Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 08-02-21, 13:14   #71
Mahetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
From what you said it seems the usual, normal, probably unavoidable "overloading" bug that happens in very big TR3 levels. Does it happen in the entire level or only in specific rooms? It's usually triggered by too many objects/very big open spaces, from what I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Yes, that happens when you have lot of rooms concatenated vertical and horizontally. The engine needs to render los of polygons in the frustrum view and the engines priorize the geometry and Lara and make the moveables and static mesh dissapear. The only solution to it, is that some programmer release a Tomb3 patch with the needed change to increase the amount of assets to be rendered at the same time in the frustrum.
Oh I see.
That's bad to be honest but well. I am not going to delete those rooms and make now small level. The intention is to make this level big or even large.
Thank you DaroRaider and Topixtor for this information!
Next time I'll try to remember about that and not making such a big level haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I like the atmosphere of the level. That the edges of the walls and floor darken in the distance and merge with the darkness of the skybox. Makes it mysterious.
Although out there personally, I like that there are flares too.
Thank you that was intention to make this level creepy and mysterious
I've already put some flares in this level, so you don't need to worry about that.
Mahetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 19:21   #72
Mahetus

Progress on first level goes really slow and due to "overload" bug in TR3, I totally lose motivation for creating this level, so I need to go for a break.

At this moment project will be on hold. I'll give information after I came back to it.
Old 15-02-21, 13:05   #73
Mahetus

Arrow Back to project

My short break help me to recover my mind and I come back to this project and continue building it.

Progress for first level is now 35% so it goes pretty slow.
Old 03-03-21, 12:57   #74
Mahetus

Arrow Update

I wasn't updating this thread for quite some time.
I had a little break caused by a problem with trap setup in the first half of gameplay, but finally I made it through it and solved this issue.

Progress for first level is now 75%
So, Probably today or tomorrow I'm gonna finally finish the first level

No screenshots or clips because I don't want to spoil that much.

One thing I'm gonna spoil is that third level will be focused on minecarts, since there isn't many levels like this and I want to give more variation in gameplay
Old 03-03-21, 15:42   #75
Topixtor

Nice news
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 11:01   #76
Mahetus

Red face Little longer

As you may noticed, I'm still building the first level due to complication with some setups.

I don't know when I am going to finish the first level but I hope it won't take too much time.

(Problems everywhere)

Last edited by Mahetus; 06-03-21 at 11:04.
Old 06-03-21, 18:44   #77
Danath

Wink

Take your time, as long as you finish it.
Wish you good luck with building. Good to see progress.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 08:58   #78
Mahetus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Take your time, as long as you finish it.
Wish you good luck with building. Good to see progress.
Thanks a lot Danath!

I thought that first level will be finished, because there wasn't many things to create but well I've encountered problem with one setup that I don't know how to create properly so I just leave it and started creating rest of the level.
Level still needs to be improved in some aspects.

Also, I was paranoid because I thought my level is too monotone/boring, so I've asked BlackWolfTR to test my unfinished level to tell what he think about this level and he said that gameplay is good, so I've started to be calmer about that.

Overall, I noticed that my project gives a lot of inspiration to: Leoc1995, BlackWolfTR and Pedro as well, so I'm very happy about that
It gives me more motivation to finish it.

Last edited by Mahetus; 07-03-21 at 12:30.
Old 07-03-21, 21:26   #79
Danath

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahetus View Post
I was paranoid because I thought my level is too monotone/boring, so I've asked BlackWolfTR to test my unfinished level to tell what he think about this level and he said that gameplay is good, so I've started to be calmer about that.

Overall, I noticed that my project gives a lot of inspiration to: Leoc1995, BlackWolfTR and Pedro as well, so I'm very happy about that
That happened to me with Mystic Realm, i thought it was maybe too simple but people seemed to enjoy it a lot. And it even inspired others.
Just make sure you create a level the way you like them to be, then surely others will like it too.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 12:51   #80
Mahetus

Quote:
That happened to me with Mystic Realm, i thought it was maybe too simple but people seemed to enjoy it a lot. And it even inspired others.
I see
Good to know that I am not alone with this paranoid about monotone/boring level.

Quote:
Just make sure you create a level the way you like them to be, then surely others will like it too.
I'm doing this all the time
I've created some unique ideas using flipmaps/alternate rooms, so I hope people will like it

----------------------------

Also, I need a little help from someone how knows TR3 engine better than me.

My question is: How Tinnos wasp respawn point nullmesh works?
I've checked the setup in Fexinspect and only what needed is timed trigger, I have done that but it doesn't seem to works.

Is there a special setup for this or it works only on Lost City of Tinnos level?

EDIT: Problem solved thanks to Scourge05 and Osvaldo

Last edited by Mahetus; 08-03-21 at 14:25.