www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 26-09-07, 00:09   #1
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Default Why is it so Dang Hard!?

I try to keep in shape, but its incredibly hard for me. I like to eat, and because my metabolism I believe is literally nonexsistant, the only way I can stay in shape is to A. Not Eat, or B. Eat very little.

It makes me so mad! All my friends pig out all the time, and they all look amazing, they never work out either. And when I tell them Im not hungry (even though I am) they get mad at me.

I'm not anorexic....just making that clear, and I do work out, but I've tried working out and eating, and it just doesn't work. The only thing I can do is eat maybe 400-600 calories a day, and work out. I'm worried about being unhealthy, but I don't wanna gain weight...

stupid metabolism...
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 00:13   #2
ihatecold17
Archaeologist

im sorry. i feel bad for people with slow metabolisms. mine is fast so i dont gain weight no matter what.
Old 26-09-07, 00:13   #3
2kool4u
Relic Hunter

Wow im totally oppisite. I need to gain wait. My metabolisim is waay to high.
Old 26-09-07, 00:14   #4
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

I say eat whatever ya want and keep exercisein
I do it when i see the weight creepin up then u exercise hard
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 00:14   #5
viper456
Relic Hunter

I have read in a few places that drinking green tea can increase your metabolism. Obviously its not going to solve all your problems and I wouldn't believe it 100% but have a read on google to see what you can find out and maybe find some other things like that too. Never know
viper456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 00:31   #6
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Sounds like you've got yourself an unfortunate situation. Pretty much what I advise is to get your metabolism up. Try running every day (that will work wonders), and look up other ways to boost your metabolism. Once you get your metabolism up, you're pretty much good to go as long as you don't overdo it with the food.

Still, keep in mind what you eat. My metabolism is really high, but I still try to eat healthy. I'm not a freak with it, and I still eat junkfood sometimes, but regardless, make an effort to eat healthy consistently. Less processed foods especially.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 26-09-07 at 00:32.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 00:38   #7
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Thanx for the advice you guys. I think Ima try to do some detox and maybe see a nutritionist for some help. I get plenty of cardiovascular excersise, but not as much muscle-building, and I know thats important.

It would just be easier if I didn't have my friends in my face ALL the Time, eating cheesburgers and cookies and drinking sodas haha. Its hard to say no to them when they all wanna order a pizza lol.

LOL...I've been looking up diets for the past few minutes, and I see them all, even low-calorie ones, with a minimun of 1200 calories daily! lol...that sounds like SOO much to me! Its wierd. I'm worried somethings wrong with me simply because I can barely eat 500 a day and not gain weight. Do you think I could possibly have a problem that is keeping my metabolism low? Its really extreme, kinda has me worried. :/
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 00:57   #8
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I just took a break to eat dinner after I posted and I was thinking about you. When I started to think about it more, I thought that you really might have something getting in the way of your metabolism, metically speaking. I don't know what, but it wouldn't hurt to see a doctor. I remmeber you posting a thread earlier about sleeping a lot, and then still feeling tired. You sound fatigued, and like you've already said, your metabolism is ridiculously low. I'd definitely get that checked out if I were you.
Old 26-09-07, 01:47   #9
erosan
Archaeologist

if you eat 400-600 cals a day, you will actually gain weight. I suggest you eat about 300 calories every 3 hours. that, and having a good run works for increasing your metabolism. At least that's what works for me.
erosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 05:33   #10
star-dust
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper456 View Post
I have read in a few places that drinking green tea can increase your metabolism. Obviously its not going to solve all your problems and I wouldn't believe it 100% but have a read on google to see what you can find out and maybe find some other things like that too. Never know
*goes out to buy green tea*

I hear you, I have a slow metabolism and while I'm not fat or anything, I got meat. I have tried exercising and stuff and it is like errghhh, I just feel I grow bulkier.

So then I figure, I only live once, haha.
star-dust is offline   Reply With Quote