www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-02-19, 21:23   #11
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverin View Post
you should always play in a manner where you enjoy it as much as possible.

I tend to use cheats after i've already beaten the game, just for fun.
SAMEx
Old 13-02-19, 23:07   #12
Greatest TR
Explorer

I have never used walkthrough guide book my life, You are killing the enjoyment and it's cheating in my opinion, might aswell don't bother playing in the first place and wasted time, money and defeat the purpose of it. Again that's my opinion.
Old 14-02-19, 03:26   #13
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
I have never used walkthrough guide book my life, You are killing the enjoyment and it's cheating in my opinion, might aswell don't bother playing in the first place and wasted time, money and defeat the purpose of it. Again that's my opinion.
obviously.
Cheats have been here since the dawn of all video games for a reason. Replay value too.
Old 14-02-19, 04:07   #14
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
I find this completely wrong. What really kills the enjoyment is getting stuck for hours. A simple line in a walkthrough tells you how to get past that point so you could enjoy the rest of the game.
Others may enjoy having all the weapons from the start, how does that kill their enjoyment value?
Others may really hate the great wall and just want to play Venice. Does that kill their enjoyment?
Cheats were put into the game for fun.

Last edited by Woops; 14-02-19 at 04:08.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 05:41   #15
Lavender
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I wouldn't say that using walkthrough to complete Tomb Raider II is cheating or unfair. It is just your attitude to gaming. But, personally, I perceive every game as a challenge and I try to use walkthroughs as rarely as it is possible, but sometimes it is not possible not to use it.
I do it like this too! only when i really really need it lol, otherwise I like "solving'
Old 14-02-19, 06:35   #16
Joey79100
Professor

Getting stuck for too long really sucks. Happens a lot in some custom levels (which are for some reason rated very high). When I'm stuck like that I'll use a walkthrough just to get a clue if possible, reading the less I can, and if it doesn't help I'll use a video to see what I missed. Just what I messed. And then I go back to it. And sometimes I get stuck again literally the minute after, and I'll quickly draw that walkthrough again.
I don't do it anymore when replaying official TRs because I remember pretty fast what the general thing was and I can find my way like that, but when I play a game for the first time (like Shadow recently), I'll have to use the walkthrough a few times at least. It's great to be able to solve things on your own, but when you missed one little thing and you don't know what, or the puzzle just doesn't make any sense (TRLE levels I'm looking at you very strongly), a walkthrough is always welcome. At least you'll have seen the whole game, which is also part of the fun.
Old 14-02-19, 17:14   #17
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

My rule for using a walkthrough is if I genuinely can't find the solution to something if I've been looking for a long time and is hindering my enjoyment of the game.

I just played Resident Evil: Code Veronica X recently, and whilst I got through about 75% of that game without a walkthrough, there were some cases where I did resort to one, as that is a game with some very strange design choices .
Old 14-02-19, 17:45   #18
Ahmier
Archaeologist

Nah. I have a similar rule to michaeldt. If I get stuck too long still not knowing what to do, Iíll pop up a walkthrough quick as day. Youíll still have the same enjoyment since youíre progressing further in the game.

I donít consider cheating the word because I feel thatís too serious for a video game rules if that makes sense. Thatís like saying using fast travel is cheating lol But thatís all aha
Old 14-02-19, 23:04   #19
New Dwight
Professor

If I get stuck in game, I'll give it about 2 tries then I'm done; it's either dropping it in bin, or cheating to get passed it.
ain't got time for that.
Old 15-02-19, 00:20   #20
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Why do you even care about what people think of you playing a game that you own?