Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 17-11-18, 08:24   #13131
A_De

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
make sure you haven't "jumped" an empty room on your list, because the flipeffect doesn't use the real (NGLE) room's index but the level room index.
For example, if you use room 6, and in NGLE you jump to the room 8, in the level that will be room 7, because in conversion phase all unused rooms are removed, instead if you use room 6 and use room 7, it will work fine
Thanks for valuable info, I didn't know about that
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 13:55   #13132
LoreRaider

If you change a dry room to a water room with that flipeffect, it doesn't have reflections at all
I always prefer using that trigger with water rooms, because TR4 reflections bright rooms too much, a way to add a similar effect could be using Mist button, not sure if Reflection button instead helps (even if it's for surface dry rooms)
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 17:08   #13133
Ranpyon

I want Lara to perform the "Monkey-to-ladder" animation. I've used this animation and the setup explained by Titak in this thread, and it works.
But there's a problem: the animation is performed only if the ladder mark (the green line put in the editor for the desired climbable wall) is put in the same room where Lara is hanging on the ceiling. If the line is put on the bottom of a room below (so there's a door), then the animation isn't performed.
Can it be fixed somehow?
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 17:34   #13134
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranpyon View Post
But there's a problem: the animation is performed only if the ladder mark (the green line put in the editor for the desired climbable wall) is put in the same room where Lara is hanging on the ceiling. If the line is put on the bottom of a room below (so there's a door), then the animation isn't performed.
So that's the cause for that!
I've had the same issue with that move, but I hadn't been able to figure out what caused it.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Well, now that I do know, I can work around it.

No idea how it could be fixed, other than making sure that the climbing attribute is placed in the same room.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 18:50   #13135
Ranpyon

Oh well, I was hoping someone could have a solution for me, but it happened the contrary In this case... you're welcome!
I can work around it too, but I really wanted to have a pool below the ladder...
EDIT: I've found a great workaround indeed, without having to give up on the pool! It was enough to switch to "Toggle Opacity 1" the water surface (Lara passes through it anyway if there's water below the surface as if it were toggle opacity 2), so it's possible to put the climbing attribute on it, and put another climbing attribute on the bottom of the pool, obviously on the same square coordinates.
It works like a charm!

Last edited by Ranpyon; 17-11-18 at 20:15.
Old 17-11-18, 21:27   #13136
Titak

Wow! That is sooo cool!
I'm going to try that!
Old 18-11-18, 00:25   #13137
Krystian

@Ranpyon: Actually, you can set the climbable wall attribute even if there is a normal (no Toggle Opacity 1/2) portal to a room below (If you're using NGLE, just select the sector on the 2D map with the right mouse button and then place the climbable wall ). This will not effect the overall climbing feature, but it is necessary for the ENV_ to detect the climbable wall there.

Btw, thanks for bringing up that thread!
I have forgotten all about it after these years, but funnily enough I not only ended up making my own animation for this move (if you're interested you can see it in game and download it here, link in video description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3YdGUYOHAw), I've also went on to make slanted ceiling climbing possible as well (currently in progress). Keep at something and you'll achieve it, as they say.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 10:04   #13138
Titak

^
May I add that link (to the Youtube video) to our Resources section?
Old 18-11-18, 13:06   #13139
Krystian

^ Of course, go ahead
Here's the direct link to the download package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b98k95...adder.rar/file
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 19:58   #13140
Ranpyon

@Krystian: Thank you very much for the explanation, and thank you for the animation, too! I love it! It's perfect and very fluid, of course I've replaced the other one with this!