www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 25-02-21, 16:21   #41
UroshUchiha
Historian

This is awesome! Thank you very much. I never saw Texture C variant ever. He looks kinda cute
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 09:45   #42
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
This is awesome! Thank you very much. I never saw Texture C variant ever. He looks kinda cute
You're welcome!

Goon C looks like he just had a nice post-pandemic haircut
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 13:30   #43
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Hi again!

I've been looking into the Yakuza issue because there are still texture conflicts like brown hair and the occasional goatee appearing on the clean shaven black-haired Yakuza goons. I found something interesting:

It turns out that Texture A is causing the problem. It overlays goons using B, C and D - basically giving Takamoto a clone army. I experimented with making Texture A transparent (and restored Texture B) and now there are three distinct Yakuza goons. There is no unique goon using Texture A on its own so you won't be fighting any headless goon.

I checked on PS2 version of Legend as well which is old gen and it's the same, three types of Yakuza goons. There is a catch however that when you kill the goons, their heads disappear slightly faster than their bodies

Here's the edited male_yakuza_a.drm file on google drive via the link below. MachoBroccoli, if you're happy with this version then you can add it to archive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...j8?usp=sharing

Edit: If anyone is having issue with downloading the file, press the 'Download all' button at the top right of screen.

This is a fantastic find! I'll download and have a play with this myself

EDIT: I've had a play and yep, I'll be adding that to the archive! Good job dude!

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 02-03-21 at 14:43.
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 05:43   #44
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post
This is a fantastic find! I'll download and have a play with this myself

EDIT: I've had a play and yep, I'll be adding that to the archive! Good job dude!
Great and thank you! It's down to you for bringing attention to the Yakuza issue that inspired me to investigate after seeing similar oddities.

Honeslty I was stumped on this one as I couldn't imagine the Yakuza goons Texture A variety being broken all this time.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 03-03-21 at 08:45.
Old 03-03-21, 20:51   #45
JOHN30011887
Student

Great update
Old 04-03-21, 00:14   #46
LateRaider
Professor

https://mega.nz/file/OP40AY7Z#W3a17F...3HLdA44YG40xxs

i've implemented the new fix in my TPF solutions as well, for those who'd rather use texmod
Old 04-03-21, 10:45   #47
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
https://mega.nz/file/OP40AY7Z#W3a17F...3HLdA44YG40xxs

i've implemented the new fix in my TPF solutions as well, for those who'd rather use texmod
Nice! I've added that link to the OG post so more people who use TexMod can find it =)
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 16:40   #48
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Hello everyone

A user on discord enquired whether there was a fix to correct the grey gap on Lara's belly during the Kazakhstan level. This issue also affect all winter no-coat outfits.

I've managed to fix it by moving part of the texture image one pixel as a time until the gap was closed.

Main menu:

Cutscene:

Story mode:

TexMod:
  • Orange/pink winter outfit is fixed in all instances.
  • Blue outfit is fixed in Kazakhstan main menu, story mode and cutscenes only. The model is missing its belly button in the manor or when replaying levels. It's just skin and no gap - blame bad UV mapping.

DRMs:
  • All winter outfits are fixed in all instances.
  • The belly gap does appear in manor costume selection if you are actively using the no-coat (blue) model.
  • All 14 DRM files included in the download are necessary, including the jacket ones otherwise you'll run into issues.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...j8?usp=sharing

^Include edited texture file for anyone who prefers to build a TPF file for TexMod

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 12-03-21 at 06:35.
Old 10-03-21, 17:45   #49
UroshUchiha
Historian

I am loving this activity around TRL.
So a quick summary to be sure. So far the things fixed with this project are:
- Arthur's face on the statue
- Male Yakuza variants
- Nishimura's glasses
- Portrait in the mansion
- Monitor screen in the mansion

And now the grey line on certain outfits. Do we use these new .drm files in the same way we used the previous ones?
Did I miss a fix in my list above?

Also what is the difference between using the .drm files versus the TexMod solution? I never used TexMod so I'm not sure what it is.

Oh and one more thing, the TexMod link included in the OP is wrong. The one originally posted by LateRaider works fine but the one in the OP is cut.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 10-03-21 at 20:33.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 18:28   #50
ATombRaiderFan
Student

Quote:
And now the grey line on certain outfits. Do we use these new .drm files in the same way we used the previous ones?
Yes, same as always

Quote:
Also what is the difference between using the .drm files versus the TextMod solution? I never used TextMod so I'm not sure what it is.
TexMod is a way to inject textures into the game without changing the game files. Some people just don't feel comfortable with changing the game files which is understandable. TexMod also has a logging mode which allows you to cycle through texture files with the option of extracting them which is handy for modding purpose.

The only drawback from using TexMod is the missing belly button issue as mentioned in my last post. I've edited 14 identical texture files in 14 DRMs, with 13 of these remaining identical - but the 14th texture had to be edited slightly differently to fix the missing belly button. TexMod treats these 14 textures as a single texture file.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 10-03-21 at 18:32.