www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 12-02-21, 12:33   #141
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
That said, for a fun character design I see nothing wrong with Lara wearing some stylish activewear, for the activities she's doing. I don't care if it's not 100% realistic and practical, I can suspend my disbelief and personally value fun/creative character design over a lesson on what is most practical to wear on a hike.
See, I liked Jungle Heavy from TRU. It looked serious, practical, like it had been designed from experience. I hated that inch of exposed midriff because it was such an obvious attempt to make Lara "sexy" to people looking at her, which, if your a Tomb Raider, is no one.

Lara looked fantastic in it, and having that top be the correct size would not have changed that one bit.
Old 12-02-21, 18:16   #142
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
See, I liked Jungle Heavy from TRU. It looked serious, practical, like it had been designed from experience. I hated that inch of exposed midriff because it was such an obvious attempt to make Lara "sexy" to people looking at her, which, if your a Tomb Raider, is no one.

Lara looked fantastic in it, and having that top be the correct size would not have changed that one bit.
WE GET IT. No one is saying she should never wear pants and a full length t-shirt. The games have always had a full blend. But you have an absolute irrational hard-on for the fact that men might find her appearance in a sports bra attractive. Are we in Iran where female pop stars get photoshopped into different clothes on their album covers? Some people just want to take the fun out of everything. Try not to be such a prude. Most of the classic outfits show skin. You're just going to have to deal with it because that is the territory you have marched into demanding it be changed to your preferences. Instead of trying to hijack Tomb Raider with your politics, why don't you try another series if you hate the source material so much? The gameplay nowadays is interchangeable and there are plenty of butch characters out there that you would love.
Old 03-03-21, 19:41   #143
Linoshi Croft
Legend

I think I could honestly cope with just a simple upgrade of the current model if the hair was improved.

Her face looks so much better without all the hair around it.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 03-03-21 at 19:56.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 21:41   #144
Evan C.
Tomb Raider

Maybe it's something related to Nvidia hair physics and they were in some sort of commercial arrangement so they had to keep that. But yes, I absoluely adore her face like that.
Old 03-03-21, 22:32   #145
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I think I could honestly cope with just a simple upgrade of the current model if the hair was improved.

Her face looks so much better without all the hair around it.

This looks so good!
Old 04-03-21, 00:06   #146
kimiawn
Hobbyist

probably an unpopular take, but i am tired of them doing a classic spin on her main outfit, and think they should switch it up a bit for Lara's next design. take a risk for god's sake!

Shadow's outfit has such a cool tactical design, but i just don't like the way they did the colors, especially those hideous pants.
the black version is waaaay cooler and really slick. just get rid of the bright blue accents for something a little less flashy and make that her main outfit, and then we can have a classic recolor as extra. in my opinion it works better this way

i would love to see her in something similar to Anniversary's camo (basically AOD pants outfit without the green vest). or maybe black pants + something contrasting on top like the classic teal or even a light grey. also she needs cooler boots!
kimiawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 00:26   #147
robm_2007
Legend

I ****ing love that bun! I've always wanted her to have one. Start with the bun, then it unravels later in the game into a ponytail and then it burns off entirely and she's bald, scarring her scalp, making it permanent. No more hair discussion ever again.

And her face, while it doesn't look "fat" in the game as is with the dead possum/bird's nest bangs/sideburns, it certainly makes her look like she lost a lot of weight with it all removed. This really helps frame her face better and feature her actual features, rather than it being her face being swallowed by Chewbacca's arm pit hair glued to her forehead. She looks like a different person, which is good, as I very much dislike the Rottr face.

That modded "classic" outfit also looks great (with the bun).
Old 04-03-21, 01:04   #148
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

I hope they take it easy with the tactical gear. It's getting played out like the tribal stuff. With the exception of her having some of those cool colorful holsters from shadow. Let's go back to a mixture of cargo and athletic with some more modern outfits and an occasional button up. Camo and all these Kevlar vest and heavy gear is so bleh. She's an adventurer for crying out loud. Why does she need to looks like a mercenary?
Old 10-03-21, 02:42   #149
Luis Augusto
Historian

Outfit-wise, I love when they go with the long pants and some kind of jacket, it looks badass to me (and please, always keep the fingerless gloves):

I don't mind them not bringing back the shorts as her default outfit, though a short level or unlockable classic outfit would be nice. I think Shadow did a pretty good job in trying to combine classic and reboot, but those black patches on her pants made them look weird. This one also looks great:

I get that shorts and tank top are more practical for climbing and such, but I really like this kind of outfits. Maybe change outfit for every level, as it used to be? It shouldn't mean that they are sexualizing her, it's just who she is and the situations she's in. Also, don't forget that it was Crystal themselves who over-sexualized Lara with all the unlockable bikinins and stuff, which had never been done (officially) up until Legend.

Face-wise, I'm fine with reboot's, just (as everyone else says) fixing her hair and aging her up a little bit. I don't think the issue is the face itself, but her expressions. She always looks scared, and that should be gone now. Make her look fierce, and confident. Then we'd have our Lara back for this new era.
Old 10-03-21, 02:51   #150
Swiz19
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I ****ing love that bun! I've always wanted her to have one. Start with the bun, then it unravels later in the game into a ponytail and then it burns off entirely and she's bald, scarring her scalp, making it permanent. No more hair discussion ever again.

And her face, while it doesn't look "fat" in the game as is with the dead possum/bird's nest bangs/sideburns, it certainly makes her look like she lost a lot of weight with it all removed. This really helps frame her face better and feature her actual features, rather than it being her face being swallowed by Chewbacca's arm pit hair glued to her forehead. She looks like a different person, which is good, as I very much dislike the Rottr face.

That modded "classic" outfit also looks great (with the bun).
That would be because I massively decreased the width of her face and reduced her chin without all the hair, she looked really bloated and chipmonkey haha. It seems EM had had same thoughts because they did a reduction on Shadow Lara's face but you wouldnt really be able to tell because of all the hair.

New Lara I'm working on!

Last edited by Swiz19; 10-03-21 at 02:53.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote