www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 16-02-21, 22:14   #141
Chocola teapot
Tomb Raider

I have also just encountered this... issue!

Currently I'm enjoying Unfinished Business, I've also got Golden Mask ready for next month but NO LOST ARTIFACT!
Chocola teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 20:38   #142
thewolf
Golden

You can still buy it online if you are lucky and find one but the price nowadays is in my eyes way to expensive. The japanese version is extreme rare and much more expensive.
Shame that they never released the gold expansions for the playstation back then
Old 26-02-21, 22:19   #143
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Now that they're gonna look into the Underworld DLCs... Maybe we can get TLA? Maybe there's hope?
Old 27-02-21, 18:03   #144
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
You can still buy it online if you are lucky and find one but the price nowadays is in my eyes way to expensive. The japanese version is extreme rare and much more expensive.
Shame that they never released the gold expansions for the playstation back then
I picked up the Japanese version a few years ago for about 10 Looking around I can see a few for sale but the price has gone way up, guess I got lucky!

rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 19:50   #145
perryloo
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I picked up the Japanese version a few years ago for about 10 Looking around I can see a few for sale but the price has gone way up, guess I got lucky!
..Is there any differences, other than language?
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 20:07   #146
charmedangelin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Now that they're gonna look into the Underworld DLCs... Maybe we can get TLA? Maybe there's hope?
Ed told me it's gonna take some time before legal looks into it given the number of things that legals already working with. Hopefully we hear some news later this year.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 20:55   #147
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
..Is there any differences, other than language?
From what I can tell it's exactly the same as the UK version, same title difference (Artefact instead of Artifact) and it plays in English. All the text in TR3 is English too but the voices are dubbed in Japanese, since there's no voice acting in TLA there's no change.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 06:30   #148
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Ed told me it's gonna take some time before legal looks into it given the number of things that legals already working with. Hopefully we hear some news later this year.
Thanks for the update.
Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back perpetually like in the past.
Old 11-03-21, 22:24   #149
Robsters85
Historian

hello guys just saw this thread and i have all the gold cds in perfect working order bought back in the day i remember when these came out it is strange there not on steam etc, not tried them on my new pc but i have them running from the cd itself on my old computer using win 7 32bit and seems to work flawlessly. currently replaying tr2 from steam but once complete i have to switch to my old pc and load in the cd and replay the gold levels. I am sure a good look on google would result in something, its over 20yrs old! back in 2000 games from 1980 were given away for free and there so many old 90s games on abandonware now so i be really surprised if its not on one of those sites somewhere

Last edited by Robsters85; 11-03-21 at 22:27.
Robsters85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 06:15   #150
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsters85 View Post
hello guys just saw this thread and i have all the gold cds in perfect working order bought back in the day i remember when these came out it is strange there not on steam etc, not tried them on my new pc but i have them running from the cd itself on my old computer using win 7 32bit and seems to work flawlessly. currently replaying tr2 from steam but once complete i have to switch to my old pc and load in the cd and replay the gold levels. I am sure a good look on google would result in something, its over 20yrs old! back in 2000 games from 1980 were given away for free and there so many old 90s games on abandonware now so i be really surprised if its not on one of those sites somewhere
Oh, it is available. The goal of this thread is, to have it LEGALLY available. As it stands now, Square Enix still holds the right to the gold levels (including LA). They cannot be considered abandonware, as they are still part of a very much alive franchise.

Our hopes here are to get a definitive (see what I did there?) answer from Square, as to if they can be treated as abandonware or - if not - they will at least be released for digital purchase in the near future. Either would be fine with me, as long as there is a legal way of obtaining them.