yeaux at #3

TombLover at #4 and she's at #4 because she's just too obsessed with Lara and ginger hair and that's pretty concerning.

ALSO related to Marvel: @YEUX
Marvel's Avengers Hasn't Recouped Its Development Costs Yet

Lemme update my thread. hihi. Major BOMB indeed.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 00:45   #5442
Yeauxleaux

Thank you, dahling

We disagree on some stuff too but you entertain me to no end haha.

Anyway I shall tentatively wait for news on this Reloaded game, and hope it has a PS4 port that makes it far superior to the mobile version.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 00:58   #5443
lance6439

^

-

I just find it kinda infuriating that what the fans want isn't even asking for much. A TR1-5 remaster with polished graphics and a few knew things here and there shouldn't be budget busting. Its not like the majority are asking for a REstyle remake or something even though that would be nice
Old 27-11-20, 01:19   #5444
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
^

-

I just find it kinda infuriating that what the fans want isn't even asking for much. A TR1-5 remaster with polished graphics and a few knew things here and there shouldn't be budget busting. Its not like the majority are asking for a REstyle remake or something even though that would be nice
Exactly. I even go as far as saying I'd prefer a cartoony faithful 1:1 remake with polished graphics, a better hidden grid system and not such tanky movements. I'm far more invested in that than a REstyle remake that would shoehorn Reboot Lara into the classic games' stories.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 27-11-20 at 01:21.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 01:44   #5445
lance6439

I wouldn't mind RLara for a TR1 remake or w/e as long as she has a different voice actress. She's shown some character development at the ending of Shadow imo so...why not?

I know I wouldn't trust CD with trying to re-imagine CLara since every time they do so it turns out bad. But maybe that's SE's fault who know xx
Old 27-11-20, 08:48   #5446
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
It doesn't even matter anyways, yall. I was almost done beating it again but I couldn't bring myself to proceed any longer. The enemies are uninteresting and boring. The location is boring and uninteresting. Lara doesn't keep me interested either. The last few puzzles are just atrocious and repetitive. What's even worse than all of this combined together is just the endless swarms of enemies. Crystal cannot pull off swarms of enemies like Naughty Dog can with Uncharted and TLOU. I cant envision myself playing these Reboot games for a very long time. Its just a very mediocre trilogy sitting at a 6/10 for me. TR2013 holds the best, Shadow the second, and Rise at the very last. For the longest my rates would fluctuate over time but I think this is set in stone for good. I think another issue is that Camilla voicing Lara just makes me want to go to sleep. She's possibly the worst in the entire TR franchise ever and I hope to god she doesn't ever come back again. I caught myself playing with left hand because of the constant scripting moments that plague these games and nothing feels rewarding.

I dunno. I think CD/SE should continue with Reboot games with their own timeline and then make TR games based off of Classic Lara with her own timeline made by some mega talented indie devs. That way everyone is satisfied. I sometimes think this reboot era just dragged on for too much longer than it should have been.
This is literally me when I played Rise for the first (and only) time! Seriously, finishing that game was an absolute chore. It bored me to death.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 21:18   #5447
jajay119

I think Shadow really improved on the final fight. Dominguez having some sort of rudimentary puzzle element to him was much better than what came before. Rise's ending just felt like the reboot one done again: climb this towers, battle this wave of enemies. When they introduced the chopper and a second wave of enemies I was so ready for it to be over.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 23:13   #5448
charmedangelin

All I really want from this franchise is a port of the classics 1-6.

Provide 64bit support

Provide native widescreen

That's it

Is it really that hard for CD to do it? I know many have other demands, but mine are like the simplest they can get.

Added bonus:

Do what Bethesda did and allow people to play custom levels on console. Bethesda picked out the communities favorite custom levels and added them to the ports while every few months adding more custom levels that they believe fans will enjoy.

I'd die happy and honestly wouldn't care what came next, like at all.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 00:03   #5449
larafan25

if CD start touching custom levels they're going to screw the whole thing up i know it

suddenly ledge-climbing in whatever-else will be considered "classic" because it was "made with the tr4 engine"
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 02:04   #5450
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I think Shadow really improved on the final fight. Dominguez having some sort of rudimentary puzzle element to him was much better than what came before. Rise's ending just felt like the reboot one done again: climb this towers, battle this wave of enemies. When they introduced the chopper and a second wave of enemies I was so ready for it to be over.
Literally all of the games kept the same ending structure. Rise and Shadow did absolutely nothing different. Dramatic and boring final climb. Fight goons in the same maze type path with an easy boss fight that does nothing different with the combat. Followed by a disappointing finish. The best reboot boss fight was Baba Yaga. That involved a puzzle which was something really good in a Tomb Raider game. They should followed suit in the future games instead of handing me bullet sponges and forced stealth sections.

Last edited by JuditePrince12; 28-11-20 at 02:05.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote