Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 17-01-21, 20:16   #51
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Plot Twist. In the next game, Lara studies the life and adventures of Roth.
The sad part is that I wouldn't put this past them. Probably dragged a whole trilogy just because...
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 20:46   #52
Shirley_Manson

Roth's daughter, Richard's daughter, Reyes's daughter... who cares?

There should be no daddy issues in the next game, that's all that matters. Lara's father shouldn't be mentioned even as a joke. It's getting annoying.
I know this is a spoof thread, but could you imagine people ruminating over Heshingly Croft and Amelia back in 1996?
This truly is the cursed timeline.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 00:41   #53
OrangeJuice

this sounds plausible

also i think winston never really existed and it was roth dressed up as an old man all along so he could "play cards" with amelia every night in secret

plus jonah is actually sam
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 03:44   #54
Yuna´s Wish

^ But where is the real Jonah!?
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 09:45   #55
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
^ But where is the real Jonah!?
i killed him
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 12:12   #56
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
i killed him
Blessing to you!
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 00:08   #57
tomee

I'll be honest, I opened this thread thinking it was something ridiculous, but I took the time to read it all, including the tidbit about Amelia being classic Lara and reboot Lara being her daughter. It all actually kind of make sense... I'm just not sure Crystal's writers actually do possess the wits and acumen for writing such a bold meta narrative. Crystal's rebooted stories are always too ambitious with poor execution. They're *good*, but not reaching for the stars like they're clearly trying to be.

IDK, I'm just inclined to believe this was a series of coincidences. I like Crystal's games in general, but writing is one of their weakest suits and I don't give them the credit for being able to pull this off. This is also why from the narrative standpoint Legend is their best game. It's light hearted and fun, like a pop corn movie. TRL doesn't want you to sink into your feelings about something devastating or think about the plight of modern humanity. It wants you to watch and enjoy.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 14:59   #58
pitchtheripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Are you okay?
he isn't this is the 2nd week in a row he talks about roth being lara's dad

I honestly do not wanna get into this rabbit hole cuz it just looks like the cries of a man stuck in quarantine for too long. I do really relate, though.

Last edited by Rai; 19-01-21 at 18:19. Reason: Double post merged
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 06:41   #59
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I'll be honest, I opened this thread thinking it was something ridiculous, but I took the time to read it all, including the tidbit about Amelia being classic Lara and reboot Lara being her daughter. It all actually kind of make sense... I'm just not sure Crystal's writers actually do possess the wits and acumen for writing such a bold meta narrative. Crystal's rebooted stories are always too ambitious with poor execution. They're *good*, but not reaching for the stars like they're clearly trying to be.

IDK, I'm just inclined to believe this was a series of coincidences. I like Crystal's games in general, but writing is one of their weakest suits and I don't give them the credit for being able to pull this off. This is also why from the narrative standpoint Legend is their best game. It's light hearted and fun, like a pop corn movie. TRL doesn't want you to sink into your feelings about something devastating or think about the plight of modern humanity. It wants you to watch and enjoy.
I would agree with you, but one thing CD are guilty of is reusing storylines and "borrowing ideas" from other movies and games. Family paternity twists are lifted straight from classics like DaVinci Code and Star Wars. It's not very original, but it was done so subtly in the reboot franchise that its a stunningly bold move when you figure it out. And not to mention they had writing help from Pratchett and Gail Simone (Not that they're any better. I prefer Pratchett to Simone anyday).

CD got alot of flack for their unwieldy writing in Underworld. I remember making a thread at the time after Underworlds release begging them to hire professional script writers. They knew they had to up their game so they came out with the heavy artillery. I think they knocked the reboot's story out of the park, so much so that it was directly lifted into a major motion picture hollywood blockbuster movie. Rise and Shadow let the mythology theme pull the story away from Lara's character development too much, but Reboot was ALL about Lara's backstory, from her working at a bar, to her father's band of friends, to her best friends father's wealth funding the trip, to Jonah's back story. The whole theme of that game was every character having a rich history. Roth and Amelia being Lara's real parents was snuck in under the radar with all the noise of the other character's backstories going on. Very sly CD!!!! Very sly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
he isn't this is the 2nd week in a row he talks about roth being lara's dad

I honestly do not wanna get into this rabbit hole cuz it just looks like the cries of a man stuck in quarantine for too long. I do really relate, though.
Bro if you need a break from the forums, go outside. I barely have time to post here anymore. I came up with this theory 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
Roth's daughter, Richard's daughter, Reyes's daughter... who cares?

There should be no daddy issues in the next game, that's all that matters. Lara's father shouldn't be mentioned even as a joke. It's getting annoying.
I know this is a spoof thread, but could you imagine people ruminating over Heshingly Croft and Amelia back in 1996?
This truly is the cursed timeline.
I think that's part of the reason why we got Roth as Lara's mentor and secret father. Because CD knew we weren't having anymore daddy plotlines, and they had a real good one involving mentorship being handed down to Lara from a strong patriarchal figure who dies in battle, annointing Lara as the next in line. Could you imagine the fan freakout if Roth had been Richard Croft.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 24-01-21 at 07:27.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote